watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For the good of football, let us hope Barcelona get crushed tonight

Started by Nick Bateman, April 11, 2017, 08:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

After witnessing the worst cheating display by a dodgy German referee, and disgusting diving by the likes of Suarez and Neymar, let us all join in cheering on the Italian Champions Juventus to avenge a moral wrong that will blight football, no matter who the media enemies of our sport spin it.

UEFA are no better than FIFA under Sepp Blatter, and should investigate corruption among their appointed officials to ensure fairness.  The standards of said German were so poor, even Paris produced a documented appeal which highlighted inconsistancies, to no avail, as UEFA have allowed such woeful performances in their prize tournament for many decades.

Let us hope that justice be done and cheats like Barcelona do not prosper under this EU regime.  Thank God for Brexit!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

SP

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 11, 2017, 08:01:35 PM
After witnessing the worst cheating display by a dodgy German referee, and disgusting diving by the likes of Suarez and Neymar, let us all join in cheering on the Italian Champions Juventus to avenge a moral wrong that will blight football, no matter who the media enemies of our sport spin it.

UEFA are no better than FIFA under Sepp Blatter, and should investigate corruption among their appointed officials to ensure fairness.  The standards of said German were so poor, even Paris produced a documented appeal which highlighted inconsistancies, to no avail, as UEFA have allowed such woeful performances in their prize tournament for many decades.

Let us hope that justice be done and cheats like Barcelona do not prosper under this EU regime.  Thank God for Brexit!

I have a Steam Roller you can borrow for any crushing that needs to be done.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

So, Juve stuff Barca.
We stuffed Juve.
Prid pro quo, we would wipe the floor with Barca!!
I love algebra!!!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bog

Whitesideup

I am happy to agree with everything up to the last paragraph, the UEFA is a poorly run, and maybe/possibly/probably corrupt organization, but oh dear ..

a) when did mainstream politics come into this?
b) since when did UEFA have anything to do with the EU?

I hope it was simply a typo. If the answer to b) is that this is all something to do with "Europeans" (ie all those in Europe who don't live in Britain) then this is simply xenophobia. If it wasn't a typo then the discussion should end here because this forum is not the place for such rants. I didn't understand the bits but the "Thank God for BREXIT"  makes me think this was not simply a typo, but offensive political nonsense.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 11, 2017, 08:39:19 PM
It was a sublime finish. ⚽️⚽️
So was that final Gordon's without the tonic, the ice made a great substitute though!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on April 11, 2017, 10:58:32 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 11, 2017, 08:39:19 PM
It was a sublime finish. ⚽️⚽️
So was that final Gordon's without the tonic, the ice made a great substitute though!!

I gather you like a tipple of the old Vera Lynn.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Whitesideup on April 11, 2017, 10:28:02 PM

I am happy to agree with everything up to the last paragraph, the UEFA is a poorly run, and maybe/possibly/probably corrupt organization, but oh dear ..

I hope it was simply a typo. If the answer to b) is that this is all something to do with "Europeans" (ie all those in Europe who don't live in Britain) then this is simply xenophobia. If it wasn't a typo then the discussion should end here because this forum is not the place for such rants. I didn't understand the bits but the "Thank God for BREXIT"  makes me think this was not simply a typo, but offensive political nonsense.
Totally agree

Neil D

Nice one.

Southcoastffc

Dear Nick B is becoming a rather silly and tiresome WUM on this board and trying, unsuccessfully, to appear erudite.  "Prid pro quo"...."inconsistancies" - are you sure Nick?  063.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

toshes mate

....the UEFA is a poorly run, and maybe/possibly/probably corrupt organization, but oh dear ..

OI course it isn't just Europeans - we have the Premier League, after all!  We are all in this together.

I do believe, and I think history may just be on my side, political powerhouses tend to influence the kind of corporations and large companies that tend to shape the structure of society.  We could argue who influence who, but I think it's all back scratching.  There are many corrupt practices in the world, and in Europe we know that corruption and reward for failure has increased in the last few decades.  There may, of course, be no evidential links between the EU and UEFA, but, on the other hand, if control of corruption has been allowed to fail through incompetency or conspiracy by the former then the latter has had an easier passage than it should have been given.  My personal view is that world has lurched into mediocrity in many different ways during the last several decades and I do not really understand why bodies like FIFA, UEFA and so many others have gotten away with so much.  We know it is bad when drug taking, match fixing, betting corruption, etc in sport are so hard to unravel and drive out.  It's really hard to know who the good guys are.

Perhaps we need a little more offensiveness (meaning aggression) in political statement and not less.  But this is a football forum and so I'll stop trying to let the hornets out.

Fulhamfan666

Agree with everything, bar that last bit.