watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mousa Dembele (the 1st)

Started by filham, April 01, 2017, 11:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The Spurs manager is reported as saying that Mousa Dembele will feature in a book he plans to write in the future on great players alongside the likes of Maradona, Ronaldinho and Okocha.

Also statistics released this week show Dembele to be the best dribbler in the premiership.
What a bargain Spurs had when they took him from us.

Jimmy Hill

I always liked his strength on and off the ball. He would surprise a lot of players with how well he can intercept a player in possession then spring into attack. Great player.

HatterDon

I've heard a few commentators saying he's the best player in the Prem this season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NogoodBoyo

On the rare occasions he lost the ball with us, I remember he would make 3 lightning fast giant strides and a jab of the foot to take it back off the bewildered opponent.  Such a joy to watch.
Nogood "they don't make many like that, see" Boyo

southwest6

I remember when he was about to sign for spuds a friend of mine was asking how good he was; I simply said he has the potential to be the best CM in the prem. I've always rated him highly and those who say he isn't so great most probably don't know how to kick a football themselves..
He's my favourite player to watch; the way he glides past players reminds me a bit of Zidane. Sure he doesn't score many goals but that's not his job as a defensive midfielder. He reads the game incredible well and sure knows how to tackle. I really do believe he is the best P4P centre mid in the prem. Imagine a partnership between him and Modric??

btings

Earnestly happy that he's getting the recognition he deserves. He's world class, we all knew it by the end, and he had the buyout clause so there wasn't much to be done.  Martin Jol!  He did a few things right.

gezkc

He's a fantastic player and I'm really pleased he's getting the success and recognition his talent deserves.
I've never seen a player as comfortable on the ball as him - he's so fluid with the ball at his feet. A joy to watch.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: btings on April 02, 2017, 06:59:06 AM
Earnestly happy that he's getting the recognition he deserves. He's world class, we all knew it by the end, and he had the buyout clause so there wasn't much to be done.  Martin Jol!  He did a few things right.
Nogood "could be wrong in thinking Hughes brought him in, isit" Boyo

jimmyc19

Best player I've ever had the pleasure of watching live. If he scored more goals he would be at Real Madrid. Him and Kante best two midfielders in the Premier League without a doubt.

Carborundum

Loved the way he would push the ball forward just sufficiently that his marker would feel obliged to go for it, but never got it.

He's in the best three I've seen.  Georgi Hagi would be the best.

toshes mate

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 02, 2017, 02:50:56 PM

Yes, one of many reasons I thought Mark Hughes was good at his job.  Loved Dembele when he was here and still loved him playing wherever he was playing.  A really talented footballer who just does everything with such composure and passion to do it well.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 02, 2017, 02:50:56 PM

Yes, but it was Jol who realized he was more of a box to box CM instead of playing him higher up the field as a #10 or winger. Up until then he was a good premier player, but after the move was when he really took off. I think that is probably what was being referenced by btings.

COYW.

bobbo

I agree with all said but what struck me about him was and is his ability from a standing start face to face with an opponent he's like lightening , gone with the ball before they know it, and he says he's still got a soft spot for us.Utter class.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Travers Barney

When the boy played he didn't half play....recall having debates with people who labelled him lazy and having no end product...my goodness me.

That hideous assault by Wilkinson at the Brittania on him riled me more than anything I have seen on a professional football pitch...still can see the smiling apology for a full back laughing down the tunnel at what he'd done.

Best midfield player I have ever seen at Fulham but never saw the Maestro.

coyw
We are the whites