watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 25, 2017, 09:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

It is hard to say Mitroglu would have been a failure, he failed because he wasnt fit to play and FM didnt want him. He himself says, privately, that he will be seen as that even though he didnt play
Every day is a Fulham day

gezkc

Quote from: westcliff white on March 28, 2017, 01:54:48 PM
It is hard to say Mitroglu would have been a failure, he failed because he wasnt fit to play and FM didnt want him. He himself says, privately, that he will be seen as that even though he didnt play

Mitroglou has to go down as one of our worse signings simply because of the timing. He was injured when we bought him and this was at a time when we were desperately in need of a striker to keep us up in the Premier League.
I'm not saying that's his fault - it's totally the club's. You don't sign an injured player when you need him to come straight out of the blocks firing on all cylinders. It was a complete fiasco.

westcliff white

Quote from: gezkc on March 28, 2017, 02:11:40 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on March 28, 2017, 01:54:48 PM

Mitroglou has to go down as one of our worse signings simply because of the timing. He was injured when we bought him and this was at a time when we were desperately in need of a striker to keep us up in the Premier League.
I'm not saying that's his fault - it's totally the club's. You don't sign an injured player when you need him to come straight out of the blocks firing on all cylinders. It was a complete fiasco.
I agree with that but not a failur eon the pitch as no one will ever know
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

Quote from: MJG on March 28, 2017, 01:29:27 PM
Id argue that Peter Kitchen was a big failure for us as well.
Ok it was £150K but that was a big signing for us back in the day.

Of the list i dont think you can include Martin. Its not a transfer fee and he has scored a number of goals.
Its the £10M club where we struggle, with only McCormack being a sucess.
No Kitchen was not a failure he was just completely overshadowed by Ivor our best ever buy.

filham

There are reasons why the five players didn't produce the goods for us but the cost was enormous . Just think we could have bought a team of McBrides for the cost of Marlet, Ruiz or Mitroglou. No doubt it was big money badly spent. It must not happen again happen again

bog

I rated Smith but our style of play did not suit him. Was sorry to see he go.

092.gif

Forever Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on March 27, 2017, 01:45:42 PM
Quote from: filham on March 27, 2017, 01:10:58 PM
The question for history is where does Mitroglou fit in the list of money wasted on expensive strikers.

1. Marlet
2. Mitroglou
3.Martin ( not sure how much he has cost but it has certainly been wasted)
4. Ruiz
5. AJ

I imagine in the summer window we will be looking to replace Martin. Please lets be very careful before spending big time again.

There is a danger that Stats Boy may think that that strikers with a name beginning with "M" are to be avoided, someone needs to make him aware that Mitchel and McBride were two of our best and acquired at a low cost.

Well, since Ruiz wasn't a striker and since it was his play that kept us from being relegated two seasons in a row, I now have to challenge your entire list. Having Martin -- who is here on a loan and has scored in double figures -- and AJ also on the list makes me wonder if this is just five players you like to complain about.
Agree.