watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The real worry..

Started by JoelH5, April 04, 2017, 10:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

The real worry is not the result tonight but the fact we've been woefull the last 4 games.

If we were playing well and we slipped up tonight I wouldn't be too bothered. I'd be confident we would beat Ipswich and Newcastle would beat Sheffield Wednesday and then we'd be back in it.

The problem is we are in a terrible run of form and unless something drastic changes soon we don't stand a chance
I was there, standing in the Putney end

westcliff white

Yep we have been poor, but on the upside we are still Bly 2 points off the playoffs, so still in there fighting.

Let's face it most of us would have taken this positiona the  start of the season.
Every day is a Fulham day

andyk

The players look as if they have shot their bolt.

Can't see them turning it around. I will be happy to be proved wrong, but I think we will finish 9th or 10th.

ffc73

We played better tonight than we have done since Newcastle

Aluko & Ayite anticipate the Fred cross & move for a tap in
Ayite scores the sitter he missed
Button does not mess up. Twice

I am more confident that we can take this to the wire after tonight than I was on Saturday when we got a lucky win. Not saying we will make playoffs but we were better tonight. Problem is cannot see us keeping a clean sheet

The Road Less Travelled

Derby fans seem to think we were the better team tonight, just with defensive mistakes that they didn't make.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC73 on April 04, 2017, 10:30:11 PM

I am more confident that we can take this to the wire after tonight than I was on Saturday when we got a lucky win. Not saying we will make playoffs but we were better tonight. Problem is cannot see us keeping a clean sheet
problem with that is that we regularly miss sitters and make mistakes at the back. This wasn't a one off
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ffc73

Derby fans are right

And so too are you FulhamBen

Lighthouse

The point is we are close  but not there. Had we improved by just a few players in the right area then we could have had a better chance. But we didn't for whatever reasons. Each time we make the same mistakes. We don't score when we have the advantage we make stupid mistakes at the back. Having seen two of the goals we conceded. It really is just farcical this far down the line. But as others have said. Just two points behind.

As good as we were before the last four games. We need to recapture that form. Back to my feelings of if only they hadn't given us the hope.We would be far better off.   :dead horse:

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobbo

And , I don't think we were woefull second half at rotherham we played a lot of nice football , but of course only the one goal
1975 just leaving home full of hope

AlexW132

Another real worry is that Preston are now 3 points behind us, and Ipswich have just won their last game

AlexW132

Quote from: Statto on April 04, 2017, 11:28:34 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on April 04, 2017, 10:49:25 PM
Another real worry is that Preston are now 3 points behind us, and Ipswich have just won their last game

you mean we might finish 8th or 9th instead of 7th? not interested. if we don't finish in the top 6 then it makes no difference whether we're 7th or 12th to me, not fussed about the chasing pack at all
I'm just saying we might have another contender for 6th place

Jims Dentist

Quote from: andyk on April 04, 2017, 10:23:11 PM
The players look as if they have shot their bolt.

Can't see them turning it around. I will be happy to be proved wrong, but I think we will finish 9th or 10th.
Agree.

NogoodBoyo

You're all so right.  And you're all so wrong. 
This club has never stopped surprising us this season so that we are all rather clueless when it comes to reckoning where we're going to end up.  And the great news is that there's nothing we can do about it except moan or gloat - whichever is your preference.
Nogood "to metaphorsimise, let the cards fall where they may and enjoy the ride as it is, isit" Boyo

hovewhite

To be honest i have not worried this season at all we are so much in a better place than the last 3 seasons,go up this season i dont worry about it,watching fulham at the cottage and winning more than we lose is a joy!

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: hovewhite on April 06, 2017, 06:27:13 PM
To be honest i have not worried this season at all we are so much in a better place than the last 3 seasons,go up this season i dont worry about it,watching fulham at the cottage and winning more than we lose is a joy!

Agreed completely

nose

i want to get promotion as soon as possible, it should and could have been this season we have been brilliant at times and the style is amazing. we are just short of a couple of players. this is a genuinely frustrating missed opportunity.

I know we may yet scrape in, but really we should be miles clear by now, the rest of the division to not have our sophisticated style of play!

YoungsBitter

Quote from: FFC73 on April 04, 2017, 10:30:11 PM
...... Problem is cannot see us keeping a clean sheet
Having watched it in full the defending is the real worry. We do seem to be able to score for fun even with Aluko who misses more than he scores and Martin who looks half the player Nugent is. If you look at the Wolves, Blackburn and this one Button, Fredericks and Ream are all woeful. The most embarrassing goal was actually their second with the corner that we lost not one but two standing headers before Nugent got to act as if he is Ronaldo - he really is an annoying c9nt. After Madl's game against Rotherham I think dropping him for Ream was a mistake and Piazon straight in after a long lay off was a gamble that backfired.

I also think that yet again Slava and his staff got the subs wrong. I love the style we play and this season has been a real joy at times but there have been occasions when he gets out coached and Rowett has now done it twice, Lambert did it last week.
Yes, he only has a small squad and a smaller group within that he trusts/favors but when someone so obviously has our number to keep going through the same motions is frustrating. Both games we should probably have shifted to 3-5-2 as we are so easy to overload down the flanks when Fredericks and Malone are caught out further forward. Thats the only way we might keep a clean sheet going forward.

Anyway, if we pick ourselves up and thump Ipswich and the Toon turn over Wednesday the journey continues!
Quark, strangeness and charm

filham

We were all on a high after the Newcastle game but the  form in the next four games,  Blackburn , Wolves, Rotherham and Derby has looked so poor that we are left wondering how now we can look forward to anything better than the odd lucky draw.
A couple off early goals tomorrow may help us on our way but in all honesty it seems more probable that an early mistake will leave us chasing the game again, remember with our dodgy defence we seem to need three goals to get the 3 points.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: hovewhite on April 06, 2017, 06:27:13 PM

+One
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !