https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday v Reading

Started by Dodgin, March 17, 2017, 08:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 17, 2017, 09:57:32 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on March 17, 2017, 09:49:09 PM
I never meant that I think they're world beaters. Not at all. And I agree we'd be the team to fear.

My view was including reading's tough run in I think they'd drop more points and rather they didn't get a head start. As in once we got above them I think that would be that.

That said maybe it's not so bad as 4th is a real possibility now. Of the two, I'd rather face reading as Sheffield Wednesday are horrid and snide and we're not so good against such teams.

Wednesday run in

Barnsley away- not easy (draw)
Rotherham away (win)
Newcastle home (lose, if they can't beat Reading)
Cardiff home (draw, we know Cardiff are dangerous)
Qpr away (draw, not easy)
Derby home (draw, could be a different Derby by the time this comes around with Rowett)
Ipswich away (win but not an easy place or team to play)
Fulham home .......

Looking at the GD even if they do win games it's currently 12 better. I don't expect us to lose any games. I expect a couple of Blackburn draws but I think we could go unbeaten. That means our GD can only get better if this is the case.  If we can stay 3 points above them until the last game they could have to beat us 6 or 7v0.

This is in our hands. I'd rather face reading or Leeds in the playoffs than Wednesday and their dirty tricks.

Totally agree with this
0001.jpeg
049:gif

F(f)CUK

I am delighted with the result tonight as I don't care where we finish as long as we make the playoffs. If Wednesday drop off then fantastic.

Burt

All means nothing if we don't do the business tomorrow!! Let's grab this chance.

COYWs

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: F(f)CUK on March 17, 2017, 10:14:34 PM
I am delighted with the result tonight as I don't care where we finish as long as we make the playoffs. If Wednesday drop off then fantastic.

In which case a win means we got into 6th with a 2 point cushion. Had Wednesday won we'd have been in there on GD.

Beat Rotherham which we have to and Wednesday don't get a result against Barnsley away. All of a sudden we could be 4 or 5 points clear with a better GD and just 7 games to go.

Surely Mike and his points targets will be sliding now?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

kiwian

Great to see the sportsmanship from the crowd and BC when Hogg was stretchered off, apparently even the ref applauded.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Fulham Tup North

So now, a draw tomorrow and we are in the play-off spots!
It is then down to us to stay there.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

davew

Quote from: Burt on March 17, 2017, 10:24:01 PM
All means nothing if we don't do the business tomorrow!! Let's grab this chance.

COYWs
Agreed, I taped the Huddersfield match (but still haven't watched it and probably won't bother now) and didn't look at any score updates until reading this thread, can't believe Huddersfield got stuffed and rather wish Sheff Weds had won or drawn. If Reading had lost, I think they would have crumbled now I am not so sure, we are up against it!! Ok to say if we win all our remaining matches we will be in the play offs, will it happen, no of course not!! It's going to the wire, I was hoping Reading would have been out of the play offs by the time we play Sheff Weds, doesn't look like it is going to be that way now!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

The City/ Huddersfield result just proves that anybody can beat anybody in this league. Have to admit to feeling Reading were the ones to catch. Tonight proves otherwise. This is going to run and run and don't be surprised if Preston or somebody below us becomes the shock team in the play offs. Really anything can happen. Plus the City result means Wolves are far too near the relegation whirlpool and will be doing everything to stay out of it.

At least we have given ourselves a chance. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 17, 2017, 11:22:52 PM
The City/ Huddersfield result just proves that anybody can beat anybody in this league. Have to admit to feeling Reading were the ones to catch. Tonight proves otherwise. This is going to run and run and don't be surprised if Preston or somebody below us becomes the shock team in the play offs. Really anything can happen. Plus the City result means Wolves are far too near the relegation whirlpool and will be doing everything to stay out of it.

At least we have given ourselves a chance. 
What is sad is that we should have almost secured our play off position already, too many draws and too many defensive errors, penalty misses goes without saying, but we are still in with a shout!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham Tup North

It is still in our own hands. I wonder how many Huddersfield fans are going into meltdown today after losing to a side in the relegation zone? We drew with Blackburn and people started fainting!  This Championship,this season, proves you cannot bet and make money. We are not going to win our last 9 games, but stay undefeated today and we are in the top 6. It is then up to us! I am just thankful SJ  has been here before and knows what is required. No substitute for experience.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"