watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why do you want us to go up?

Started by JoelH5, April 05, 2017, 08:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Why do you want us to gain promotion to the premier league?

For me, I hope it will allow us to attract better players and obviously so that we can play against the big teams in the country, Chelsea, City etc
I was there, standing in the Putney end

andyk

Why?
Don't ask that question.
It brings with it a host of doubt, a sea of uncertainty.  If I have to ask myself " why do I want Fulham to win, to succeed?", it will be followed by " Why am I here?". The underlying fear of extinction will surface and I will tremble for a while, seeing before me a great dark bleakness, dragging in its wake the shadow of nothingness.
Better to just watch the games, hope for the best and enjoy the good times.

SP

Less games.

But on the flip side, the return of the tourists, shriekers & the blue lot.

FPT

I want to see the Cottage filled to the brim again (like it deserves). I want to see better footballers at the football club, spending some of the tv money we've missed out on (not that volume of money spent matters, but it's nice to be able to spend freely without worrying about the books).

I want to the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City to play us, I want us to test ourselves against the best in the country.

I want to see the work of some of the worlds' best football coaches ply their trade in person, Antonio Conte, Jurgen Klopp, Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola - English coaching at the highest level is in a very strong spot.

I want to see us fight to retain our spot as a Premier League football club, market ourselves rightly and expand our global support.

AlexW132

Mainly I want bragging rights, the opportunity of European competition, MOTD, and more satisfaction from winning games.

Fulham Tup North

I want to get away from teams like QPR & Brentford.
Also, full houses, More Fulham on tv & Goal line technology!!
I know ticket prices will go up & so will the cost of pies.  Also, trying to get a ticket (for us non season ticket holders out there) will be harder. 
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

davew

We are nowhere near ready for it, we will be laughed at when we come straight back down! It has been a great season and this squad have exceeded all expectations and we should have already almost guaranteed a play off position and we haven't and we won't! Not sure what we will achieve next season but it won't be what we could have achieved this season, I hear Derby have a few more players available on loan.....only joking, not all down to CM, the FFC Management are more to blame, Nose will confirm that and I agree!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Surely no matter what sport you participate in, you want to play at the highest level,and to be the best.
We can only achieve that by competing with the best..Coyw.

Lighthouse

Do you remember the day we beat Man Utd at Old Trafford? Remember the day we beat Man City at their place? Remember our European adventures? I could go on but I wont.

That is why I want to go up. History is made there.

But I agree we are nowhere close to being good enough yet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Professional sport is very competitive, and it's the nature of a football fan to want to achieve success - to win the next game,  to beat your rivals, to  come top of the league.

Fans, as opposed to  causual spectators, generally don't go to games thinking 'it's the taking part that is important, all I care about is seeing a good game', they want to win.

So though I find many advantages in the being in the Championship, such as cheapness to ticket prices,  us winning more, I still crave promotion to the Prem. And the Prem is the elite league, where you are competing alongside the best - it has all the glamour and publicity.

Of course, we won't do as well in the Prem as the lower division, and it could be a struggle to survive, but we  can't help aspiring to it. What fan can imagine  going to games  thinking 'I'm not bothered how well we do'? - you always want to win every game, and win the league,  gain promotion.

St Eve

I don't understand this " we are nowhere good enough stuff" There are many poor teams in the premiership. We beat Hull and Boro. Most people thought Bournemouth and Burnley would be a joke. We get 150 million if we go up - enough to make us good enough

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: St Eve on April 06, 2017, 01:42:32 AM
I don't understand this " we are nowhere good enough stuff" There are many poor teams in the premiership. We beat Hull and Boro. Most people thought Bournemouth and Burnley would be a joke. We get 150 million if we go up - enough to make us good enough

exactly
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

Quote from: St Eve on April 06, 2017, 01:42:32 AM
0001.jpeg

stevehawkinslidingtackle

I want to see Shahid Khant at another game. I think his other favorite team is Tottenham City, so it will probably be that one.

HatterDon

So I can watch the games again.

I have nothing against the second tier. It's where Fulham should be historically speaking, and the football is enjoyably NOT predictable. I like that we're the consensus side as most attractive and creative.

When we go up, I'm afraid we'll get back into the "everything is 40 points, screw the cups [they're only distractions], play negative on the road and hope for a point" mode. Having said that, even during the dark Jol days as he and MAF systematically gutted the squad, I could still watch Fulham every weekend. In the Championship, it'll continue to be two or three times a year.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

F(f)CUK

I want us to free ourselves from the financial fair play rules. Then we will see how interested our ultra rich chairman really is.

Carborundum

Quote from: andyk on April 05, 2017, 08:25:41 PM
Why?
Don't ask that question.
It brings with it a host of doubt, a sea of uncertainty.  If I have to ask myself " why do I want Fulham to win, to succeed?", it will be followed by " Why am I here?". The underlying fear of extinction will surface and I will tremble for a while, seeing before me a great dark bleakness, dragging in its wake the shadow of nothingness.
Better to just watch the games, hope for the best and enjoy the good times.
Brilliant.  All I'll suggest is that if contemplating promotion really brings on that reaction, you might want to steer clear of visiting IKEA.

I guess that the reason promotion appeals is that I approach each game hoping Fulham wins and promotion happens if I get my wishes.  I wouldn't expect to have a significantly better time watching the premier league.

MJG

Quote from: F(f)CUK on April 06, 2017, 07:17:42 AM
I want us to free ourselves from the financial fair play rules. Then we will see how interested our ultra rich chairman really is.
there are still rules in the PL.

b+w geezer

We'd more often return from matches feeling downbeat. The highs would be less frequent, but higher.  We'd have the ability to recruit players who might win a domestic cup and requalify for Europe -- for me reason #1.

Twig

I have been away living in the UAE for much of our current Chamionship spell.  If we are still in the Champ next year when I return to the UK then fine, I will enjoy it.  However the prem offers a lot; the chance to attract better players, the opportunity for SJ to test himself at the highest level, better opposition, less physical/ more technical football etc. etc. 
Most importantly it would provide the financial justification to extend and improve the ground and I would absolutely love to see that as a long term legacy of a promotion.
If the ground improvements still don't happen then we will know that Khan was never serious, but right now I prefer to believe he will commit when the there is a compelling financial case from the increased attendances.