watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scotland V Slovenia C.Martin...

Started by Fulham Tup North, March 26, 2017, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Tim Ream will not be back from his adventures until later in the week.  USA play Panama tomorrow (which will be early Wednesday morning our time).  However I don't think there are any reports of worrying injuries from the games concluded yesterday.  Let's hope we have a team raring to go and snatch that play off place on Saturday afternoon.

HeinekenFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on March 27, 2017, 08:47:15 AM
Quote from: HeinekenFFC on March 26, 2017, 11:53:58 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on March 26, 2017, 09:42:26 PM
Stefan johaansen, went off injured that's bad news.

Not injured, was substituted because he was crap.

Nah, one forty plus yard pass says he wasn't all crap.  Norway were hardly about playing neat possession football and got done by that early strike from Ward which was a masterclass in creating something out of nothing.

NI were excellent. Hope O'Neill makes the switch to club football eventually as he's clearly too good for that level, with all due respect. Thought that in terms of being a captain, Johansen wasn't good enough for them but there's a lot of issues within the Norwegian FA from what I've them so that kind of stuff does spread down to the pitch in a way. Hopefully him and Cairney get some rest between the two of them.

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on March 27, 2017, 07:07:14 PM
Strachan said it all for me

"Everyone here understands what he [Martin] brings to a team. Some people can't see it...  if you don't understand the game, then you have a problem understanding what players are all about."

Yeah, I read that quote, and had the thought 'wonder what he would have said had Martin's shot not gone in'.  If there is nothing to see then you'd be a fool to say you see it.

HatterDon

"Everyone here understands what he [Martin] brings to a team. Some people can't see it...  if you don't understand the game, then you have a problem understanding what players are all about."

Exactly this
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Snibbo

Martin comes across well in this post match interview

Check out @ScottishFA's Tweet:
846126042901352453[/tweet]?s=09]?s=09[/url]

Chutney

It says a lot about Chris Martin that neither the fans at his club nor the fans at his country like him. The sooner this man is out of Fulham the better.
C O Y W

Snibbo

Quote from: Chutney on March 28, 2017, 08:47:55 AM
It says a lot about Chris Martin that neither the fans at his club nor the fans at his country like him. The sooner this man is out of Fulham the better.

I think the Scots love him right now,  and I would if he scored say 6 or 7 goals the rest of the season

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: toshes mate on March 27, 2017, 08:17:06 PM

Yeah, I read that quote, and had the thought 'wonder what he would have said had Martin's shot not gone in'.  If there is nothing to see then you'd be a fool to say you see it.

Martin gets booed everywhere now, but what do the fans know Gordon, eh ?  Then again, If a deflected shot just saved me my job, I'd probably be saying exactly the same as little Jimmy Cranky.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on March 28, 2017, 03:04:31 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on March 27, 2017, 08:17:06 PM

Martin gets booed everywhere now, but what do the fans know Gordon, eh ?  Then again, If a deflected shot just saved me my job, I'd probably be saying exactly the same as little Jimmy Cranky.

Even his wife boos him when he wakes up in the morning.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

callumc513

Bang on!

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: callumc513 on March 28, 2017, 07:13:20 PM

Bang on!

I just said on another topic about McCormack (why are we still talking about him?) that I didn't like the cut of his jib and the sames true of Martin.

But I do recognise what he brings to the team and his ability to score goals over the season, he's not pretty but effective!

callumc513

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 28, 2017, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: callumc513 on March 28, 2017, 07:13:20 PM

Bang on!

I just said on another topic about McCormack (why are we still talking about him?) that I didn't like the cut of his jib and the sames true of Martin.

But I do recognise what he brings to the team and his ability to score goals over the season, he's not pretty but effective!

I can kind of understand why people never took to Ross and aren't taking to Martin, there's not exactly lovable characters and that. I think they're both very talented strikers and that they both get unfairly accused of not working hard (I wonder if that's more to do with their lack of passion/effort off the field in a way). Both done a job here, especially Ross, so have absolutely no hard feelings towards either of them.

Fair play to you for not letting personals cloud judgement of them as players!  :54:

Fulham Tup North

But who would trust him to take a Penalty v Sheff Wednesday??
Especially if it is 0-0!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

One Martin Thomas

I would play Martin in every match 'til the end of the season. Best striker at our club.

hovewhite

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 29, 2017, 07:10:33 AM
I would play Martin in every match 'til the end of the season. Best striker at our club.
Slav will make the right call with the derby player.

bobby01

Rowett  says he wants him back, he will be going back, so he should take no part in the rest of our season.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.