watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lol oh wenger

Started by fulhamben, April 04, 2017, 01:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Is now saying the bad season that they are having, proves what an achievement finishing in the top 4 for the last 20 years has been. He is starting to sound like a man who is going to go against fans wishes and sign a new 2 year contract
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

apparently he already has and they are waiting to announce it
Every day is a Fulham day

JHaynes Paperboy

Personally I think it is a great acheivement.

westcliff white

i have admiration for Wenger, he changed Arsenal when he went there, wona hell of a lot, now team sgave caught up and Arsenal seemingly dont have the same money to spend as some other teams. So making the top 4 is a decent achievement.
Every day is a Fulham day

Burt

I'd be happy with 2 decades worth of top 4 finishes and consistent Champions League football :)

I thought this article was quite amusing:
http://www.socceronsunday.com/article/wenger-signs-new-10-year-deal/

fulhamben

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on April 04, 2017, 01:45:22 PM
I bet you are just like Gaylord Focker with your wall of fame, proudly showing off your seventh place ribbon :005:

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: fulhamben on April 04, 2017, 02:00:23 PM
I bet you are just like Gaylord Focker with your wall of fame, proudly showing off your seventh place ribbon :005:
So you would'nt want Fulham to finish in the top 4 of the Prem. 20 years running?

Lighthouse

Think a club like Arsenal have massively under achieved under Wenger. When you think of the top sides then Arsenal are always mentioned in the top 4. But a few cup wins and Europe qualifying is all they have to show for it. If you lower your ambitions then he has done a great consistent job. But if you are to be thought of in the same vein as Chelsea and Man City and United. It hasn't been great for them. Gates, money, players they have had. Nobody could say they are anything but disappointing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on April 04, 2017, 02:24:59 PM
So you would'nt want Fulham to finish in the top 4 of the Prem. 20 years running?
don't think you can compare us to arsenal. Second biggest stadium, and by far dearest season tickets in the country.

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: fulhamben on April 04, 2017, 02:53:50 PM
Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on April 04, 2017, 02:24:59 PM
don't think you can compare us to arsenal. Second biggest stadium, and by far dearest season tickets in the country.

A stadium bought from the success of Wenger.

HatterDon

I tire so easily of the "but but but we didn't win everything" Arsenal "supporters" who grab all the attention.

I'm reminded of the NFL Buffalo Bills. They lost the Super Bowl game four years in a row [1990-1993] and then fired Marv Levy, their coach. It worked too because in the 24 years since, they've never lost a Super Bowl game. Of course, that's primarily because they never got to the game again.

I wish the same for the front-running gooners if Arsene gets the axe. Me? I love the way they play. It's always a treat to watch them. Of course, I don't care if they win or lose.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: HatterDon on April 04, 2017, 03:13:40 PM
I tire so easily of the "but but but we didn't win everything" Arsenal "supporters" who grab all the attention.

I'm reminded of the NFL Buffalo Bills. They lost the Super Bowl game four years in a row [1990-1993] and then fired Marv Levy, their coach. It worked too because in the 24 years since, they've never lost a Super Bowl game. Of course, that's primarily because they never got to the game again.

I wish the same for the front-running gooners if Arsene gets the axe. Me? I love the way they play. It's always a treat to watch them. Of course, I don't care if they win or lose.

3 Premierships.
6 FA Cups.
5 Community Shields
20 consecutive years in Europe.
I don't know of any FFC supporter who would turn that down.

I used to follow "Washington Redskins " back in the day. John Riggins 44, great player.

toshes mate

I also admire Wenger as a manager and have done so throughout his tenure at Arsenal.  There were times when his teams produced football at its highest quality anywhere and everywhere they played.  I suspect he's already put his finger on the problem his current team has which is because he has too many players who just do not turn up for every game.  And just who do Arsenal believe is better than the man himself?   'No one' is what I guess is the Club's thinking.

fulhamben

Quote from: toshes mate on April 04, 2017, 04:20:40 PM
I also admire Wenger as a manager and have done so throughout his tenure at Arsenal.  There were times when his teams produced football at its highest quality anywhere and everywhere they played.  I suspect he's already put his finger on the problem his current team has which is because he has too many players who just do not turn up for every game.  And just who do Arsenal believe is better than the man himself?   'No one' is what I guess is the Club's thinking.
I agree about wengers old team being one of the best ever. And arsenal have had the same problem for over a decade now, so I don't see how he will all of a sudden fix it. And yes agree he has spent a lot of money on players who do not turn up/ aren't good enough, but then again that's also his fault

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on April 04, 2017, 03:28:06 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 04, 2017, 03:13:40 PM

3 Premierships.
6 FA Cups.
5 Community Shields
20 consecutive years in Europe.
I don't know of any FFC supporter who would turn that down.

I used to follow "Washington Redskins " back in the day. John Riggins 44, great player.

3 premier league's you mean? Didn't know we were in Scotland.....?

Don't agree on this tbh. A team that spends hundreds of millions on transfers and whatnot without having any real success is pretty pathetic tbh. Also given that they have the highest ticket prices of the UK (I think)

Carborundum

Wenger has his limitations.  As do we all.  His revolve around being too soft on poor defending and having a stubborn streak a mile wide.  He sticks with players too long in the hope of being able to say "See - I was right all along".  He isn't.

One of my all time favourite nights at the Cottage was when we beat them 2-1 with a late Zamora winner.  Afterwards he complained of how we had targeted Djourou when he was on a yellow card, ran at him and drew a second yellow.  He simply couldn't see that the real culprit was the manager who thought, with all the resources at his disposal, that Djourou was an adequate option. 

Complacency and entitlement never combine to deliver happy outcomes.  Can't see things getting better for Arsenal any time soon.

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 04, 2017, 02:48:48 PM
Think a club like Arsenal have massively under achieved under Wenger. When you think of the top sides then Arsenal are always mentioned in the top 4. But a few cup wins and Europe qualifying is all they have to show for it. If you lower your ambitions then he has done a great consistent job. But if you are to be thought of in the same vein as Chelsea and Man City and United. It hasn't been great for them. Gates, money, players they have had. Nobody could say they are anything but disappointing.

Totally agree. Nobody wants to be just a bridesmaid each time, it's time that Wenger let some fresh thinking into the club. The noisy neighbours are showing them up these past couple of seasons with more exciting footie and better youngsters coming through the ranks.

As for 'do I wish Fulham had ... top 4 place .. 20 years', bit of a silly question isn't it, and totally hypothetical. We would all wish for that, but we decided to support Fulham FC.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

St Eve

Great achievement and a financially sound club. Difficult to argue with

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Logicalman on April 04, 2017, 06:26:42 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 04, 2017, 02:48:48 PM

Totally agree. Nobody wants to be just a bridesmaid each time, it's time that Wenger let some fresh thinking into the club. The noisy neighbours are showing them up these past couple of seasons with more exciting footie and better youngsters coming through the ranks.

As for 'do I wish Fulham had ... top 4 place .. 20 years', bit of a silly question isn't it, and totally hypothetical. We would all wish for that, but we decided to support Fulham FC.

" I don't know of any FFC supporter who would turn it down" is a statement not a question.