watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Defensive errors

Started by The Swan, April 05, 2017, 10:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

How many more times will our manager blame defensive errors for our defeats.
I know that he is a good manager but he must be able to coach his players to defend better.
Time and again he has made the same statement about bad defending .Not only last night but against Wolves and Blackburn our defending was awful at times. If we keep making the same mistakes then he must change the players or the system.
We still have an outside chance of reaching the playoffs but we must be tighter at the back.
The Swan

OdecaMynoT

Like a Sunday morning match at your local park.

Defence? What defence.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: The Swan on April 05, 2017, 10:13:53 AM
How many more times will our manager blame defensive errors for our defeats.
I know that he is a good manager but he must be able to coach his players to defend better.
Time and again he has made the same statement about bad defending .Not only last night but against Wolves and Blackburn our defending was awful at times. If we keep making the same mistakes then he must change the players or the system.
We still have an outside chance of reaching the playoffs but we must be tighter at the back.

The problems are that few alternatives as defenders that he or we appear happy with and there does not seem to be anything obviously wrong with the system.

Last night's goals against were due to general sloppiness in defending, inability of the side to deal with high balls from the corner, failure of Ream and Button to put the ball in row Z and another moment of insanity from Button in throwing the ball out to no one in particular in a crowded area. It could easily have been 2-2 with some just competent defending or something even better.