watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brentford ticketing farce....

Started by Chesh, April 06, 2017, 09:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

So, for the last game of the season, it may well be that having to win it to take things into the final week, there would potentially be enough Fulham fans taking up tickets to make it a near capacity crowd to get behind the team against Brentford.

Therefore, it made quite a refreshing change (I thought) for Brentford to only receive 2,700 in blocks P5-P7, thereby allowing another few potential blocks in the Putney End for late demand from Whites fans.

However, because P1 and P2 are openly on general sale without need for booking history, Brentford are simply not bothering to wait for their turn in their loyalty points queue, but lumping on in those 2 blocks over the last couple of days.

This leaves two possible outcomes - either we sell out the other 3 sides, and Fulham fans start buying up these 'neutral' tickets, or our season and demand will peter out, and it will be just Brentford in the Putney End.

When are the club going to realise that if it's the former then it's not going to be very neutral in there. Especially as all the Bees are living for this season now is to derail ours - seriously, they are salivating at the opportunity on their message boards.

What it boils down to is the club once again worrying more about bums on seats, than potentially having a few hundred empty ones, which would nevertheless serve the team better on the pitch.

Flattering though it may be, this is regularly proving to be Brentford's big day out, and I for one am getting a bit fed up of rolling out the red carpet.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

HillingdonFFC

Couldnt agree more & think that sums it up perfectly. It just seems the club are more worried about bums on seats.
Ordinarily I'm not bothered by a Putney end full of away fans but to allow them the opportunity to get thousands of tickets for a game which is potentially massive & just happens to be against local rivals who would absolutely love to ruin our day is totally ridiculous.

SP

Something funny here, Brentford reporting they've sold 1600 of their initial allocation.  Why would you buy in P1 & 2 when you could sit with the main Bees contingent?  I think I've just answered my own question.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: SP on April 11, 2017, 07:40:04 PM
Something funny here, Brentford reporting they've sold 1600 of their initial allocation.  Why would you buy in P1 & 2 when you could sit with the main Bees contingent?  I think I've just answered my own question.

Its very simple , Brentford have only 2700 odd tickets as opposed to the 6600 & 5000 we gave for the last two seasons.
They're being sold on a loyalty points basis, many Brentford fans worrying they'll miss out have bought up loads in P1 & P2 already.
Got a lot of Brentford pals & nearly all are in the Neutral, one has somehow managed to buy 10 tickets in there.

BedsFFC

For really the first time, the neutral end could end up a bad idea.

Lets face it, when there is 6000 or so away fans in there, its normally either a big game for the away team or their yearly away day (The cottage is many fans big away trip) or its just a team with big away support. Normally for these games, its not that big for us.

This one could be different, with many FFC wanting to go and as you say, our final home game. Fair to say it should be a good atmosphere.

AlexW132

Could end up with trouble if Brentford and Fulham end up mixing. After all, it is their cup final so they'll be looking to cause trouble.

BedsFFC

I sat in the Putney end twice.

On reflection, I couldn't get quite as animated as I normally do, which is about 3.5/10 on the idiot scale. So, I'm quite low.

But both times, against Everton & (can't remember the other) there were other fans that were being as reserved as me. At no time did I feel threatened or that the atmosphere was bad. It wasn't a bad experience just a touch muted.

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that would make it a bad experience would be if it had some "assholes" in there.

So, I actually like the idea that we have the neutral bit. Maybe it just needs some rebranding. It should be called the "Decent people section".

If there is trouble against Brentford. Its not the club that has made a mistake. Its entirely at the fault of the Assholes.

Assholes keep out

Arthur

Quote from: BedsFFC on April 12, 2017, 11:59:55 AM
I sat in the Putney end twice.

On reflection, I couldn't get quite as animated as I normally do, which is about 3.5/10 on the idiot scale. So, I'm quite low.

But both times, against Everton & (can't remember the other) there were other fans that were being as reserved as me. At no time did I feel threatened or that the atmosphere was bad. It wasn't a bad experience just a touch muted.

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that would make it a bad experience would be if it had some "assholes" in there.

So, I actually like the idea that we have the neutral bit. Maybe it just needs some rebranding. It should be called the "Decent people section".

If there is trouble against Brentford. Its not the club that has made a mistake. Its entirely at the fault of the Assholes.

Assholes keep out

I've never sat in the neutral section, but this is how I've imagined it to be. Good post.

Burt

I've sat in the neutral end twice, when Sheff Wed have been visitors, as one of my oldest friends is a lifelong Owls fan we decided to sit together.

It wasn't that bad. There was a boatload of Wednesday supporters around, given they travel in numbers, but plenty of us too but it never felt threatening, even when we beat them 4-0 that time.

That said, I wouldn't choose to do the same in a local derby where there's bragging rights at stake, as well as a potential play-off slot.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Chesh on April 06, 2017, 09:55:26 PM
So, for the last game of the season, it may well be that having to win it to take things into the final week, there would potentially be enough Fulham fans taking up tickets to make it a near capacity crowd to get behind the team against Brentford.

Therefore, it made quite a refreshing change (I thought) for Brentford to only receive 2,700 in blocks P5-P7, thereby allowing another few potential blocks in the Putney End for late demand from Whites fans.

However, because P1 and P2 are openly on general sale without need for booking history, Brentford are simply not bothering to wait for their turn in their loyalty points queue, but lumping on in those 2 blocks over the last couple of days.

This leaves two possible outcomes - either we sell out the other 3 sides, and Fulham fans start buying up these 'neutral' tickets, or our season and demand will peter out, and it will be just Brentford in the Putney End.

When are the club going to realise that if it's the former then it's not going to be very neutral in there. Especially as all the Bees are living for this season now is to derail ours - seriously, they are salivating at the opportunity on their message boards.

What it boils down to is the club once again worrying more about bums on seats, than potentially having a few hundred empty ones, which would nevertheless serve the team better on the pitch.

Flattering though it may be, this is regularly proving to be Brentford's big day out, and I for one am getting a bit fed up of rolling out the red carpet.
A lot of assumptions there Chesh. If the Club was genuinely worried about bums on seats for a few extra quid, then they wouldn't have restricted Bees to blocks P5-P7. Also, I think they may be legally obliged to offer the Neutral Section in all league games since the openly advertise it lots of their literature. So maybe they've tried to do the right thing but are caught between a rock and a hard place.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Chesh

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 12, 2017, 01:33:14 PM
Quote from: Chesh on April 06, 2017, 09:55:26 PM

Also, I think they may be legally obliged to offer the Neutral Section in all league games since the openly advertise it lots of their literature. So maybe they've tried to do the right thing but are caught between a rock and a hard place.
If (and it's a big if ) then that's the case, then fair enough, but if not they should have just given them the 3 blocks and that's it. Everywhere else should have been Fulham fans only imo - watch this space if we get 6 points in the next 2 games and our usual late surge in demand happens.

All I'm saying is that we're the team with a chance of achieving something, and our club should give the team the biggest advantage possible.

I'm not saying this mainly because I fear trouble (although wouldn't rule it out as Bees fans would be openly rubbing noses in it if we lose), but more so the dilution of our support coming from that end.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

_Putney_

Can't see there being any trouble in the Putney end... if there's any of us in there it will be tourists

SP

Quote from: _Putney_ on April 12, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
Can't see there being any trouble in the Putney end... if there's any of us in there it will be tourists

Cant see any trouble as most fans realise they're on CCTV in the ground & will be held accountable for any serious indiscretions.

Interesting to see the Bees still have tickets available for their home game v QPR next week.

ron

Surely if we are to thrive in the top division, then the players on the pitch need to be able to finish this season strongly no matter who is sitting where. The future we seek has far greater demands.

SP

Interesting to note the different approaches here. Fulham looking to maximise the financial return whilst QPR are only giving Forest the upper tier for a match attracting big demand from Forest fans.

Jazua

Looking at where there are tickets still available it seems that nearly the whole of P3 is available to buy with hundreds of seats currently unsold!

Scrumpy

Quote from: Jazua on April 26, 2017, 09:25:32 PM
Looking at where there are tickets still available it seems that nearly the whole of P3 is available to buy with hundreds of seats currently unsold!
Would suggest that, financially, the Club has got it spot on.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

epsomraver

Noticed for the Villa game that when we scored there was little if any celebration  of the goal at the Putney end so Villa must have had a very large share, however i have said numerous times in the past that Fulham should run out with home fans on both sides of the tunnel, I am sure no other club has away supporters on one side of their entrance