watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our captain

Started by AlexW132, April 04, 2017, 11:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

If anyone would like to know how TC is feeling right now feel free to look at his Instagram story.
Safe to say if this is his attitude toward our performance then I'm downright disgusted

J.Perkins

He meant to give up on life because of 1 bad result, which was down to Button cocking up.

sunburywhite

I know if I was a professional footballer I would have the hump if we lost the toss let alone anything else

As much as I like TC if they dont feel the pain they should not wear the shirt
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

AlexW132

Quote from: Statto on April 04, 2017, 11:27:04 PM
on the Parker thread the other day someone pointed out that he's never with the lads in their social media posts, and i thought that was interesting because it's true but i hadn't noticed it until they pointed out.

but you look at things like this and you realise why. it is because he has a completely different character and mentality and that happens to be exactly the type of character and mentality the first XI is missing at the moment.

For passing, style, flair and pace we're probably one of the top two or three teams in the league but for willpower, concentration, fight, maturity and mental strength we're surely nigh on the worst
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Cairney. However for the captain of our team to be fooling about on social media right after what is a huge blow to our season is bit of a kick in the teeth for the fans.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: AlexW132 on April 04, 2017, 11:30:04 PM
on the Parker thread the other day someone pointed out that he's never with the lads in their social media posts, and i thought that was interesting because it's true but i hadn't noticed it until they pointed out.

but you look at things like this and you realise why. it is because he has a completely different character and mentality and that happens to be exactly the type of character and mentality the first XI is missing at the moment.

For passing, style, flair and pace we're probably one of the top two or three teams in the league but for willpower, concentration, fight, maturity and mental strength we're surely nigh on the worst
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Cairney. However for the captain of our team to be fooling about on social media right after what is a huge blow to our season is bit of a kick in the teeth for the fans.

I agree 100% with both your posts Statto and AlexW123
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Footballers are mercenaries on a whole , and after people on here were revealing how old they were on the music number one thread, you have to remember that most of your idols are just uneducated kids, with very little long term commitment to the club or us fans. Another reason why I have no issue betting against them every now and then. What happened to that thread anyway ?

Twig

Agree with both of you wholeheartedly.

Woolly Mammoth

As for the business with Tom Cairney he is a quality player. But as Captain, firstly I don't rate him as a natural leader or ideal as Captain anyway, surely out of the starters there has to be at least one other that is suitable, or have Fulham signed a herd of sheep, didn't their prize stat man Kline sort out out a Captain or did the computer say no. 
Or are the Khans not aware that clubs generally send their scouts to watch potential targets at away games to see how players handle, react and perform character wise in hostile away atmospheres when they could be under a lot more pressure to produce when things are not going well and there own players around them are hiding, and standing next to an opponent as if to say don't pass to me I don't want the ball I am being marked too closely.
Some Away matches can be character building, Fulham's record in away match this season is excellent, and signifies they are doing something right. 

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

I couldn't care less. He's been amazing for us this season and has more than pulled his weight. He likes our club but he's not a childhood fan. What he does in his own time is his business, as long as it doesn't affect his performance on the pitch.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 04, 2017, 11:35:36 PM

I agree 100% with both your posts Statto and AlexW123
Agree again 100%
I didnt listen or watch the game,but i am sure it happened this way,derby pressed on our defence from the first second till the final whistle not allowing our back 5 the time to sneeze and making panic decisions from button which spread through the spineless spine of our team,yes we played our smooth football,trouble is managers like rowett have slavs teams worked out.
We need a plan b SJ for games like this which i said on a thread on this MB earlier this week that this would be our hardest game.

Mitch

Just saw this myself whilst taking five minutes to try and wake myself up after fun on the M1 last night. Definitely not what you want to see, and actually seemed a bit out of character for him. He's usually on the fans wave length.

Fulham1959

Maybe I'm thick but I have no idea of what that indistinct picture is all about, e.g. WHO is it and what's it all about ?

nose

Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 05, 2017, 10:54:24 AM
Maybe I'm thick but I have no idea of what that indistinct picture is all about, e.g. WHO is it and what's it all about ?

glad you said that, I am no wiser either as to what is being said and by whom!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on April 05, 2017, 11:33:20 AM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 05, 2017, 10:54:24 AM

glad you said that, I am no wiser either as to what is being said and by whom!

I agree, and that makes 103 of us altogether in total so far that are in the same boat.

Never forget your Roots.

jimmyc19

Give the lad a break. He's been our best player all season, led from the front, and you can clearly see how much it means to him when he's on the pitch. He looked gutted last night and was constantly trying to lift the back four. Maybe it wasn't the best timing to post that but to question either Cairney's performances or his loyalty is absolute madness IMO. He will no doubt be our best player come Saturday again.

fulhamben

Quote from: jimmyc19 on April 05, 2017, 11:43:42 AM
Give the lad a break. He's been our best player all season, led from the front, and you can clearly see how much it means to him when he's on the pitch. He looked gutted last night and was constantly trying to lift the back four. Maybe it wasn't the best timing to post that but to question either Cairney's performances or his loyalty is absolute madness IMO. He will no doubt be our best player come Saturday again.
no no no, we need to get back to what we were doing in the last 3 seasons under parkers stewardship. It was working so well for us, his character and mentality turned us into an unstoppable force, which is the complete opposite to the shambles we have become under cairney
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

toshes mate

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on April 05, 2017, 02:55:31 AM
Footballers are mercenaries on a whole

You are right, although we sometimes use the word professional as less disparaging, and I do believe that once the final whistle blows there is an acceptance of the outcome, no matter what feelings are going on mentally.   For fans we feel much more let down because we feel powerless to change anything no matter how hard we shout, encourage, or build players up, during the game and in between times too.  For the footballer it is how to while away the hours before travelling home.  TC has played the game, witnessed the changing room after match, has his own thoughts which he'll save for postmortem, and does something probably without even thinking too much about anything.  Is it significant?  Only if you want to make it so.