more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheffield Wednesday Fan forum- reactions to Fulham

Started by terryr, April 03, 2017, 08:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Six playoff games and a Quarter Final

"Thats what we are we are playing for,the next 6 games are crucial to our season, we need to be 2 points or less behind fulham when we meet in the last game because of they're superior goal difference. We need to match or better they're results if the last game will end up being a quarter final, I still have faith we will go up but we all need to put across positve vibes to get any where, and once we get into the top 6 who knows what will happen, believe and we will achieve"

" Are you serious mate? How is a group of people on the internet going to generate positive vibes and how exactly are we going to put them across. Believe and we will acheive sounds like some kind of empty buzz phrase a David Brent style failing office manager would use.
If we all start praying and meditating I can promise you it will have ZERO effect of what the team do for the next few games."

" fulham don't have the best run in either, can see us jumping each other a few times before we meet"

" US                                                  THEM
rotherham a                                   derby a
newcastle h                                   ipswich h
cardiff h                                         norwich a
qpr a                                             villa h
derby h                                          huddersfield a
ipswich a                                       brentford h
THEM h                                         US a

"
The games are running out.
After each abject performance we make excuses and hope he'll turn it round in the next game.
This has gone on for 6 months with zero indication that things will get better.
If anything we are getting worse week on week. "

" Forget it.
We won't finish in the top 6, no chance."

" The race for the playoffs is still very much wide open imo 
Still plenty of points up for grabs. 
I'll give up on the playoffs when it's mathematically impossible.  "

" We are the most under achieving club in the country, and I don't mean just this season, I mean in our entire history.
Sometimes I think the club don't deserve the fanbase
We must have the most travelling supporters of any club in the country, other than the plastic clubs like Manure, Chelsea, City, and Liverpool
As a local, I doff my cap to the lot of you"

Next 3 games predictions
" Wednesday

Rotherham A    W
Newcastle  H.    L
Cardiff  H           D

Fulham

Derby  A          D
Ipswich  H      W
Norwich  A      L
Would leave things as they are with four to play.

" Us
Rotherham D 1-1
Newcastle L 0-2
Cardiff  L 1-2

Fulham

Derby D 2-2
Ipswich W 3-0
Norwich W1-2

And that will be that

Wednesday
D
L
L

Fulham
L
W
W

" draw at Toytown if we are LUCKY
possible draw with the Geordies at best, Carlos will be up for this one as he will get some SKY Interview time with the extended highlights and he loves all that attention...
Draw with Cardiff at best as Warnocks in charge and he loves us
Our players don't have the urgency, the tactics or the ability at the moment to do much meaningless apart from the odd 10 minutes now and again, now most of them are good players, some even very good, but they are all suddenly not very good at all, why;s that then ?"

" Us

Rotherham - W
Newcastle - W
Cardiff - W

Fulham

Derby - L
Ipswich - W
Norwich -D

Add 1 point for us at QPR, I don't fancy us against Ipswich or Derby though, so we could be on 73 points going into a last day decider v Fulham.

There was an 8 page match thread as Wednesday Fans followed the Fulham -Rotheram game- below is a representative sample

" Praying they can do something... Feel gutted as it is... Would make my day.. "

" 88 mins to go"

" hate to rely on Rotherham but here goes.."

" Not a prayer Toytown will do us a favour today "

" 7 minutes gone..Rotherham still in it"

" 81 mins to go"

" Not going to happen folks. Rotherham are one of the worst ever championship sides.
Having said that they will probably take points off us.
Turning into a nightmare "

" Possession is
30% 70%
Only one shot on target, for Rotherham!"

" Listening to it on Millers Player. Still hope."

" 15 gone... No shots for Fulham. Yet"

" Rotherham have had more dangerous attacks than Fulham according to bet 365"

" 70 mins to go"

" Blow the bloody whistle referee....."

" Fulham have bottled a couple of chances to go ahead of us already so far. Wouldn't be entirely surprised if Rotherham get a point. Norwich and Preston both losing. Never know, it might be a point gained today for us "

" Fulham starting to control it"

" Why am I in this thread and why has it come to this? "

" I should be doing work this afternoon, but instead I'm listening to Rotherham-Fulham praying that the Millers hold out. It's not good."

" God knows how Fulham fans feel missing all these chances to get in 6th... Bet theyd be livid if they don't beat Rotherham. "

"I'd sack the Fulham manager"

" Half time is good - Rotherham can't concede a goal for 15 minutes. 
The ultimate clutching of straws. "

" Rotherham fan for the next 45 minutes then a Leeds fan at half 5, this is what Sheffield Wednesday have reduced me to ."

" 51 mins left"

" Toytown doing pretty well so far."

" Rotherham doing well so far but 2nd half they often buckle in the end.
Any possible Fulham failings shouldn't somehow make our situation all ok though as some seem to link them together.We have a far better squad than them.
They should be battling to make the play offs, with the advantages we've had we should be comfortably in them by now."

" Fulham should of scored..... But they didn't "

" Chris Martin misses sitter from 6 yards for Fulham"

" Rotherham now miss sitter. Gutting"

" As if we're having to rely on flipping toy town. Diabolical ."

" This will be gutting if Fulham score because they've held out so long and to be honest there's nothing in it.... "

" Squeaky bum time"

" Oh dear Fulham scored"

" Noooooooo. :-("

" They were always gonna get at least 1 goal against rovrum I'm afraid "

" All season in the top six and to fall out with six games to go...well maybe Fulham can handle the pressure better than us. "

" Fulham have Derby away on Tuesday"

" Yeah & we've toytown!"

" Good chance we'll beat rotherham and Fulham will struggle to win at Derby which would put us back in 6th... We lose to toytown and they win at Derby... Season would be over and carlos will go on Wednesday is my bet... "

" As long as we are within 3 points of them before the last game of the season, we are in with a shout ."

" Im not saying im over the moon with fulham winning and them going into playoffs but it serves us reyt! It might be a bloody wake up call! How many times do we want to ride our luck? How many times do we have to relay on other teams doing the job for us because were not capable of doing it? We deserve to move out of the playoffs. Apart from about 4/5 games we not been that good at all? Yes weve been getting results but im still not been convinced afrer coming away with a scrappy dull 1-0 win over teams such as rotherham!
If we go up this season I swear I think ill be dreaming!"

" That's that... Season finished in my opinion"

" FT
Fulham have won
Toytown are Relegated "

"Toytown are nailed on to beat us on Tuesday now. That's what happens when you have nothing to lose."

" Rotherham United 0-1 Fulham.

Fulham scorer: (Aluko 66).

Possession: 31-69
Shots on target: 2-2
Shots off target: 4-8
Corners: 5-4
Fouls: 10-14
Yellow cards: 1-1
Red cards: 0-0
Rotherham United: Price, Vaulks, Ajayi, Belaid, Fisher (Purrington 76), Taylor, Smallwood, Frecklington (Forde 79), Newell, Ward, Morris (Yeates 62).
Subs not used: O'Donnell, Bray, Kelly, Wood.
Fulham: Button, Fredericks, Kalas, Madl, Malone (Ream 90+4), McDonald, Johansen, Aluko (Sessegnon 90+2), Cairney, Kebano (Ayite 63), Martin.

Subs not used: Bettinelli, Cyriac, Petsos, Sigurdsson.
Well done Fulham.
Unlucky Rotherham United. "

" I have a feeling Fulham will be 6 points ahead of us by the time we play them"

"What a crap day. Out of the play offs, been a long time coming but feels like crap now it's happened. Performance wise Rotherham will probably play better now they nothing apart from pride to play for. "

I'll work on the view from Derby when I get a chance

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulhamfan666

Ah on second thoughts let's not go to the wednesday forums, it's a silly place.

BestOfBrede

064.gif

"We have a far better squad then them"

064.gif  064.gif

Carborundum

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 03, 2017, 07:05:30 PM
064.gif

"We have a far better squad then them"

064.gif  064.gif
The table doesn't lie, their squad is about as good as ours.  But they have strength in depth that may serve them well in the coming weeks and they have some very good players.  As, of course, do we.

BestOfBrede

Well personally I wouldn't swap with them, Manager down!
And especially Manager as they are a disgrace the way they play! Diving, wasting time etc

I would always prefer to watch our boys, even when under par!

COYSWs
049:gif

TC's Sporran

but they have an army of loyal fans, in fact more fans than anyone else
and surely that's enough to win promotion?

that's what they thought would win the play off final last season
prepare for the tinpot taunts

Burt

I still think it will go down to the wire, last game of the season against them...

It should be interesting to see how them having to chase a top 6 slot and us defend it changes the mental approach the respective teams will take to the remaining matches.