watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Top 6? You're having an absolute chuckle

Started by Wearethewhites, April 05, 2017, 12:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Maybe Slav is at fault here for getting everyone's hopes up, he seems to have overachieved with a bunch of players thrown together at the beginning of the season, that realistically, including myself, thought would only finish around mid-table. Give it another season, and with another 3-4 good additions, and I really think we could be a good outfit.

However, we now seem to be hovering just around the playoffs, but our inexperience, lack of depth, quality, bottle, and even nerve, seems to be coming back and biting us in the ass.

I love everyone's enthusiasm, about how we can still make the playoffs, but, lets also be honest with ourselves, and accept how utterly poor we've been over the last 4 games. Since Newcastle, we went all out, and seem to have blown our chuff, leaving very little in the tank.

I don't care how much Slav has tried to defend his players tonight, with quotes of 'young wine' they were an absolute disgrace, and I've not seen defending like that since the late 80's early 90's. Think a Derby fan summed us up perfectly by saying Fulham attack like Barcelona, and defended like Barnet. Personally, I think that's an insult to Barnet.

Anyway, that's me done for the summer, I'm packing my case, and are going to take my holidays early this year. With Fulham, you just tend to know sometimes, and I know, this bunch, ain't good enough for that top 6. Their hunger, their desire, their passion, their confidence and winning mentality isn't there.

With a tough home game against a physical Mick McCarthy Ipswich coming up, I'd say we'll get 1pt at the best, nothing away to Norwich, nothing at home to a Villa side that's won 7 on the bounce, not a lot away to Huddersfield, possibly a draw at home to Brentford, and certainly nothing away to Sheffield Wednesday who will want it more than us.

When I return, I will hopefully find out that Slav has stopped this love affair with Tim Ream, as realises that he & David Button are nothing than average Championship players, and that Kalas is worth no where near the 8.5 - 9M that people keep quoting.

Happy Holidays yol' 

Woolly Mammoth

I agree more or less with most of what you say, and I certainly wouldn't put any money on Fulham getting to the play offs. The thing is human nature being what it is, we live in hope, because it's still mathematically possible, but maybe not so realistic.
We are so near, and it is still in our hands, but only just. Our opponents in our last 6 matches all look tough, but that's the challenge. We can measure ourselves against them at least, and we are in 7th place because we can beat any team on the day. and we have.
But lack of real investment and support for the Manager by the club, as well as poor judgement on two or three signings, not forgetting the Chris Martin debacle, as well as having a thin squad has undermined our efforts to secure a top six place, even though Reading, Huddersfield, Wednesday and Leeds seemed to have achieved it.
But maybe that's because they have more winners, leaders, warriors, characters, fighters and captains in their set ups.
But nevertheless, I shan't go on holiday until our season is over.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

Let's be honest, the only reason we are anywhere near the playoffs is because of Wednesday's bad form. If they had been on form, we would be nowhere near 6th.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: AlexW132 on April 05, 2017, 07:02:41 AM
Let's be honest, the only reason we are anywhere near the playoffs is because of Wednesday's bad form. If they had been on form, we would be nowhere near 6th.

You have just burst my bubble.

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 05, 2017, 07:16:09 AM

Sorry! But it's true

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: AlexW132 on April 05, 2017, 07:17:57 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 05, 2017, 07:16:09 AM

Sorry! But it's true

I feel I need to have a lie down and absorb what's happened over the last 12 hours.

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

I'm still optimistic that we can make the play offs despite our downturn in results. What a Jekyll and hide character ream is plays so well one week and so poorly the next --- we really can't afford that kind of inconsistency if we're to progress. Button too, he's been a disaster waiting to happen despite his amazing shot stopping at times,last night showed him up for sure,maybe bets gets a look in on Saturday. We've been overachieving and now a bit of reality hurts, but hey even Real Madrid lose now an then. Let's do Ipswich in style Saturday COYW.  :clap_hands:
1975 just leaving home full of hope

westcliff white

And the only reason we were not further in the top 6 was due to our bad performances, Blackburn, wo.ves and a few games where we had the chance before that.

So a mixture of both, we could have been in the playoffs by 5 points before last nights games.
Every day is a Fulham day

toshes mate

I suppose a side that beats the run-away league leaders on their own patch comprehensively set themselves up for a lot of manure throwing when football's fickleness exposes the other side of the argument.   My own view is that the side lacks consistency for three reasons.  We need better defenders, better midfielders, and better attackers, not necessarily to replace what we already have, but to strengthen our squad depth, something that may have helped when tired legs and tired minds just need a break and a freshen up.  When we play well we play really well; when we play badly we are awful.

Jims Dentist

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 05, 2017, 12:06:04 AM
Maybe Slav is at fault here for getting everyone's hopes up, he seems to have overachieved with a bunch of players thrown together at the beginning of the season, that realistically, including myself, thought would only finish around mid-table. Give it another season, and with another 3-4 good additions, and I really think we could be a good outfit.

However, we now seem to be hovering just around the playoffs, but our inexperience, lack of depth, quality, bottle, and even nerve, seems to be coming back and biting us in the ass.

I love everyone's enthusiasm, about how we can still make the playoffs, but, lets also be honest with ourselves, and accept how utterly poor we've been over the last 4 games. Since Newcastle, we went all out, and seem to have blown our chuff, leaving very little in the tank.

I don't care how much Slav has tried to defend his players tonight, with quotes of 'young wine' they were an absolute disgrace, and I've not seen defending like that since the late 80's early 90's. Think a Derby fan summed us up perfectly by saying Fulham attack like Barcelona, and defended like Barnet. Personally, I think that's an insult to Barnet.

Anyway, that's me done for the summer, I'm packing my case, and are going to take my holidays early this year. With Fulham, you just tend to know sometimes, and I know, this bunch, ain't good enough for that top 6. Their hunger, their desire, their passion, their confidence and winning mentality isn't there.

With a tough home game against a physical Mick McCarthy Ipswich coming up, I'd say we'll get 1pt at the best, nothing away to Norwich, nothing at home to a Villa side that's won 7 on the bounce, not a lot away to Huddersfield, possibly a draw at home to Brentford, and certainly nothing away to Sheffield Wednesday who will want it more than us.

When I return, I will hopefully find out that Slav has stopped this love affair with Tim Ream, as realises that he & David Button are nothing than average Championship players, and that Kalas is worth no where near the 8.5 - 9M that people keep quoting.

Happy Holidays yol' 

Or perhaps Steve Bruce will be here?
Hava a nice long holiday. :008:

Dodger53

Well summed up by most of the contributors. Fredericks turned his back on a soft cross for Derbys 2nd, Ream and Button both at fault for 3rd and 4th. BBC Derby commentary in effect agreed with the Barca / Barnet comment - absolutly loved our quick attacking style, chuckled at our defending.

Dodger53

PS - But I still hope and I am certainly not off on hols yet. COYWs lets show the Tractor Boys what we can do!

Burt

Well there are always a couple of teams in the top 6 who have a wobble and enable others to get in the mix so that is not unusual.

The disappointment has been the poor form since the win at St James's, just when you thought the momentum was there and would continue at the most important part of the season it goes and does a runner.

Win on Saturday and I reckon it will go down to the match at Hillsborough and we'll be in with a good shout. Lose and I think we've bottled it and can look forward to another season in the Championship.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 05, 2017, 12:06:04 AM
Anyway, that's me done for the summer, I'm packing my case, and are going to take my holidays early this year. Happy Holidays yol' 

Don't pack yet, you might well miss a day trip to Wembley!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

jeremyfulham