watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ream update

Started by HatterDon, March 29, 2017, 01:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

He played the full, tough, physical 90+ for the USA v. Panama [in muggy heat] last night. He started at CB due to other squad injuries, and was paired with one of our biggest disappointments over the last 5 or so years -- Omar Gonzalez.

He was caught out a few times in the first half trying to basically play three positions -- our worse players on the night were our full backs -- but his second half performance was much improved. He probably saved the away draw for us.

I figure there's not a lot left in the tank for him and wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench on Saturday.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

justinfromga

Quote from: HatterDon on March 29, 2017, 01:49:03 PM
He played the full, tough, physical 90+ for the USA v. Panama [in muggy heat] last night. He started at CB due to other squad injuries, and was paired with one of our biggest disappointments over the last 5 or so years -- Omar Gonzalez.

He was caught out a few times in the first half trying to basically play three positions -- our worse players on the night were our full backs -- but his second half performance was much improved. He probably saved the away draw for us.

I figure there's not a lot left in the tank for him and wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench on Saturday.

I'd say it was such a tough night for him because of the absolute calamity in central midfield.  He showed well but hopefully that's his last start for a while.

YankeeJim

Hate to disagree. Ream was at fault for the goal. He should have handled that throw better. Other than that, he was decent. He gave away some size to Panama but managed it fairly well. Our left back, Villafana was solid. Zusi on the right, looked like he was new to the position, which of course he was. When I saw the line up with Gonzales and Ream in the middle I was worried. Turned out to be wrong as Gonzales played as well as I have ever seen him. The real problem was the midfield of Bradley and Jones. These two detract from one another. They always seem to drift backward as if we are playing  a 6-2-2. There was no link between the back four and the attack. All too often Dempsey, Altidore and Pulisic (is this kid a discovery or what?) were attacking against 5-6 defenders with predictable result.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

filham

Oh dear , Ream now faces a journey across the pond and will probably still be  be jet lagged come Saturday.
Looks like Madle will partner Kalas on Saturday but they should be good enough to manage Rotherham.

justinfromga

Quote from: filham on March 29, 2017, 06:10:38 PM
Oh dear , Ream now faces a journey across the pond and will probably still be  be jet lagged come Saturday.
Looks like Madle will partner Kalas on Saturday but they should be good enough to manage Rotherham.

It would be Sig if SJ's rotation holds.

hovewhite

Hope its not sig,dont rate him at all.

Chutney

Quote from: justinfromga on March 29, 2017, 10:35:32 PM
Quote from: filham on March 29, 2017, 06:10:38 PM

It would be Sig if SJ's rotation holds.

Please dear god no.
C O Y W

westcliff white

Love the way everyone is on to Sig's back, when we signe dhim nmost on here were raving about how good he was.

I dont care who plays I have faith i them if SJ does.
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

Play sig and Madi, 3 at the back Rotherham are poor we don't need four back there, could probably get away with just 2

toshes mate

I do love Statto's understatement regarding Ream's 'composure, passing, and a left foot, none of which require energy'.  SJ has clearly believed in the guy as the correct partner for Kalas for most of season since the latter is another player who demonstrates culture and composure as necessary tools to defend well.  From my own perspective I know SJ and his coaching team will select the best eleven starters for the job on Saturday and will not be looking for excuses whatever happens by 5pm that day.

The changes to a player's routine on International Breaks can be just the tonic to relieve tired heads and limbs and find a renewed zest to perform well in a side that still has something very interesting to play for.

Bassey the warrior

Madl should start. He always impresses me. Surprisingly good in the air, strong in the tackle, good positioning and good distribution. If we play Cyriac or Kebano up top he has the ability to pick them out with a precise long range pass.

westcliff white

But the long pass is exactly what we do not do, we play between the lines finding pockets. Very rarely do teams no play a very high line against us.

dannyboi-ffc

Is it wrong that I was more encouraged by the comment "Ream will probably be rested at the weekend" than I was about him having a decent game?

It's a Madl Madl Madl Madl world that Madl doesn't play. I hope he starts Saturday and Tuesday.

Thanks for the update though. It's important he didn't get injured, we can't afford to lose anyone long term now.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: westcliff white on March 30, 2017, 09:53:31 AM
But the long pass is exactly what we do not do, we play between the lines finding pockets. Very rarely do teams no play a very high line against us.

It's good to have that option if needed, to launch a counter attack. Very few teams spend the whole 90 mins camped in their own half as they will try to score.

Besides it's not like he can't pass shorter, he does short passes more often than not.

westcliff white

Quote from: The Moose on March 30, 2017, 01:07:47 PM

It's good to have that option if needed, to launch a counter attack. Very few teams spend the whole 90 mins camped in their own half as they will try to score.

Besides it's not like he can't pass shorter, he does short passes more often than not.
I agree with you was just pointing our nt worth picking him for that alone of that was why he would be picked (if that makes sense). Our longest passes are generally crosses these days, i love the style.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: westcliff white on March 30, 2017, 01:30:02 PM
Quote from: The Moose on March 30, 2017, 01:07:47 PM

I agree with you was just pointing our nt worth picking him for that alone of that was why he would be picked (if that makes sense). Our longest passes are generally crosses these days, i love the style.

Agreed. Love our style.

HatterDon

Quote from: westcliff white on March 30, 2017, 08:55:05 AM
Love the way everyone is on to Sig's back, when we signe dhim nmost on here were raving about how good he was.

I dont care who plays I have faith i them if SJ does.

Yep, Joka's gonna pick the best XI guys who fit his game plan on the day.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on March 30, 2017, 11:29:54 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on March 30, 2017, 09:45:58 AM
I do love Statto's understatement regarding Ream's 'composure, passing, and a left foot, none of which require energy'.  SJ has clearly believed in the guy as the correct partner for Kalas for most of season since the latter is another player who demonstrates culture and composure as necessary tools to defend well.  From my own perspective I know SJ and his coaching team will select the best eleven starters for the job on Saturday and will not be looking for excuses whatever happens by 5pm that day.

The changes to a player's routine on International Breaks can be just the tonic to relieve tired heads and limbs and find a renewed zest to perform well in a side that still has something very interesting to play for.

To clarify I am not having a dig at Ream necessarily. I think he's been quite good this season. Just saying he's not one of those rough and tumble CBs or someone who relies on pace, and those are the players whose performances I expect to be most significantly diminished by fatigue. Look at Fredericks for example, when he gets tired in the second half of games he goes totally AWOL. Anyway I bet Ream starts. Hope so too

I didn't think you were having a dig at Ream, but if it was then it was really cleverly done.

toshes mate

I am still musing over Stefan Johansen's forty yard plus pass to his wide man for Norway.  I sense he may be back to his best if he plays on Saturday.

MikeW

Sorry, I'm struggling with the 'Madl always impresses me' comment.

He hardly ever plays! What's to impress?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."