watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Come on Roy??

Started by BestOfBrede, February 04, 2010, 01:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

"I think Okaka's going to take a lot of time because he's a young, raw player," said Hodgson. "Had Erik Nevland not had a problem with his toe he probably wouldn't have started on Wednesday night.

Why take him on loan when then's only half a season left then?? ???

finnster01

Because maybe he'll buy him. If you buy a used car, you should check it out and have a bit of test drive wouldn't you?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

os5889

we also have the option to extend another 12 months, unless im mistaken, so a bit like Buchman but free.... (except for wages)

mattiesafer

I'm torn because it's definitely nice o have a young exciting player in the squad... But the team did seem a bit more composed when Nevland was in there.  But that could have just been the overall tide turning in the game, I suppose...

The Rock

I think the team gelled better with Nevland becuase he's been part of the team for 2 years.

Okaka didn't look bad, but just new and raw - like he just came in on loan 2 days ago and was thrown on the pitch. Oh wait, that was the case.

NickW

I really felt that we missed AJ last night. Whilst Okaka looks promising, it was really evident how we missed a striker who a) defends from the front; and b) makes runs into the channels. The former makes it so much more difficult for teams to dictate play, as Pompey did for much of the first half. The latter is one of the side's main ways of getting the ball into advanced and dangerous positions. Duff was livid at Okaka at one stage for not making such a run – instead he just stood there, being marked by a centre-back. We immediately looked more dangerous going forward when Nevland came on – his movement really helped us open up Pompey more frequently.

Okaka should learn this in time – he's only been here a couple of days – but we really lacked that extra bit of movement up front which is so essential to our attacking play. Even the relatively pedestrian Elm, who impressed me last night, made these runs – no doubt a result of spending so much of the season so far training with the side and knowing exactly what is expected of him. If Okaka can learn and adapt to this aspect of our game, he should do well for us. He seems to have all the raw attributes to be a success in English football. Let's just hope that he can put that (dreadful) miss behind him – we're going to need him if Zamora is out injured.