watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moan moan moan

Started by stokesy, March 15, 2017, 01:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokesy

I cannot believe the amount of moaning about last nights game,the first bad game for a long time ,everyone getting the blame from the managers substitutions to the blinking tea lady,this is the best football we have played in the last 6 years,the best manager since Roy,some good young talent,we would have taken where we are at the beginning of the season,even if we don't make the play offs I would have enjoyed this season,and maybe a better one to come .

Kentish Gent

I also think that if we'd drawn 2-2 at Toon on Saturday, and beaten Blackburn 3-1 last night, everyone would be feeling mighty cheerful. We still got four points against the league leaders and one of the form teams in the division with a recently-appointed manager.

Lighthouse

It comes down to managing ones expectations. We beat Newcastle and suddenly we going to win every game and go up via the Wembley final playoff.

We forget that all season we are vulnerable to the same simple tactic. Big physical forwards, high balls in the area, high pressing on the midfield.

I believe it is still better to be cautious than over confident. I expected worse last night so felt frustrated but didn't think it needed the blame game attack. We are the best footballing side in the division and a better going forward than defending.  Last night didn't change the fact.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Agreed - no cause to moan.   And as ever, fine margins make the difference.  Martin was nailed on to at least test the keeper when the ref failed to play advantage and called the game back for a free kick.  Could have easily been 2 nil then and potentially a different result.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bobbo

Sits not defined to moaning it's just varied opinions, having said that there's a couple gone into overdrive with one dodgy result
1975 just leaving home full of hope

toshes mate

Quote from: Kentish Gent on March 15, 2017, 01:58:52 PM
I also think that if we'd drawn 2-2 at Toon on Saturday, and beaten Blackburn 3-1 last night, everyone would be feeling mighty cheerful. We still got four points against the league leaders and one of the form teams in the division with a recently-appointed manager.

An astute remark, and a rather true sentiment about what a confused bunch football supporters are....

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: stokesy on March 15, 2017, 01:55:27 PM
I cannot believe the amount of moaning about last nights game,the first bad game for a long time ,everyone getting the blame from the managers substitutions to the blinking tea lady,this is the best football we have played in the last 6 years,the best manager since Roy,some good young talent,we would have taken where we are at the beginning of the season,even if we don't make the play offs I would have enjoyed this season,and maybe a better one to come .

You cannot blame the Tea Lady on this occasion, she was on Annual Leave yesterday to check her tea plantation, so she has a credible alias.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

I thought the booing at the end last night was appaling.
As for moaning, there is a difference between moaning for the sake of it and saying the world has ended because we drew a game and being critical of various apsects of it.

Just to expect 3 points and 'moan' when it does not happen and blame everyone does not help anyone apart from the poster getting it off their chest.

Best season in years (home games, away games, style of football etc etc) yet some can't seem to enjoy it and I just dont know why.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes i agree, I cannot see any sense in booing. That sends the players back to the dressing room feeling even more disappointed after conceding a late goal. It's senseless to boo, especially when we are on an unbeaten run. Blackburn are no pushover and are fighting for their lives, and have a wily old fox in Tony Mowray as their manager.  Anyone who booed should be feeling a little silly by now I would have thought.

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Booing was crazy and uncalled for and not that loud to be fair.
Moaning?
I think nearly everyone has said it was a shame and been a bit deflated and we have had generally an interesting discussion as to what can/could have been done differently.

Persoanlly i love the current team they have the makings of a team one will look back on with real affection like the earl barrett conway/madonald/tigs/hodgson teams....  even though it was going wrong last night every player tried his hardest and gave everything for the cause.

But to suggest being critical of various aspects is somehow to be frowned on is ridiculous. The issue of the subs is important because IMO, Joca made an error, i still love him and believe in him 100% and believe he will achieve great things for us. But nonetheless he got it wrong and we should say so, I am sure he knows anyway. If we say nothing that would be worse, it would like like we don't care.

e4b

Quote from: MJG on March 15, 2017, 02:56:20 PM
I thought the booing at the end last night was appaling.
As for moaning, there is a difference between moaning for the sake of it and saying the world has ended because we drew a game and being critical of various apsects of it.

Just to expect 3 points and 'moan' when it does not happen and blame everyone does not help anyone apart from the poster getting it off their chest.

Best season in years (home games, away games, style of football etc etc) yet some can't seem to enjoy it and I just dont know why.
Totally agree we have no God given right to win every game. I was as dissapointed as anyone else with last nights result but accepted it as (i hope) a blip. The season as a whole has been excelent with some wonderful football. I believe we have a team and manager who give their all every game. Sometimes they will fall short but this bunch of players do not deserve to be booed.

Woolly Mammoth

Now that we are within the width of a fleas wallet away from a play off spot with a far greater goal difference. It's ours for the taking. If we fail to reach the play offs at this stage of proceedings will be extremely disappointing, an opportunity lost. As these opportunitys are rare. So let's hope the team or the thread bare squad I should say, can go that extra mile, cause if we can negotiate a path into the top six this weekend. Then the challenge is to stay there and hold on to what we have, with the matches to come v Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield to come, they are the six pointers, and at the same time, the matches v Rotherham and others cannot be taken for granted either.

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on March 15, 2017, 07:10:09 PM
some context

1. that was our worst performance since september.

2. that was our chance to be in the top 6, which is somewhere we haven't been, again, since september

finishing in the top 6 isn't some wild pipe dream. it's been the club's clearly stated, and perfectly reasonable, expectation since the start of this season. whatever happens this season, the football has been enjoyable to watch and i'll be excited about next season, of course, but make no mistake, looking at this season against our objectives, if we finish 7th/8th that is a failure, plain and simple, and people are entitled to moan about that
Definitely was not our worst performance since September. Villa, Reading and Birmingham away much much worse.
STH H3

Burt

I am still firmly in the positive camp (see my post on dannyboi's thread) but think it ironic that for the last few seasons we have been moaning because of how poor we have been, or because we have been in relegation battles, or because we have sacked yet another manager, etc. etc. so it's a measure of our progress when there are some moans that we didn't win and are not in a play-off spot!

Don't forget, we still picked up a point, and our current form is top 3...

FFCFOREVER

:plus one: My sentiments exactly

nose

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on March 15, 2017, 08:25:29 PM
:plus one: My sentiments exactly

or we dropped two points at home to a team in the bottom three and didn't play well.
sure four points from these two games was good before the event but expectation was high and the team failed to deliver.

in my genuine opinion, this game may have been a salient wake up call for our team not to believe its own publicity too much. in the end the experience will probably do them good and better with 9 games to go than 3 or four when it may be less rectifiable.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 15, 2017, 07:20:02 PM
"with the matches to come v Leeds and Huddersfield to come, they are the six pointers"

Are we playing Leeds again?? How many games do they want??
COYW  ;)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Nathan_ffc

our fans have always been dreadfully fickle. 1 good result we should be top of the league blah blah blah. 1 bad result the players are rubbish, every transfer has been rubbish, the manager has to go, the owner has to go etc...

Personally, after the last few seasons, i'd be well happy if we finished 7th (obviously would love play-offs). We rarely lose and usually play wonderfully attractive football.

I was at Newcastle Saturday, and as brilliant as we were, the Toon were equally as bad. They allowed us to control the game. Blackburn are fighting relegation so they were never going to give us the same time on the ball. Wolves will also prove to be a tricky game this weekend but fingers crossed our boys are up for it!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 15, 2017, 11:26:11 PM
"with the matches to come v Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield to come, they are the six pointers"

Are we playing Sheffield Wednesday again?? How many games do they want??
COYW  ;)

Yes we are playing them away, we have only played them once at home.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 15, 2017, 11:43:21 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 15, 2017, 11:26:11 PM
"with the matches to come v Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield to come, they are the six pointers"

Are we playing Sheffield Wednesday again?? How many games do they want??
COYW  ;)

Yes we are playing them away, we have only played them once at home.
LOL!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)