watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham want Slav

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, April 11, 2017, 05:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

@SkySportsNewsHQ - BREAKING: Sky sources report that West Ham will target Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic if they choose to replace Slaven Bilic this summer
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Andy S

Ha ha and that is news a lot of if's in there

Burt

The silly season seems to last all season...!

Horsfield_No9

It's main story on Sky now and says "more to follow" Bit worrying as seems they know something.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Bill2

Well he signed he a new contract so I hope they re prepared to pay some obscene amount of money.

Horsfield_No9

Just annoying after the Martin situation to possibly be unsettled again at this crucial time. Need Fulham and Slav to come out quick and rubbish this one. One last job for Sarah Brooks.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Carborundum

Quote from: Bill2 on April 11, 2017, 05:57:23 PM
Well he signed he a new contract so I hope they re prepared to pay some obscene amount of money.
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on April 11, 2017, 06:02:50 PM
Just annoying after the Martin situation to possibly be unsettled again at this crucial time. Need Fulham and Slav to come out quick and rubbish this one. One last job for Sarah Brooks.
West Ham have a lot of money, so this might be very hard for SJ and/or club to turn down.  But the point is well made.  SJ signed a contract quite recently....about as recently as Gary Rowett signed one for Derby.  Can't see the harm in a behind-the-scenes phone call to see how he's feeling about next season. Don't suppose Derby would thank us for it, but there we go.

Mince n Tatties

davew

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this is true, why wouldn't they target him? He has done very well for us without full support of our owner, our Board and our general management! Sadly the best we are going to finish this season is 7th so why would he stay when most of our best players will be saying au revoir at the end of the season?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

He has done very well and he will not be going to West Ham. However he isn't indispensable which is why he took last season and did sod all. This season he is building a team but is still short of any plan to counter opposition who pump high balls at us or play a high line against us.

Will be an interesting Summer. I am far more confident of Joka staying than I am of us finding a forward or defender worth his place in the team. Why would he go to West Ham? Very dubious ownership.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 11, 2017, 11:08:15 PM
He has done very well and he will not be going to West Ham. However he isn't indispensable which is why he took last season and did sod all. This season he is building a team but is still short of any plan to counter opposition who pump high balls at us or play a high line against us.

Will be an interesting Summer. I am far more confident of Joka staying than I am of us finding a forward or defender worth his place in the team. Why would he go to West Ham? Very dubious ownership.
So is ours!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

howitis

Why would they want him when there are 6 more successful managers currently in the championship !!!

Andy S

Dave how do you know our owners are suspect and that Slav has not had their full support? Yes we may well finish 7th I think 6. I certainly do not think our best players will leave so what other argument do you have to back up Slav leaving?

One James stannard

Well West Ham can Foxtrot Oscar!!!!  :dft007:

love4ffc

Obviously I would not want him to go at this point.  West Ham have money as stated and being a London team would not be a hard move for Slav. 

Really want to stay though. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Fulham 442

As has been stated West Ham are a London team so not a difficult move for him, plus why would he not want to manage in the Prem?  Let's hope their results improve, they keep Bilic and we keep Slav, sorted!

toshes mate

Of course the alternative to having a manager in demand is to have one who nobody else wants.  I think I quite like the former......

alexmur

After his comments about Martin and his contract obligations I find it very hard to see slav want to break his contract, he has said many times he wants stability and build success. This story is just west ham fishing and Sky will broadcast anything.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

filham

I am listening to this one, it all sounds plausible to me.

1.We are going to miss out on promotion and it is likely Cairney and Sessegnon will depart, so it will be hard for him to improve on this season's performance.

2. West ham will love the type of football he has introduced at Fulham .

3.He will be payed a lot more at West Ham.

4. He will probably be offered a lucrative 3 year contract.

5.He will be operating in one of London's largest stadiums

6.He will have a generous transfer budget at his disposal.

7. He will have Stats Boy of his back.

Can't think of any positives in this one.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on April 12, 2017, 10:25:28 AM
One positive is in the summer the viable threat of leaving might give him some leverage in the inevitable power struggles with Mackintosh and Kline !

Personally I think even with only a few changes, just by virtue of our players spending another summer being coached we'll be even better next year and I put our chances of promotion at about 90%. So Slav can either jump to a bottom half premier league team now and have to start again from scratch or continue his current project and get to that level 12 months later.

So I agree with those saying this rumour is highly credible but nonetheless I'm otimistic Slav will stay.

I wish you would make up your mind. In one post you say you don't share my optimism that he will stay and in this post you say you do. It couldn't be that you are just inventing reasons to argue with people could it?  :005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope