watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Kalas what we need for next season ?

Started by Riversider, March 23, 2017, 01:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcwickford

Definite buy and will probably be below the £8m being mentioned here. His partnership with the 'amazingly berated' Ream here - who I think complements him so well.

I am a season ticket holder and watch them very closely, I think Kalas is playing through a slight problem probably for the cause of the playoffs and probably why he only played internationally for 45 minutes during the week.

Madl is also a good call, I have been a little surprised by Sigurdsson's difficulties but expect that to improve during the next season if we retain him.

Zahore (Cardiff City - bloody monster!) would definitely be on my buy list well ahead of Martin, who should be returned to Derby at the end of OUR season, and/or maybe, a sneaky loan bid for Tammy Abraham and the outright purchase of Lucas Piazon from Chelsea.

Can see George Williams and Stephen Humphrys and a few U18s and U23s breaking through next season and LVC and Woodrow both being available and useful additions should we make the playoffs. Grimmer and Burgess possibly to leave or be loaned out again but to League One this time at the start of next season. Tunnicliffe is out of contract and if Parker does decide to retire he is our enforcer and with no transfer fee - it is a no brainer.

Stearman surplus to requirements and possible transfer back to Wolves as Lambert seems to like him rather a lot!

I have no problems in the goalkeeping situation, but maybe Marcus needs some regular game time and go out on loan for first team games in the Championship, with a 24hr recall should injuries occur, leaving Jesse Joronen/Marek Rodak to understudy Button.

Twig

All over the place? No.  Should we take him on a perm? Yes.

Riversider

To all the people saying the price won't be as high as £8 million, why ?
He's a Chelsea player and current Czech international , why would he go for less ? Makes no sense to me.

Horsfield_No9

If we could get him for 4m yes but never 8m. Ream seems to always be a lot busier, not saying he's better but just wonder why it's always Ream back their mopping up and under pressure.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Carborundum

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on March 24, 2017, 04:59:44 PM
If we could get him for 4m yes but never 8m. Ream seems to always be a lot busier, not saying he's better but just wonder why it's always Ream back their mopping up and under pressure.
If I were a striker, I'd know which one to stand next to.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on March 24, 2017, 05:39:39 PM
I'd fully expect him to cost £8m

Remember Brighton wanted more than £6m for Dunk, and that was a couple of years ago

Kalas is exactly what we need - someone who can both defend and pass reasonably well. I can't think of another second tier defender who can do both those things, let alone one we could get without getting our pants pulled down

Injuries are a concern but I think we have to accept the only way we'll get someone of Kalas' calibre is if they've got some sort of defect.

If we can't get him, let's be honest the next best option will be a big lump like Dunk, Duffy, Hanley or Danny Baath, or another Tim Ream. I

That pretty much sums it up, unless we can unearth a talent from overseas that none of us have foreseen.

@jolslover

Yes I would definitely have him for 8mill
STH H3

New Kid on the Block

I'd have Kalas in a second, and if he wanted to join us, I think Chelsea would let him go. I'd be surprised if they saw him as a regular starter for them. He may not want to stay here if we don't get promoted, although he has gone on record to say he's happy here. Fingers crossed.

toshes mate

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on March 26, 2017, 07:31:35 AM
I'd have Kalas in a second, and if he wanted to join us, I think Chelsea would let him go. I'd be surprised if they saw him as a regular starter for them. He may not want to stay here if we don't get promoted, although he has gone on record to say he's happy here. Fingers crossed.

That is my feeling and I have my fingers crossed too.  I also believe the valuations on here are too high because (a) true transfer values are hardly ever reported by Fulham and many other clubs, and are always of the sensational side of honest and truthful.  The bigger problem is wage demands.

valdeingruo

Remember Brighton wanted more than £6m for Dunk, and that was a couple of years ago

Kalas is exactly what we need - someone who can both defend and pass reasonably well. I can't think of another second tier defender who can do both those things, let alone one we could get without getting our pants pulled down

Injuries are a concern but I think we have to accept the only way we'll get someone of Kalas' calibre is if they've got some sort of defect.

If we can't get him, let's be honest the next best option will be a big lump like Dunk, Duffy, Hanley or Danny Baath, or another Tim Ream. I

We also have to factor in Chelsea will be looking for central defenders during the summer too. They could see him as the perfect cover for Cahill and Zouma if the later himself doesnt leave.

I think if we cant get Kalas for a reasonable sum, it would be good businees as it would be one less player to have to learn the system.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Riversider

Quote from: andersons11 on March 26, 2017, 08:14:09 PM

We also have to factor in Chelsea will be looking for central defenders during the summer too. They could see him as the perfect cover for Cahill and Zouma if the later himself doesnt leave.

I think if we cant get Kalas for a reasonable sum, it would be good businees as it would be one less player to have to learn the system.

Just my opinion but I don't see him being anywhere near good enough to play for Chelsea and the Champions League.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Riversider on March 27, 2017, 02:21:15 PM
Quote from: andersons11 on March 26, 2017, 08:14:09 PM

Just my opinion but I don't see him being anywhere near good enough to play for Chelsea and the Champions League.

Chelsea may see it the same way, but keep him anyways. Easier to keep a player on the bench than go out and spend a couple million to find a player to do the same to.

Riversider

[/quote]

Chelsea may see it the same way, but keep him anyways. Easier to keep a player on the bench than go out and spend a couple million to find a player to do the same to.
[/quote]

If you think that Chelsea might agree with me , I.e "he's not good enough to play for them in either the Premier League or the Champions League"
Why then would they want him on the bench ?
That makes no sense whatsoever !

toshes mate

Kalas will become good enough to play in PL and CL but he has a lot of maturing, hard work and cutting out of weaknesses to do before he gets there.  As it stands if a replacement for him would cost Chelsea £2m then why would Chelsea expect Fulham to pay more than that for the man himself?

epsomraver

makes me laugh when people say he is all over the place and injury prone, I am sure he doesn't invite a kick in the leg, if he didn't mix it then he wouldn't be injured so much so what do you want? as to being all over the place and the comparisons to Hangeland, Kallas hasn't had a regular centre partner or a consistant back line all season and a suspect GK at times, Brede was partnered with Hughes , one of the best readers of the game we have ever had and he had a world class GK behind him

valdeingruo

Quote from: Riversider on March 28, 2017, 02:03:26 PM

[/quote]

If you think that Chelsea might agree with me , I.e "he's not good enough to play for them in either the Premier League or the Champions League"
Why then would they want him on the bench ?
That makes no sense whatsoever !