https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You're Shahid Khan or his son

Started by BedsFFC, April 03, 2017, 06:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

We win promotion.

The league offers an option.

Take the cash you would get from a season in premiership and if you can do a deal with a club that has been relegated, it is possible that they stay in the Premiership on Championship money (we also swap tv money) and we stay in the championship but wherever we finish next season, we swap.

I must admit, I find mid table premiership football utterly stale.

I know promotion will bring many benefits, not least a new stand hopefully but from an excitement point of view, I'd genuinely far prefer being a top side in championship.

WhiteJC

I've enjoyed this season far more than many I can remember

e4b

I've enjoyed the football this season as well.If we can continue playing like this in the prem then that will be great.

dannyboi-ffc

Let's be honest, hands up who enjoyed a 'whole' season from the 13 years in the prem more than they enjoyed the year we got there under Tigana? Excluding the Europa year although for some that's still debatable because of the football we played under Tigs.

I like the championship. More games, a good chance of beating everyone. We are allowed to play great football. The prem is a different kind of enjoyment.

Don't know what I'd pick as a fan. The Chairman it's a no brainer though. Even taking away the TV deal, gates are sell outs in the prem, no one can do that when you've got championship opposition at your door.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

aaronmcguigan

You only play in the championship for one reason- to get out of it. This question has come up a few times mainly because we are winning. I'd go for premier league football every day of the week. Look at our style, and the potential big names we could attract as a premier league outfit, all under Slav .

I keep hearing the "excitement of the championship " etc beats the staleness of mid table premier league . But would you seriously swap say 08/09 (7th) for a season like last year or the year before?

We need to as a club, strive to be our very best , and that means building towards premier league football, week in week out. Look at stoke city, mid table , but would they swap that just for excitement. Sures they wouldn't .

BedsFFC

Quote from: Newry FFC on April 03, 2017, 08:08:59 PM
You only play in the championship for one reason- to get out of it. This question has come up a few times mainly because we are winning. I'd go for premier league football every day of the week. Look at our style, and the potential big names we could attract as a premier league outfit, all under Slav .

I keep hearing the "excitement of the championship " etc beats the staleness of mid table premier league . But would you seriously swap say 08/09 (7th) for a season like last year or the year before?

We need to as a club, strive to be our very best , and that means building towards premier league football, week in week out. Look at stoke city, mid table , but would they swap that just for excitement. Sures they wouldn't .

Well, put it this way. I have been to more games every season in the championship than I did in the last 3 in the premiership. And I had  season ticket in the premiership but just found it so boring.

I'm a fulham nut but I also value my time and found sitting for 105 minutes in those last seasons as painful. Didn't enjoy it.

That said, I'll be dancing naked across putney bridge if we win the play offs

nose

we had this thread a few weeks ago but i do not mind repeating. mid table premiership mediocrity is 100+ times superior to the championship
playing the best week in week out as a matter of right with players of a far higher capability is much better. i infinitely prefered the premiership and it also has the chance of europe if successful.

this divison is depressing with two poor seasons seeing us on the brink of league one and obscurity.
the prem is better and spells security of you can manage stability there.

toshes mate

1959 was when I first tasted the sweetness of promotion into the top tier of English football as a full time supporter of Fulham.  I can still feel that optimism just before the first game now; just the fact your team were up there with the best.  We got beat 4-0 at Blackburn first game but then stuffed Man City 5-2 at the Cottage and it all seemed worthwhile.  We won seventeen games that season and didn't lose in another ten.  Not a bad return when compared to this season in the Championship.  And so ask me about promotion and I'd say - if you are good enough then go for it, because you never know when little lady luck is going to smile at you for a whole ten months.  But I think the real trick is making sure that if you are relegated you have the necessary organisation and playing strength to get back on your feet straight away to be in the fight to get back up in the following season.  That way the fans can never be so full of the anxiety and pain we experienced for too long.

Fulham Tup North

Premiership for me Guy's. Yes the Season we went up under Tigana was amazing, but the year Roy kept us up, winning away at Man City, after being 2-0 down. Beating Reading at their place. Then having to go to Pompey last game of the Season to stay up! Magic memories.
Before Tigs, I had never seen Fulham in the top flight. Until we went down, my boy had never known us out of it.  Championship is good fun, but visiting Old Trafford, White Hart Lane,  Stamford Bridge etc is superb. Especially when we win!!  On top of that, you actually get to see us play live, for those who live miles away /  abroad etc.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Newry FFC on April 03, 2017, 08:08:59 PM
That said, I'll be dancing naked across putney bridge if we win the play offs
Thanks for the warning!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

St Eve

I hate the championship. We have to get back to the Premiership. City, Utd, Pool, Chelsea, Arsenal or Rotherham, Barnsley, Burton, Preston, Huddersfield. To finish in the top ten or dare I say it get in the Europa cup was just fantastic

Holders

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 03, 2017, 07:42:16 PM
Let's be honest, hands up who enjoyed a 'whole' season from the 13 years in the prem more than they enjoyed the year we got there under Tigana? Excluding the Europa year although for some that's still debatable because of the football we played under Tigs.

I like the championship. More games, a good chance of beating everyone. We are allowed to play great football. The prem is a different kind of enjoyment.

Don't know what I'd pick as a fan. The Chairman it's a no brainer though. Even taking away the TV deal, gates are sell outs in the prem, no one can do that when you've got championship opposition at your door.

Agree on the football. In the old days, being in Div2 was no bad thing but now, however, there's only one place to be and I want my club to have a seat at the top table however boring it might be.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

westcliff white

I disagree with you a little Danny, barring 1 season and a couple of nerve janglers I really enjoyed the prem. Yes I liked the football under Tigana, but I really enjoyed how we played under Roy, we had a plan and it wasnt a dour one by any stretch. We got to a european final which I never thought I would see, so no I would not swap to go into ther championship. I would take promotion and take my chances. the football we play is on a par with some teams in the prem at times, we may not be top 4 or top 6 but I would love to give it a go.
Every day is a Fulham day