watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Big Match - Derby County Away

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 03, 2017, 12:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Once again, another game is right on top of us, Tuesday night we travel to Derby, hoping to bring back 3pts, and cement ourselves even further in the top 6.

Tough game with little rest after Rotherham, Derby looking to improve under Rowett, no Martin, so how with Jokanovic line up for this tricky fixture?

Would you settle for a draw, or do you feel Fulham need to go for the win, even though we've not been playing well?

Please use this thread to discuss possible team lineups, tactics, and players who you think will make a difference in this game.

COYW  049:gif 

Fulhamfan666

COYW.

Think we'll draw this one. Us and Wednesday will interchange positions for the next few games me thinks.

SuffolkWhite

Really hope we win this one as was at that Derby game in the 80's and never liked them since! Head says Derby will be up for it and come out attacking, which may play in to our hands.

Tough to call this one, anything form the gam would be good even a point!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

As is generally agreed, it is a tough result to call. A draw is no mean feat, but at this stage, a win would certainly cement us in the driving seat.
But if there is any justice in football, after the shenanigans in that match at the Baseball ground in the 80s, what goes round should come round. Let's hope if anyone deserves the rub of the green tomorrow  it's Fulham. Let's also hope they have been practicing their Spot kicks.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HeinekenFFC

Team for me would be: Button, Odoi Kalas Madl Malone, TC McDonald Johansen, Aluko Cyriac Ayite. Subs: Betts, Ream, Sess, Fredericks, Petsos, Kebano, Parker (possibly Piazon if he's fit).

Every game is a must win. No exceptions here. We have to aim to push on for 5th or at least get a 4 point lead over Wednesday by the last game of the season. Derby fans are overconfident because they beat QPR (who are terrible), so similar situation to the Newcastle game. Let's hope Slav learned a lot from when Rowett's Birmingham beat us in September. They'll test our struggles with long ball all game and hoof it up to Ince and Nugent, as that's Rowett's style of play.

We've got to improve as our performances over the last 3 games have been poor. I think we win 2-1. Aluko, Ayite. Ince for Derby. Close, tight game.

MikeW

If we and Derby get to the play off's does that mean Martin could line up against us?  Bit of a farce if he does.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Mitch

I want a win. It's not a must win, but I do feel from here on out you can't pick and choose them, but go hell for leather in every game for three points, otherwise risk losing points in the 'home banker' type games. We've got more than enough to beat Derby on our day.

Mitch

Quote from: MikeW on April 03, 2017, 04:06:42 PM
If we and Derby get to the play off's does that mean Martin could line up against us?  Bit of a farce if he does.

I think it's a yes, but probably a moot point as there's little chance of Derby getting there.

FulhamStu

Quote from: HeinekenFFC on April 03, 2017, 03:34:24 PM
Team for me would be: Button, Odoi Kalas Madl Malone, TC McDonald Johansen, Aluko Cyriac Ayite. Subs: Betts, Ream, Sess, Fredericks, Petsos, Kebano, Parker (possibly Piazon if he's fit).

Every game is a must win. No exceptions here. We have to aim to push on for 5th or at least get a 4 point lead over Wednesday by the last game of the season. Derby fans are overconfident because they beat QPR (who are terrible), so similar situation to the Newcastle game. Let's hope Slav learned a lot from when Rowett's Birmingham beat us in September. They'll test our struggles with long ball all game and hoof it up to Ince and Nugent, as that's Rowett's style of play.

We've got to improve as our performances over the last 3 games have been poor. I think we win 2-1. Aluko, Ayite. Ince for Derby. Close, tight game.
This would be my team and I would definitely take a point.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Mitch on April 03, 2017, 04:46:45 PM
Quote from: MikeW on April 03, 2017, 04:06:42 PM

I think it's a yes, but probably a moot point as there's little chance of Derby getting there.

if we get to the play offs he stays with us, if we have to play Derby then he'd couldn't play

Woolly Mammoth

The pressure is all on Derby, they are at home,  they have to win, nothing less will be good enough. Our away form is as good as anyone in the division. Nevertheless, we have to step it up a couple of gears from last Saturday. As long as we are first to the ball, and each player wins his own battles, and we show resiliance, then another away win is achievable. We are on the last lap before the top six is decided, so it's Roll your sleeves up time, sweat blood and have plenty of fire in their bellies. The players have to bust a gut tonight, each and everyone of them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

I am think the team will be Button, Fred, Kalas, Ream, Malone, McDonald, Johanssen, Cairney, Aluko, Ayite, Kebano, Subs Betts, Madl, Sess, Petsos, Cyriac, Siggurdssen and Odoi
Every day is a Fulham day

twang

I'd go with:
Button
Fredericks - Kalas - Madl - Malone
Cairney - McDonald - Johansen
Aluko - Cyriac - Kebano

Closest to get into the side are Odoi for Fred and Ayité for Kebano. Hopefully Piazon is fit enough for the bench as he can offer the front three something different.

Burt

It's going to be close...

Derby's home record is almost identical to our away record.

They will be up for this as a win will give them a sniff of a playoff spot. I am hoping we will be up for it to show that now we have broken in to the top 6 we mean business.

hovewhite

Quote from: FulhamStu on April 03, 2017, 05:02:29 PM
Quote from: HeinekenFFC on April 03, 2017, 03:34:24 PM

This would be my team and I would definitely take a point.
Likewise plus could be spicy tonight and fredericks can flare up.coyw