watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alex Kacaniklic - What Do We Know?

Started by White Noise, September 01, 2010, 08:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Reading the Liverpool messageboards over the last couple of days it is clear that most Liverpool supporters are gutted to have lost two of their most promising youngsters and players that they expected to break into the first team. All the discussion though has been about Lauri Dalla Valle who is, depending on who you believe, the next Torres, Fowler, Owen or Maradona!

Alex Kacaniklic is not mentioned in any detail and I wonder whether Nick the Swede or anyone else can help fill in the picture?

His profile says he turned 19 last month and that he is a midfielder and sometime striker who can also play on the wing but it doesn't say which wing. He moved from Helsingborg in 2007 and signed a new two year contract with Liverpool as recently as June. Reports suggest he has signed a 2 year contract while his Finnish colleague has signed for 3 years and both see the move as an opportunity to play first team football quicker than they would have done at Liverpool.

Well done again to Malcolm Elias and his colleagues on securing two such promising youngsters and a possible hat tip to Roy Hodgson for letting them come after Liverpool had previously fended off our bids.
It is certainly looking much more promising at reserve level now with these two joining the likes of Trotta, Hoesen and Briggs on the fringes of the first team. We have signed a good youngster or two in pretty much every transfer window since Hugh and Malcolm came on board and its great to see the club making this sort of commitment. These two youngsters apparently cost us £750,000 each. With the ages they are and the stages their respective games appear to be at it looks like they could be an absolute steal.

kewbridgeffc

I like it, we have enough old guys around that some investment in our youth is a must. It looks like Hughes is building a solid foundation. Look forward to seeing these kids sometime soon! 

finnster01

Here is what we know:

1) He is 19 years old
2) His name is unpronounceable and was probably given after his parents was on holiday in London and watched an episode of Countdown and the conundrum that came up that day was Kakaniclick.
3) Which isn't a very Swedish name, but the same can be said about Ibrahimovich...
4) He will fit right into the 900 Scandinavians nobody has every heard of but is employed by Fulham. If you don't have a Scandinavian passport, coming to Fulham is going to be a major issue.
5) Although his name may actually be short for "Kaka and I Click" which looks promising.
6) Now that Sven Goran is not coming to Fulham, he will be bringing his girlfriend to London
7) He reportedly has two feet as well, not sure if he can use either of them

Other than that, he is very much the international man of mystery. Now if I could only have You know one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!    :58:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Matt

16 caps in youth national team and 2 goals. Hasn't played in the U19-team yet this season. Remarkably unnoticed news when he left Helsingborg. Here in Sweden the papers and the critics always claims that "he went abroad to early" and that "he should at least play i Allsvenskan(Swedish first division) first" but I can hardly remember anything being written about this transfer. Will do a little digging, more to come.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

Thans for that guys. Yes that does help thanks Lighthouse. I wonder how he compares with the late Mr Buchtmann on the left. The very words 'left winger' inspire dreaming and hoping.

LRCN

turns out ok on football manager but no great shakes.

jarv

Liverpool probably wanted to get them in early knowing the new home grown rule was likely to take affect. Does their time at Liverpool count for Fulham in the home grown rule? If they bring that time with them that is a plus should they actually turn out to be decent.

Lighthouse

Quote from: jarv on September 01, 2010, 01:08:25 PM
Liverpool probably wanted to get them in early knowing the new home grown rule was likely to take affect. Does their time at Liverpool count for Fulham in the home grown rule? If they bring that time with them that is a plus should they actually turn out to be decent.

Time at Liverpool counts for the home grown rule.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope