watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

our back 5 are pants

Started by fulhamben, April 04, 2017, 09:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

wouldnt bother me if we lost malone, ream kalas fredericks and button in the summer
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bobby01

:wow: lets throw the goal difference away as well.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

ScalleysDad

you have to question the coaching style, and indeed the standards, as any combination of the five seems to have an issue or two. Button is earning his corn at the moment but it is a sign of troubling times when is MoM material. Having wing backs bombing up the flanks requires a more robust centre back pairing and a suitably flexible, thoughtful and mobile midfield. Any combination of Madl, Kalas, Ream and the disappeared ones have often been left woefully exposed so not always their fault but as you say plenty of room for improvement ................. or replacement.

fulhamben

Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 04, 2017, 09:16:54 PM
you have to question the coaching style, and indeed the standards, as any combination of the five seems to have an issue or two. Button is earning his corn at the moment but it is a sign of troubling times when is MoM material. Having wing backs bombing up the flanks requires a more robust centre back pairing and a suitably flexible, thoughtful and mobile midfield. Any combination of Madl, Kalas, Ream and the disappeared ones have often been left woefully exposed so not always their fault but as you say plenty of room for improvement ................. or replacement.
corn cant be worth very much nowadays if button is earning it

MaidenheadMick

Embarrassing. Button should of hammered the ball into touch for the 3rd goal then rolls the ball straight to Derby player for the 4th. Saying that the back 4 are crap.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on April 04, 2017, 09:17:55 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 04, 2017, 09:16:54 PM
corn cant be worth very much nowadays if button is earning it

The corn we are talking about was on the bottom of Buttons foot, hence the reasons why he miscued the ball.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Malone and Fredericks  have been great for most part this season. Defensively we need two centre halves. As we did last season. As we did in January. Ream and Kalas I never see why one is considered so good while the other is blamed for everything. Our spine is poor and has been for some time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on April 05, 2017, 12:04:49 AM
sorry but i still think kalas is as good a CB as you'll find at this level, and between malone, fredericks, odoi and sessegnon i think we're good at full back on both sides

agree that ream and button aren't good enough but the last thing we need to do is throw the baby out with the bath water, bring in a whole back 5 and have to wait until christmas whilst they all get to know each other and our style

this summer should be about subtle changes IMO, small improvements in quality and depth where necessary but build on what we have rather than wholesale replacement of whole sections of the team
yes I was a little peed off with initial comment. Agree our full back are OK. Koalas isn't ours so possibly need two cb and a goal keeper for next season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on April 04, 2017, 09:05:37 PM
wouldnt bother me if we lost malone, ream kalas fredericks and button in the summer

I agree about losing Button and Ream, they worry me.  Fulham have no real spine, and all successful teams have a strong spine. But I would keep Fredericks, Malone and Kalas if we can do a deal for him with Chelsea. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Bit harsh it seems to me,plus playing balls out to feet from any keeper in this league they would struggle .