watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

it's all down to us now

Started by HatterDon, April 02, 2017, 02:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

I don't worry about anyone else's results from here on out. We're in a playoff position and it's all about what WE do. There's no real difference between 3rd and 6th, so if we finish in 6th, that's fine with me.

Home and away and Wembley ... and we can guarantee that with just OUR results.

Man, I love this. Come on you Beauties ... COYW!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

colinwhite

bog

Count me is as well Don!

092.gif

toshes mate

Perhaps yesterday will have swept away the anxiety among the team that it was somehow ever out of our hands, HatterDon.  To win a game you have to rely on your opponent losing.  In a season you have to rely on other teams doing worse than you.  There are times when we have failed to show how close to being a top three team we are, and others have been relying on us to do that.  What is always in your hands is to play the best you can no matter what depends upon the outcome.

Forever Fulham

Somebody educate me at to the manner in which the playoffs will be conducted.  I'm just wondering if there is an advantage in finishing 5th instead of 6th.   Will the third place team initially play the 6th place team; and the fourth place team play the 5th place team?   It's all single round elimination, right?  Usually the highest seeded team in a playoff formula  is afforded the privilege of playing the weakest seed, and so on down the line.  So, if we were to finish 5th, would we avoid initially playing the team that ends the regular season in 3rd place on the table?  Wouldn't that be an advantage of some sort?  I guess it really doesn't matter, as we have to play the winner of the other bracket as well.   But so much of it can be of psychological moment to the players.  Win your first game and you're emboldened. 

HatterDon

yes, 6 v 3 and 4 v 5 ... but it's a two way tie ... the winners go to Wembley for what is reported to be the match with the largest financial reward in the world -- should you win of course.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

toshes mate

The teams finishing 3rd and 4th have the perceived advantage of playing the second leg (and potentially decider) of the semi-finals at home.  I suppose we could always try the 5-0 home drubbings we dished out earlier in the season......

Robbie

The Rules:

The four teams finishing directly below the automatic promotion places in each of the three Football League divisions enter the play-offs in a chance to win promotion to the division above. In the Championship and League One these are the teams finishing in third, fourth, fifth and sixth place, while in League Two (with its greater number of teams automatically promoted), it is the teams finishing in fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh place that enter the play-offs.

The highest-finishing team of the four plays the team that finished lowest, with the first leg being held at the home of the team that finished lowest and the second leg being held at the home of the team that finished highest. This is designed to give the team that finished higher an advantage. This is the same for the teams that finished second highest and second lowest, with the advantage being with the team that finished the higher.

The winner of a semi-finals is decided by the tie's aggregate score after the two legs. If the aggregate score is level at the end of the 90 minutes of the second leg, then an additional 30 minutes of extra time is played to try to create a winning team. If the score at the end of extra time is still level then the tie is decided by penalty kicks.[1]

The two winners from the semi-finals meet at a neutral venue in the final. The final must be decided on the day, so extra time and penalties may be carried out if the scores are level.[1] The winner of the tie gains promotion to the league above.

Forever Fulham