watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Newcastle v Burton

Started by Peabody, April 06, 2017, 02:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Strange descision by the Referee during last nights game. H e gave Newcastle a penalty, which they scored but he immediately disallowed it and gave Burton a free kick in the box. Has there been an explanation for this strange decision?

The Road Less Travelled

The officials admitted they made a mistake.

It's honestly not even an obscure rule, and they'd have a lot more practice if they actually enforced it more often.

OdecaMynoT

Looked like a dive to me in the first place. Maybe one mistake compounded the other.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Lighthouse

Yes they said that a Newcastle player had (as often happens) gone into the box while the penalty was taken. Instead of disallowing it, the ref admits the penalty should have just been re taken. At least that is their explanation.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

snarks

Apparently the rules are if the penelty is missed and there is an encroachment (by the attacking team) then it's a free kick to the defending team. So he just got his rule confused it happens, they still won and unlike that England women's game against Norway (may have been an age group match, I can't recall) a few years ago they don't have to replay the last 30 seconds and have them retake the kick!!