https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No proper CF - so why not play 3-5-2

Started by Baszab, March 19, 2017, 04:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

Put in Madl as 3rd CB
Allow wing backs to push up more
Still have 2 of Ayite/Kebano/Aluko to buzz around up top - especially when we're prone to counter attack

FPT

I actually speak about a 3 man defence in the post linked (copied segment below): http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=58847.0

"It surprises me that we don't change it up more frequently, I've long been a fan of a three man defence and long time posters on this site will back me up on that one. The ability to keep teams guessing and show in-game tactical flexibility is a great way to change games without making multiple substitutes. Cardiff away in the Cup was one of our stronger performances and that was aided hugely by Denis Odoi playing as an in between full back/centre back which allowed both Ryan's (ironically after previous comments in this post) to make an impact in the final third. "

I do think we could even use a Floyd Ayite or Sone Aluko as a wing back (Floyd for the right and Sone for the left); I would never play both in those positions but I think it would add even more of an attacking influence to the group. Even more odd that we don't dabble with it more considering Slavisa Jokanovic was a 90th minute equaliser on the last day of the season at Watford from winning the title with a 352. There of course, he had three phenomenal strikers for the division which maybe is the difference.

In Kalas, Odoi and Ream we have three centre backs who are capable of slotting into full back positions like Craig Cathcart and Tommie Hoban frequently would (more often Hoban into left back). I however be more interested in using Tom Cairney as a free player in the team - allowed to roam between wide right and behind the striker(s). In a 34whatever, we should have the defensive cover to allow Cairney to do whatever he wants. I also miss a good striking partnership, we had it for a time in McCormack and Dembele, but haven't had a real one since Zamora and Johnson. Investing in two quality strikers to play as a pair would give us danger in the potential for a legitimate two striker led formation whilst the likes of Aluko, Ayite and Kebano give us serious tactical flexibility, game changers and depth to play with.

Nero

or just play one of the centre forwards sat on the bench