watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need Scott Parker back !

Started by Riversider, April 03, 2017, 04:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

These last three games Blackburn, Wolves and Rotherham we've really missed his presence in the squad even if it's only for the last 20 minutes, the Club have been very low key on his injury which isn't always a good sign,
Hope that him and Piazon are both back in the squad sooner rather than later as we've missed them both.

Mitch

Disagree personally. Always feel he disrupts any possession of the ball we do have and the opposition end up with more of the ball and therefore more threat on our goal. Then again, I've never been a fan.

RaySmith

FPT

Although I understand this opinion, it's also somewhat bizarre that we don't let others take responsibility. If Scott Parker decides to hang up his boots at the end of the season, what then? We just meltdown at the end of every game? At what point do we stop relying on a 36 year old whose best days were behind him 5 years ago?

His personality is great to have around the changing room, and I sincerely hope we keep him on to start his coaching career, perhaps a role where he's with the first team on match days and the U23s throughout the week and their games (the two rarely - if at all - play on the same day). In my head, the best case scenario is to bring Ray Lewington to take over from Peter Grant and lead Scott Parker through the first few years of his coaching. We probably have the best and most forward thinking coaching staff in the division and I think Scotty P is the type of guy who will take in every bit like a sponge.

snarks

Scott adds leadership and calmness when necessary, as it was against Blackburn, against Wolves the game had gone so I don't think so, in the run in though his presence could be crucial

MJG

I actually think he's not that great  for us coming on to keep things tight. If anything he's better if we are losing or chasing for the winner.

hovewhite

Quote from: MJG on April 03, 2017, 04:59:55 PM
I actually think he's not that great  for us coming on to keep things tight. If anything he's better if we are losing or chasing for the winner.
Agree hes more suited from the bench driving from midfield it always seems his more natural game,defensively not as good.

Holders

Quote from: hovewhite on April 03, 2017, 05:14:33 PM
Agree hes more suited from the bench driving from midfield it always seems his more natural game,defensively not as good.

Agree, he's shown that this season. One game (can't remember which) I think we were hanging on for a draw and we got the winner largely aided, in my view, by his presence.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

hovewhite

Quote from: Holders on April 03, 2017, 05:50:36 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on April 03, 2017, 05:14:33 PM

Agree, he's shown that this season. One game (can't remember which) I think we were hanging on for a draw and we got the winner largely aided, in my view, by his presence.
I know what you mean as weve had a lot of goals scored last minutes to save loss of pionts.

jeffc4golf

I personally think since paizon has been injured we seem to have struggled

Arthur

Quote from: jeffc4golf on April 03, 2017, 07:19:52 PM
I personally think since paizon has been injured we seem to have struggled

Piazon was indeed playing his best football of the season when he injured himself. All the same, without him, we did beat Preston comprehensively, draw with Leeds and dominate Newcastle in our next three games. I would agree, however, that Piazon's return to fitness is going to be considerably more important (than Parker's return).

toshes mate

I am a confirmed fan of Lucas Piazon too.  He is a very different player to our other 'attackers', both subtle in movement and clever when in possession.  Not a player to immediately catch the eye necessarily but certainly one to place high value upon when you understand what he brings to the table.

As for Scott Parker I hope his back relents sufficiently to give us some options on the bench because I think he does positively influence players simply by being there.  If he plays it is because SJ feels he needs to be out there directing operations.

However, I think our 'poor' performances (which have still provided eight points) are down to anxiety as much as anything else.  The lads want to do well at home and sometimes life just doesn't let you have it that way.  I think we will see a very different, more spirited performance from the lads tomorrow.

nose

piazon is poor imo
i see no purpose to him except as an occasional substitute
i a certain of that
parker on the other hand has done well being used as a late substitute and i too think we have missed his prescence... it was his 'enforcer role' on forsestiri that enabled us t get a point V sheff wed when all seemed lost

Woolly Mammoth

Scott Parker can have an influence on matches, especially the crucial ones.
I wouldn't write him off just yet. His attitude and application and commitment is a lesson to all the other players, and the opposition.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: nose on April 03, 2017, 08:36:51 PM
piazon is poor imo
i a certain of that

And he has still managed to score 6 goals this season (so far).

nose

Quote from: EastEndWhite on April 03, 2017, 10:25:18 PM
piazon is poor imo
i a certain of that

so he managed to score six times and been inefectual and lost possesion needlesly on many occasions.
he is hardly a dynamic game changer, more somebody to throw on as a last role of the dice.

NogoodBoyo

Barrett487

Parker is certainly a useful sub and influence generally. If Sess was coming off the bench  I'd want Scotty in his ear motivating him. As for Scotty himself, he needs to be replacing Stef, or Tom.... not Kmac.

I hope Scotty stays on in a coaching capacity, otherwise the pirouette will be lost forever

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Got agree with that, his best role is not in front of the back four
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MJG

Quote from: nose on April 03, 2017, 11:33:25 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on April 03, 2017, 10:25:18 PM
piazon is poor imo
i a certain of that

so he managed to score six times and been inefectual and lost possesion needlesly on many occasions.
he is hardly a dynamic game changer, more somebody to throw on as a last role of the dice.
I would have agreed before the new year but since then he has found form, works hard and scored and been involved in some good goals. Yes weak in possession sometimes but good control and first touch. Much better than what we have allowed out on loan or sold.