watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFC Finances for 2015-2016

Started by NJFulham, April 06, 2017, 07:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonnoj

Stand out for me was Macintosh salary over 500k!
For a business of this size that's ridiculous

MJG

Quote from: Statto on April 06, 2017, 07:46:50 PM
The headline will be a £13m loss which is the maximum permitted under FFP.

I try not to infer too much from these Companies Act accounts because I don't know if the FFP accounts use the same methodology. But if they do then we are double-f&65ed aren't we, if we're making that kind of loss without spending anything (net) on players.

Gate receipts £5.7m. I just had a quick look at Sheffield Wednesday, they average 22k and their receipts are £16.3m. Work that out.

Sponsorship £4.7m. For a club that was in the Premiership for 13 years and a European Cup final. So getting our pants pulled down by Visit Florida as well, aren't we.

"Central awards" £24m, which I assume is the yr 2 parachute payment. So if all other things remain the same once those payments stop, we'll be losing nearly £40m per season.

Sorry but something isn't right with that. I like to think perhaps we manipulate these accounts to show a big loss for tax reasons or something like that. If not we're being mismanaged off the pitch just like we've generally been mismanaged on the pitch for the last 3 yrs.
where are you get Sheff Wed match receipts figure as that's miles out?

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2017, 09:02:01 PM

I try not to infer too much from these Companies Act accounts because I don't know if the FFP accounts use the same methodology. But if they do then we are double-f&65ed aren't we, if we're making that kind of loss without spending anything (net) on players.

Gate receipts £5.7m. I just had a quick look at Sheffield Wednesday, they average 22k and their receipts are £16.3m. Work that out.

Sponsorship £4.7m. For a club that was in the Premiership for 13 years and a European Cup final. So getting our pants pulled down by Visit Florida as well, aren't we.

"Central awards" £24m, which I assume is the yr 2 parachute payment. So if all other things remain the same once those payments stop, we'll be losing nearly £40m per season.

Sorry but something isn't right with that. I like to think perhaps we manipulate these accounts to show a big loss for tax reasons or something like that. If not we're being mismanaged off the pitch just like we've generally been mismanaged on the pitch for the last 3 yrs.

They appear to only have two sources of income - match day revenue and commercial revenue.  I'd wager the matchday stuff is gate receipts, centralised TV money and specific game TV money all rolled into one.  Whereas we split it in our accounts.

MJG

Wednesday accounts show a turnover of 22m and the 16. 3m is match recipes and associated income. The only figure they separate is commercial which is 5.6. The 16m figure includes prize money from payoff final as well which they reached and other related figures. They do less of a breakdown on first viewing than Fulham.

MJG

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on April 06, 2017, 09:12:12 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2017, 09:02:01 PM

They appear to only have two sources of income - match day revenue and commercial revenue.  I'd wager the matchday stuff is gate receipts, centralised TV money and specific game TV money all rolled into one.  Whereas we split it in our accounts.
yep

MJG

parachute payment was between 19 and 20m for second year.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on April 06, 2017, 10:21:54 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2017, 10:15:28 PM

so take that out then and our revenue is £7m less than wednesday's.

which for them as i have already stated included playoff final income. But let's not kid ourselves, wears not a big club in gate terms and our sponsoship and commercial sides held steady at best year on year. Compared to others in league it's not too bad.

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2017, 10:31:49 PM

which for them as i have already stated included playoff final income. But let's not kid ourselves, wears not a big club in gate terms and our sponsoship and commercial sides held steady at best year on year. Compared to others in league it's not too bad.

Didn't they also come in for criticism for charging fans something like £40 for a ticket a few times last season?  A few games like that will increase matchday revenue a fair amount - yet if we did that no one would defend the club's decision, especially as people moan about £3 a month for FFCTV as it is.

MJG

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on April 06, 2017, 10:41:36 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2017, 10:31:49 PM

Didn't they also come in for criticism for charging fans something like £40 for a ticket a few times last season?  A few games like that will increase matchday revenue a fair amount - yet if we did that no one would defend the club's decision, especially as people moan about £3 a month for FFCTV as it is.
well as another thread mentions keeping 4k seats empty for the Brentford game this shows also the club can't win.