watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

the bible

Started by nose, April 04, 2017, 09:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

when the children of Israel were in egypt and pharo wanted to make their lives harder he got them to make bricks for buildings but did not give them straw that was necessary to do it properly, it made the task almost impossible, so he then punished them for not doing the job properly.

fast forward a few thousand years.... kahn the stay away owner gets a great manager and the makings of a great team but fails to supply the necessary tool for us to be able to win games at the end of the season as we become a bit stae and predictable.

the children of israel were save by the lord above sending moses, somehow i do not see tony khan acheiving the same success.

i suspect we will be 8th come the end of the sheff wed game, which i will attend anyway. and not much different next season, the management show not the slightest inclination to learn from avoidable errors or listening to obvious advise. i do not actually believe mr kahn wants us to be pronoted, if he did we would be in the top 4 by now.

YankeeJim

This again?

BedsFFC was right.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FFCFOREVER

I wondered how long it would be until the Khan bashers would come out.Chill man.You wouldnt be saying this if we had won.If it wernt for the Khans then we wouldnt have Joka at all.

Baszab

I am sure that the Khans want us to be promoted - they are just unwilling to invest - thereby proving their idiocy - not sure what bible character that is - Jonah ?

nose

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 04, 2017, 09:56:59 PM
This again?

BedsFFC was right.

well if you mean Beds agrees with me then good.
but yes this again as we get staler and more jaded.
so many recent poor performances are the fault of the board.

i actually support my team and want what is best. That is what I want.
Those that defend the indefensible or try to say things are somehow OK are doing the club no favours.

JoelH5

Quote from: nose on April 04, 2017, 10:05:31 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on April 04, 2017, 09:56:59 PM
This again?

BedsFFC was right.

well if you mean Beds agrees with me then good.
but yes this again as we get staler and more jaded.
so many recent poor performances are the fault of the board.

i actually support my team and want what is best. That is what I want.
Those that defend the indefensible or try to say things are somehow OK are doing the club no favours.

I agree with you. Not just on this game but you can see the players are tired mentally and physically. We just don't have much depth
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Our home form has also not been as good as it could have been.
But tonight confirmed our obvious weaknesses. Jok has some thinking to do before selecting Saturday's defence.
The thing is, I am trying to look at it this way. We could quite easily have drawn our match v Rotherham and taken one point. If we had taken a point tonight, that's two, but we actually have three from both games. So it's not all doom and gloom. But we need to beat Ipswich for starters and go from there. ,
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Toy's R Us are open tomorrow, special sale promotion to some FFC supporters! Not saying who though!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on April 04, 2017, 10:51:54 PM
Toy's R Us are open tomorrow, special sale promotion to some FFC supporters! Not saying who though!!

I will choose the Rocking Horse.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Baszab on April 04, 2017, 10:04:14 PM
I am sure that the Khans want us to be promoted - they are just unwilling to invest - thereby proving their idiocy - not sure what bible character that is - Jonah ?

Pontius Pilate ?

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 04, 2017, 10:53:47 PM

Can I ride it in the Grand National on Saturday.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 05, 2017, 07:01:25 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 04, 2017, 10:53:47 PM

Can I ride it in the Grand National on Saturday.

Yes of course, providing you bring a nose bag and a shovel.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Another rattling good bible story ends with someone, since claimed to be special, saying 'You of little faith.  Why are you so afraid?'  He then goes outside and quietens things down.

The Club has made mistakes in the transfer windows and we fans have made it pretty clear there is divided opinion about how successful those windows were.  Let's wait until the end of the season before bearing down with judgment because no one outside the playing staff as they are can change things.  Many teams go up and down during a run-in, and many cheering fans one night have come to see tears pretty soon after.   

Last night we were better in midfield and up front but had a certain desire for suicide rather than defending as if lives depended upon it.  You cannot take points for granted when playing at a place like Derby because our whole darned history tells us that and we got punished for not being decisive enough at the back. These things happen, but it is never the end of the world unless you choose to make it seem that way.   The team can still make it to the play offs and we are Fulham so don't expect the ride to be anything less than gut wrenching.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: nose on April 04, 2017, 09:47:32 PM
when the children of Israel were in egypt and pharo wanted to make their lives harder he got them to make bricks for buildings but did not give them straw that was necessary to do it properly, it made the task almost impossible, so he then punished them for not doing the job properly.

fast forward a few thousand years.... kahn the stay away owner gets a great manager and the makings of a great team but fails to supply the necessary tool for us to be able to win games at the end of the season as we become a bit stae and predictable.

the children of israel were save by the lord above sending moses, somehow i do not see tony khan acheiving the same success.

i suspect we will be 8th come the end of the sheff wed game, which i will attend anyway. and not much different next season, the management show not the slightest inclination to learn from avoidable errors or listening to obvious advise. i do not actually believe mr kahn wants us to be pronoted, if he did we would be in the top 4 by now.

Khan is not the messiah , he's a very naughty boy.

toshes mate

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on April 05, 2017, 08:25:11 AM
Quote from: nose on April 04, 2017, 09:47:32 PM

Khan is not the messiah , he's a very naughty boy.

To which the very naughty boy replies 'I am not the Messiah'.  Kline responds with 'Only the Messiah denies his divinity.' and the rest is..... history?

nose

Quote from: toshes mate on April 05, 2017, 08:16:10 AM
Another rattling good bible story ends with someone, since claimed to be special, saying 'You of little faith.  Why are you so afraid?'  He then goes outside and quietens things down.

The Club has made mistakes in the transfer windows and we fans have made it pretty clear there is divided opinion about how successful those windows were.  Let's wait until the end of the season before bearing down with judgment because no one outside the playing staff as they are can change things.  Many teams go up and down during a run-in, and many cheering fans one night have come to see tears pretty soon after.   

Last night we were better in midfield and up front but had a certain desire for suicide rather than defending as if lives depended upon it.  You cannot take points for granted when playing at a place like Derby because our whole darned history tells us that and we got punished for not being decisive enough at the back. These things happen, but it is never the end of the world unless you choose to make it seem that way.   The team can still make it to the play offs and we are Fulham so don't expect the ride to be anything less than gut wrenching.

It ain't over till it's over but as I said before and since 1st Feb, this has 1983 written all over it. We were doing so well, it is so frustrating and unecessary. If the owner would have properly invested (not vast sums just a bit more freshening up) and it all went wrong, then that would be unfortunate. To sit and his hands when it was overwhelmingly obvious we needed reinforcements, that was/is unforgivable for a man that speaks so nicely about his ambition for the club. Either he doesn't want to cough up what for him would be the few pounds necessary to attempt to win the big prize where he would be repaid in full in short order OR the  advice he is being given is awful, but that has been the situation since he took control.

Personally however it pans out this is a season of underachievement because for twopence hapeny we are struggling when we should be comfortably top four. The last two seasons are a total irrelevance to what is happening now.