watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scotland V Slovenia C.Martin...

Started by Fulham Tup North, March 26, 2017, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

049:gif  Got booed when he came on with 5 mins to go.
He must have thought he was at the Cottage.
Then he scores!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bobby01

Stefan johaansen, went off injured that's bad news.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

DevonFFC

And cost me a £100 quid as I had them down to draw.

jarv

Johansen injured, ouch. Coleman, broken leg, I feel for Everton. These mickey mouse internationals should never be played at this stage of the season. Shift them all to the summer. I hope Johansen is ok, not serious.

MaidenheadMick

Quote from: ollienixs on March 26, 2017, 09:42:33 PM
And cost me a £100 quid as I had them down to draw.

Got me  £146 as I had them down to win. Good old Chris

JudgeBread

Does Chris being booed have anything to do with how he has carried on for us or is it unrelated?

davew

Quote from: JudgeBread on March 26, 2017, 10:56:01 PM
Does Chris being booed have anything to do with how he has carried on for us or is it unrelated?
No not unrelated but maybe sounds different when done by Scot's rather than Londoners!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HeinekenFFC

Quote from: bobby01 on March 26, 2017, 09:42:26 PM

Not injured, was substituted because he was crap.

Burt

Suspect it was because early in his career he played for England U19s?

westcliff white

Yep, seems was a precaution as he felt a muscle twinge. Didn't realise he was captain of norway
Every day is a Fulham day

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Apparently Steve Mclaren is being lined up to take over at England again. Chrissy has therefore announced he no longer wants to be a jock

toshes mate

Quote from: HeinekenFFC on March 26, 2017, 11:53:58 PM

Not injured, was substituted because he was crap.

Nah, one forty plus yard pass says he wasn't all crap.  Norway were hardly about playing neat possession football and got done by that early strike from Ward which was a masterclass in creating something out of nothing.

ScalleysDad

And thus the Chris Martin saga continues. Somehow for this week at least the Derby player in a Fulham shirt retains his status as an international centre forward and a goal scoring one at that. Funny old game as someone used to say. However it's Chris Martin, the Derby player in a Fulham shirt, so it is never straightforward. Was that not one of the worst goalkeeping displays ever?

Bassey the warrior

Can we get back Christensen? Perfect replacement for Johansen.

Holders

Martin was lucky, I think I would have saved that.

Martin scored - good, I suppose. Johansen came off - hope he's alright.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

Quote from: Holders on March 27, 2017, 09:15:13 AM
Martin was lucky, I think I would have saved that. 

To be fair, and as the least likely 'I love Chris Martin' suspect, I have to say it was a reasonable strike.  The keeper was wrong footed and really couldn't change shape with the force the ball was hit past him. 

westcliff white

Quote from: The Moose on March 27, 2017, 09:14:18 AM
Can we get back Christensen? Perfect replacement for Johansen.
Cant recall outside an open window under the new rules, and you then need to gave a recall clause in the contract
Every day is a Fulham day

nose

i am no martin fan but he took up a good position, and he does that for us too, and te ball was played quickly to him. his turn was good and he got a strike on target away. I thought the goalkeeper was badly at fault BUT if you do not buy a lottery ticket you can't win the jackpot.

he does make tihose positions for us, but our midfield tend not to play him the ball that quickly. if we did then maybe we wouldn't keep debating his merits. My view is if you do not play to the man's strengths then you do not need him. if we do start supplying him the ball the way he wants it, maybe he can yet be useful.

filham

Cairney didn't play so lets hope he is back home today fit and ready to report for training at Motspur Park  and therefore he should  training and then fully prepared for our game at Rotherham.

Our worry seems to be Johansen, how serious was his injury, hard to think who would replace him on Saturday,

MikeW

Martin seems to be one of those characters who either courts controversy or it just follows him around.  Like Vardy.

Vardy and his entourage seem to live their life in the media who lap it up and produce headlining stories out of not very much at all.  Still, it's a short life (well remunerated) and they want their 15 mins of fame.

Reference the Martin booing, I read something pre-weekend that said the Scots don't regard him as a 'real Jock' so maybe that's got something to do with it?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."