more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thomas Cairney - Fulham FC | Goals & Skills

Started by WhiteJC, March 27, 2017, 02:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Chesh

Whenever, we are linked with a player during the transfer window, I often do a search for a you tube video looking for the odd crumb of comfort............

....sometimes they include a couple of decent goals/passes.

This one is unreal  093.gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

filham

Thanks White JC that was enjoyable.
No doubt that Cairney is the in demand player in our team right now. If we fail in our promotion bid it is going to be hard to keep him and even harder to replace him.

WhiteJC

Quote from: filham on March 28, 2017, 04:38:49 PM
Thanks White JC that was enjoyable.
No doubt that Cairney is the in demand player in our team right now. If we fail in our promotion bid it is going to be hard to keep him and even harder to replace him.

I've a feeling that as long as Joka stays then so will TC, difficult I know if the barcodes stump up £20 mill but I think that TC knows that Joka knows how to get the best out of him, wishful thinking?

WhiteJC

Quote from: Statto on March 28, 2017, 08:21:57 PM
the issue for me is that as brilliant as i think he is technically, IMO he has to be replaced as captain this summer. and then the issue is, will he stay if he's stripped of the captaincy? that might be his favourite thing about being here at the moment and he might feel humiliated by having it taken away

so why do you think he needs to be replaced as captain?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on March 28, 2017, 11:07:57 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on March 28, 2017, 09:53:46 PM
the issue for me is that as brilliant as i think he is technically, IMO he has to be replaced as captain this summer. and then the issue is, will he stay if he's stripped of the captaincy? that might be his favourite thing about being here at the moment and he might feel humiliated by having it taken away

Has none or hardly any of the qualities that define a good captain

I have to agree with Statto on his observations on the apparent shortcomings of Tom Cairney to Captain the team.
Despite his natural talent with the ball, and he is most certainly one of our key players. Unfortunately he does not have the qualities to be a Captain. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

I love his interview quote "I just wish Chrissy [Martin] would have scored from one and helped me out a little bit!", how many times could he have said that recently, not just the Scotland match!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

WhiteJC

Quote from: Statto on March 28, 2017, 11:07:57 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on March 28, 2017, 09:53:46 PM

Has none or hardly any of the qualities that define a good captain

such as?

toshes mate

Had Fulham derived just a handful of wins from our thirteen drawn games then would Statto and others be questioning Tom Cairney's leadership skills? Ten points extra would have us level with Huddersfield and the talk on here would be of an automatic promotion spot and no nervousness about not even making the playoffs.  All the judgments we make are marginal, fragile and weak unless we can justify them with examples of where they went completely and obviously wrong.  Football is something of a lottery unless you can go out and win by several goals every game, and the reason we have leagues (and I am stepping outside the realms of the twisted Premier for a moment) is because performance evens itself out over forty six matches to produce a table that may not perfectly reflect justice but is the best we can do to show it.  Tom Cairney's captaincy, if we don't go up this year, will be better judged next season when the players don't spend the first few weeks getting to know each other's names.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Statto on March 29, 2017, 10:09:34 AM
White JC I'm not sure if you're winding me up but football fans will already know the answer to that question and anyone else can find it on Google.

Toshes mate I agree with you to some extent, in that we're probably 10pts lower than we would be if the team hadn't had to spend September learning how to play together. And if we were up where Huddersfield are, I'd perhaps be too overwhelmingly happy to mention Cairney's leadership, Frederick's temperament, Aluko's finishing, Kalas' dodgy hip, Johansen's form over the last few games, Sessegnon's defending etc etc... But it wouldn't mean those things are perfect. It's the aggregation of lots of different things that determines our position.

sorry if you think I'm winding you up, I'm not  093.gif , I don't understand why you think he's not Captain material when the club obviously think otherwise?  If not TC then who would you like to see as Captain?

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on March 29, 2017, 10:09:34 AM
White JC I'm not sure if you're winding me up but football fans will already know the answer to that question and anyone else can find it on Google.

Toshes mate I agree with you to some extent, in that we're probably 10pts lower than we would be if the team hadn't had to spend September learning how to play together. And if we were up where Huddersfield are, I'd perhaps be too overwhelmingly happy to mention Cairney's leadership, Frederick's temperament, Aluko's finishing, Kalas' dodgy hip, Johansen's form over the last few games, Sessegnon's defending etc etc... But it wouldn't mean those things are perfect. It's the aggregation of lots of different things that determines our position.

I have learned to accept that it's never going to be perfect - this is Fulham after all - and its the aggregation, as you say, that actually does sort the men from the boys when the table is finally concluded.   I like to believe SJ is busily working on what the players do well, and working on the plans to cover the things they tend to leave undone as a result.  Nothing a few decent signings will not cure this summer and could have been better cured in August 2016 and January 2017.  But, like I said, it's Fulham.

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on March 29, 2017, 11:02:29 AM
If Fredericks was about to get sent off I can't imagine Cairney having the authority to bring him into line, but Parker would. He intimidates the opposition, influences referees (not aggressively, but authoritatively) stirs passion and fight, has all his teammates' respect and screams to them in all corners of the pitch (not just a nice little whisper in the hotel after, which is what I think you get from Cairney).

I take your point with this since we know what happened at QPR when Fredericks disappeared at half time.  And so Scott Parker knows his way around the game so much better than Tom Cairney but he will not be around much longer.   Cairney is on a steep learning curve, but that doesn't mean he will not get better at captaincy.