watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why do you want us to go up?

Started by JoelH5, April 05, 2017, 08:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Quite simply, because that's what sport is about. Playing against, and striving to beat, someone who is a bit better than you, and in doing so, becoming better yourself.    The fact that, in practice, it doesn't always work that way doesn't stop you trying.   It's the human condition.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MJG

Because it's fun to get promotion, no matter what division you are getting it from.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2017, 09:02:07 AM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on April 06, 2017, 07:17:42 AM
I want us to free ourselves from the financial fair play rules. Then we will see how interested our ultra rich chairman really is.
there are still rules in the PL.
Indeed there are.  If you playing a big club on their own patch and drawing or holding a narrow lead there'll be loads and loads of added minutes until you give in and let the big club have its way with you.

The Enclosurite

Because I have a bet on us to get promoted and it will pay for my season ticket!   :wine:

Seriously though, why would anyone NOT want to get promoted?  The aim of the game is to progress as high as we can and we all know first hand that there are much higher places to be than 7th in the Championship.
¡COYW!

Keynsham

Winning promotion is brilliant and a fantastic feeling.

Aiming and hoping to finish 10th every season because it's all that can be realistically expected of a club, is not so fantastic over a period of time.

dannyboi-ffc

Because I want to see Fulham at Wembley and this season seems the most realistic chance of that. I want to see Fulham doing the best they possibly can.

-couldn't care less who the opposition are.
-couldn't care less about attracting better players.

As far as I'm concerned it's a privilege watching Sessengon come through and show what a special talent he is. Give me that over someone like Berbatov earning a pension thinking "they're in the prem now, so they'll do" anytime.

For me going to Fulham is never just about winning. It's unconditional and a big part of who I am. So yes I want promotion but I'd like to think as a supporter, I want it for the right reasons.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Bassey the warrior

We have to or we'll continue to lose our best players for a pittance.

AlexW132

Quote from: HatterDon on April 06, 2017, 05:07:18 AM
So I can watch the games again.

I have nothing against the second tier. It's where Fulham should be historically speaking, and the football is enjoyably NOT predictable. I like that we're the consensus side as most attractive and creative.

When we go up, I'm afraid we'll get back into the "everything is 40 points, screw the cups [they're only distractions], play negative on the road and hope for a point" mode. Having said that, even during the dark Jol days as he and MAF systematically gutted the squad, I could still watch Fulham every weekend. In the Championship, it'll continue to be two or three times a year.
We don't really go for the cups in the C'ship either