watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

a single game

Started by nose, April 05, 2017, 01:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

a single game, good or bad has to be taken as an isolated thing. i can cope with a poor performance/result, it happens to everyone.

IMO however the thing that has to be considered when posting is what trend we are witnessing. are we improving, getting worse, stagnating etc.

the problem with yesterday was that it was a poor result after a run of sub standard performances and results. even against rotherham our result was lucky. many said it is the sign of a good team to win when playing bad football. actually it is the sign of a good team to perform well most of the time in an effort to win more games. and to a large extent this season that is what we have done but unfortunately we have failed to gain 43 points too often when we were obviously superior.  And because of that it was clear the squad was lacking. it was lacking anyway because joca clearly doesn't rate the fringe players.

The reaction to last night ws not over the top or hysterical, it was a release of frustration at the fact we are faltering when we could and should have been flying and by now be well out of site of rivals for the play off positions.

what worries me now is next season. Whethjer we go into the play offs or not, whether we are in this division or not I have so little faith our leadership will seriously do what needs to be done. Or in words of one syllable.
If we fail this time, we must aim for top two next time, whatever it takes!
OR
If we go up we will need massive investment or just plummet back down.
I do not believe that either of those things are likely to happen.

One match does not formulate an opinion, but a run of games, with an obvious trend does. I love Joca and he is the one ray of hope because he clearly knows what he is doing even if i do not always agree with his selections. that is day to day stuff. 

hovewhite

We need 3 CHs at least 2 strikers 2 midfielders and i think to get out of the championship as i dont see us going up this season.

nose

Quote from: hovewhite on April 05, 2017, 01:17:35 PM
We need 3 CHs at least 2 strikers 2 midfielders and i think to get out of the championship as i dont see us going up this season.

if we make the play offs, and that is a big i. I really think we  can. It's just i do not honestly think it is likely we will make it. the blackburn and wolves results plus failing to beat leeds and brighton despite massively outplaying them PLUS is it 9 missed penalties, will all come to haunt us come judgement day.

but if we do manage to get there, then we are a match and better than the other three. and the plays will give the necessary Adrenalin rush to re-charge the batteries.

HatterDon

The match is less than 24 hours old and this is the fourth -- or is it fifth -- thread saying the same thing.

We understand what you're saying, man. Give it a rest.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JoelH5

Quote from: HatterDon on April 05, 2017, 02:05:22 PM
The match is less than 24 hours old and this is the fourth -- or is it fifth -- thread saying the same thing.

Voicing your opinion...
"Give it a rest"  cried the benevolent dictator!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

toshes mate

Just because nose feels he has something to say doesn't mean he forced you to read it.  He is laying the blame for this poor run at the feet of those responsible for running the Club and I, for one, agree with him.   I hope the Club does not foul up the next transfer window regardless of how this season pans out. 

The Old Count

To be honest I never thought we would make the playoffs. I didn't, like Nose and others, think we had the squad depth to last us through to the end of the season.   The thing is I don't believe it is incompetance from the owners and management or anything more sinister for that matter.  It's a more to do with how many player changes one can make in a season in terms of fitting in to style of play etc.
There have been so many changes this season.  There is a limit to how many more could be realistically accommodated.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Old Count on April 05, 2017, 03:55:34 PM
To be honest I never thought we would make the playoffs. I didn't, like Nose and others, think we had the squad depth to last us through to the end of the season.   The thing is I don't believe it is incompetance from the owners and management or anything more sinister for that matter.  It's a more to do with how many player changes one can make in a season in terms of fitting in to style of play etc.
There have been so many changes this season.  There is a limit to how many more could be realistically accommodated.

By January it was realised what was needed - not a deluge of incoming players but at least a striker to cover our want away and only striker.  We were promised it was covered.  That promise was never fulfilled and it still hasn't been explained as to why it wasn't fulfilled.   If it wasn't incompetence then an explanation would suffice.  Khan Jr has said it went as planned and so, in other words, he either hadn't been listening or he didn't do something he knew he had to do.  Either way it is incompetence.

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on April 05, 2017, 04:03:45 PM

By January it was realised what was needed - not a deluge of incoming players but at least a striker to cover our want away and only striker.  We were promised it was covered.  That promise was never fulfilled and it still hasn't been explained as to why it wasn't fulfilled.   If it wasn't incompetence then an explanation would suffice.  Khan Jr has said it went as planned and so, in other words, he either hadn't been listening or he didn't do something he knew he had to do.  Either way it is incompetence.
From the club pov we signed a striker and a defensive midfielder in January. Now were they the rights ones thats the debate.

nose

whilst i do not agree, I do understand your logic.
My point is we are so very close to being the finished article, I think we have proved it can be done, and there are many examples but in the end we shall see how it pans out.

nose

as he says sort of says in Blackadder, the number of posts represents the amount of my outrage/frustration/disapointment at what has happened and is happening against what might have been.

I also fall into a category of person that thinks I want what is best for the club ad when we fail for entirely aoidable reasons, it is best to speak up, and continue to do so until it is put right.

If WE say nothing the club will think we are OK with mismanaging n a wholesale basis.

And by the way, there are a few posters that regularly say black when I say white, I never tell them to give it a rest, I just argue my case.

Black and White Town

Quote from: nose on April 05, 2017, 01:11:11 PMOr in words of one syllable.

"whatever" is 3 syllables.
:54:

nose

Quote from: Black and White Town on April 05, 2017, 04:42:11 PM
Quote from: nose on April 05, 2017, 01:11:11 PMOr in words of one syllable.

"whatever" is 3 syllables.
:54:

:-)))

HatterDon

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 05, 2017, 03:36:18 PM

Voicing your opinion...
"Give it a rest"  cried the benevolent dictator!

No, that was me ... voicing my opinion
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on April 05, 2017, 04:14:48 PM

From the club pov we signed a striker and a defensive midfielder in January. Now were they the rights ones thats the debate.

Or from the Club's point of view we are a bunch of born yesterdays?

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on April 05, 2017, 11:29:03 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 05, 2017, 04:14:48 PM

Or from the Club's point of view we are a bunch of born yesterdays?

Look, if the club believed that bringing in Cyriac and Petsos was an adequate response how come both hardly feature in SJ's playing squad?  Bench warmers at best seems to be his view.  So either, i. he wasn't consulted on recruitment policy (a debate we have had ad infinitum) or ii. the Board were well aware they were bringing in substandard and inadequate personnel because SJ would have already warned them he would be unlikely to utilise these "new resources".  Either way the Board was culpable.
As I have said on another thread, I will be watching the summer transfer window with a keen interest. 

FulhamStu

The Jan window was odd, being linked wth an £8M striker on the last day was odd.  I liked what I heard Khan junior said and the summer window was very good, January however was dissapointing, I think we will all be waiting with bated breath what happens this summer but I for one am optimistic, then again, I normally am with most things.

toshes mate

Quote from: FulhamStu on April 06, 2017, 11:15:02 AM
The Jan window was odd, being linked wth an £8M striker on the last day was odd.  I liked what I heard Khan junior said and the summer window was very good, January however was dissapointing, I think we will all be waiting with bated breath what happens this summer but I for one am optimistic, then again, I normally am with most things.

What Khan Jr said was just smoke and mirrors PR.  You have to read between the lines to understand what has probably gone on because the Club personnel, particularly those at the top are never going to admit they were wrong.  I am optimistic too but I also know how easy it is to be fooled with words that are intended to placate, distract or even confuse.  Why was Sarah Brookes at MP until the deadline hour if the Club were not anticipating another announcement?

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: toshes mate on April 06, 2017, 11:36:54 AM

Why was Sarah Brookes at MP until the deadline hour if the Club were not anticipating another announcement?

IIRC they were but it fell through cos the selling club couldn't bring in the replacement they wanted so pulled out of the sale to us, which is beyond our control.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on April 06, 2017, 01:05:04 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on April 06, 2017, 11:36:54 AM

Why was Sarah Brookes at MP until the deadline hour if the Club were not anticipating another announcement?

IIRC they were but it fell through cos the selling club couldn't bring in the replacement they wanted so pulled out of the sale to us, which is beyond our control.

Which means any number of things from why leave it so late to do business to they didn't carry out what they intended to carry out which was to sign a proper striker, but has been covered up by a PR release that everything went as planned, when it clearly did not.