https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moan moan moan

Started by stokesy, March 15, 2017, 01:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulhamfan666

we moaning about people moaning?  :wow:

Sgt Fulham

Abroad so I can't go to games this year but...
There was booing??? Seriously what the heck? We didn't even lose and we have a good team that works hard and has a good attitude. I understand booing when players don't seem to try or care and lose every week. None of these apply here.
Some people need to get real, that's properly p*ssed me off hearing that.

The reaction on here was fairly mature I feel. Lots of people realising that it's not our god given right to win every game. Every game in the championship has the potential to be tough. Even Rotherham at home was hard fought. The sheer number of fixtures lead to fatigue and sometimes players have off games. I think we're having a bloody fantastic season, playoffs or not.

RaySmith

I'm someone usually criticised on forums as Pollyanna minded optimist, someone  who looks for hope when things seem bad for the team, but when most become optimistic  I find myself offering notes of warning, and after the draw with Blackburn I did make comments like 'back to reality- same old Fulham' to paraphrase.

And I've come to realise how imbued I am with  a Fulhamish sense that it will always  end up going wrong for us. I somehow don't believe we  can be successful, although we have  been successful in the past.

I need to overcome this sense of fatalistic Fulhamishism, and realise that we are a good team with a top manager, and a top 6 finish, and promotion to the Prem, are within our grasp. This has already been a brilliant season for us, compared with recent years, and we've  gotten to a point below the play-offs after a play-off place had seemed so near yet so far for ages. Now it is within our grasp.

And we  should give the  team, manager and club a lot of credit for this at least, however this remarkable season finally pans out.

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: stokesy on March 15, 2017, 01:55:27 PM
I cannot believe the amount of moaning about last nights game,the first bad game for a long time ,everyone getting the blame from the managers substitutions to the blinking tea lady,this is the best football we have played in the last 6 years,the best manager since Roy,some good young talent,we would have taken where we are at the beginning of the season,even if we don't make the play offs I would have enjoyed this season,and maybe a better one to come .

Same old Suspects, 0001.jpeg

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on March 15, 2017, 07:10:09 PM
some context

1. that was our worst performance since september.

2. that was our chance to be in the top 6, which is somewhere we haven't been, again, since september

finishing in the top 6 isn't some wild pipe dream. it's been the club's clearly stated, and perfectly reasonable, expectation since the start of this season. whatever happens this season, the football has been enjoyable to watch and i'll be excited about next season, of course, but make no mistake, looking at this season against our objectives, if we finish 7th/8th that is a failure, plain and simple, and people are entitled to moan about that

People will moan no matter what.  If we go up or stay down they'll be moaners.  Sometimes the moans get heard and something changes but the moans will continue regardless.  It is in our nature to have the capacity to find something to complain about although we do know that there are better ways of changing things.     

toshes mate

Quote from: RaySmith on March 16, 2017, 06:02:44 AM
I'm someone usually criticised on forums as Pollyanna minded optimist, someone  who looks for hope when things seem bad for the team, but when most become optimistic  I find myself offering notes of warning, and after the draw with Blackburn I did make comments like 'back to reality- same old Fulham' to paraphrase.

And I've come to realise how imbued I am with  a Fulhamish sense that it will always  end up going wrong for us. I somehow don't believe we  can be successful, although we have  been successful in the past.

I need to overcome this sense of fatalistic Fulhamishism, and realise that we are a good team with a top manager, and a top 6 finish, and promotion to the Prem, are within our grasp. This has already been a brilliant season for us, compared with recent years, and we've  gotten to a point below the play-offs after a play-off place had seemed so near yet so far for ages. Now it is within our grasp.

And we  should give the  team, manager and club a lot of credit for this at least, however this remarkable season finally pans out.
A very insightful critique of both yourself and the nature of Fulham supporters through the ages.  We chose a very different path to the supporters of the big football guns whose pain appears nonsensical because they haven't won any silverware in the last five minutes.  And yet it is all relative and were we an easy catch for whatever bug it is we'd have opted to support those big guns rather than choosing to urge Cinderella on because she is really deserving of whatever success she can get.   Fulham have made me feel good this season and what more can any of us want? 

Delboy

Those that went to Newcastle will agree that the lads put in a double shift to totally outclass the league's top club. They left nothing at all on the pitch. Four tough games in ten days took its toll on Tuesday. We were our usual selves for sixty minutes but ran out of steam. Some of our players were running on empty. No disgrace, I was still proud of them and with a rest should be up for the Wolves game on Saturday. COYW.

Luka

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on March 15, 2017, 08:25:29 PM
Quote from: Kentish Gent on March 15, 2017, 01:58:52 PM
I also think that if we'd drawn 2-2 at Toon on Saturday, and beaten Blackburn 3-1 last night, everyone would be feeling mighty cheerful. We still got four points against the league leaders and one of the form teams in the division with a recently-appointed manager.
:plus one: My sentiments exactly

We didnt draw but won at Newcastle so its perfectly reasonable for us, the fan,s to expect another win againtst a bottom 4 side. I think the players fully expected it as well hence the "if we play our way we will score" type of attitude on the night. So if the players expected it why cant we. If they then dont deliver then we have every right to have a moan.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Luka on March 16, 2017, 01:20:22 PM
I also think that if we'd drawn 2-2 at Toon on Saturday, and beaten Blackburn 3-1 last night, everyone would be feeling mighty cheerful. We still got four points against the league leaders and one of the form teams in the division with a recently-appointed manager.

We didnt draw but won at Newcastle so its perfectly reasonable for us, the fan,s to expect another win againtst a bottom 4 side. I think the players fully expected it as well hence the "if we play our way we will score" type of attitude on the night. So if the players expected it why cant we. If they then dont deliver then we have every right to have a moan.

Then logically you will expect to beat everybody as we have just beaten the best side in the league. But sport really doesn't work out that way. Especially in football, when you look at all the possibilities of what can happen. Moaning is fine, I am the biggest moaner because life is awful. But it is the needless picking out of players or managers or anybody to moan at when really the failure was a collective thing and very much on the cards.

I support moaning. But not the need to find scapegoats where none exist.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Chesh

Quote from: Statto on March 16, 2017, 01:41:16 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 16, 2017, 01:33:26 PM
Quote from: Luka on March 16, 2017, 01:20:22 PM

Then logically you will expect to beat everybody as we have just beaten the best side in the league. But sport really doesn't work out that way. Especially in football, when you look at all the possibilities of what can happen. Moaning is fine, I am the biggest moaner because life is awful. But it is the needless picking out of players or managers or anybody to moan at when really the failure was a collective thing and very much on the cards.

I support moaning. But not the need to find scapegoats where none exist.

I don't expect to win every game. I'm prepared for us to be beaten on occasion by bad luck, terrible refereeing or magnificent opposition. But versus Blackburn it was none of those, we were just poor

and successful teams aren't allowed to have poor games from time to time?

Yes, we weren't at our best (second half anyway, as 1st half was a fair reflection of our form this season i.e. lots of good on the eye possession without troubling the keeper too much), but Blackburn also made it difficult, and sometimes that's how football goes, even for the best teams.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Woolly Mammoth

I was hoping to bump into Hilda the Tea Lady to tell her that despite her making a nice cup of tea, the blame lies at her feet, and it was all her fault. But sadly she has moved under the radar, which in itself is an admission of guilt.
Instead I bumped into the bloke who use to wear the Sir Craven of Cottage Costume, and after a brief sword fence, i blamed him instead.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.