watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

a single game

Started by nose, April 05, 2017, 01:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Whatever the intentions the outcome was a big fat c0ck up.

filham

I am lost for an answer to explain our loss of form in the last four games.
We won at Newcastle, a magnificent performance and we were all singing the  the praises of the team , the next four games all looked winnable, our midfield of McDonald, Johansen and Cairney  looked particularly good and while we had a problem up top we were managing to get goals.
It looked as if we were set for a play off place.
So, what is the problem:-

1. We are tired and have not rotated our players sufficiently.
Nonsense, I bet our players have played no more than others in the league, if we had three more midfield players on our books no manager would have considered leaving out Cairney, McDonald or Johansen, they were the main reason for our success.

2. Our squad is too small. I suspect it is not that much smaller than most Championship teams and we have had very few injuries so a large squad would not have really been needed.

3. We are not playing the right type of football to bother Championship teams. There could be something in this and it is possible our slow complicated type of football has been studied by all managers and they are now taking advantages of the inherent weaknesses in the system. We have no plan "B" and are playing into the hands of many managers who know exactly what to expect from us.

Jocanovic needs to change the act in some respect before Saturday, more of the same is likely to result in another poor showing.