watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham in the play-offs

Started by SP, April 11, 2017, 08:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Seem to remember poor outings against Bristol Rovers & Grimsby Town, were there any other play-off appearances?

I went to the away leg at Grimsby which was awful, did anyone go to Bristol? Expect it was a bit lively & probably raining?

ffc73

Bristol Rovers were playing their home games in Bath at the time. It was a lovely sunny day if memory serves me right & they had a young Nigel Martyn in goal who played a blinder that day

davew

I went but can't remember much about the match or even the result, I did get home safely though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Wolf

Nobody has seen Fulham win more Playoff matches than anyone else!
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

keith

I was at Bristol. At the end of the game, Bristol fans came up to our end and started throwing coins at us. I received a coin just under my right eye. I've still got the scar today.

Tonywa

Quote from: FFC73 on April 11, 2017, 10:26:10 PM
Bristol Rovers were playing their home games in Bath at the time. It was a lovely sunny day if memory serves me right & they had a young Nigel Martyn in goal who played a blinder that day

Dead right.  I remember getting horribly sunburned. It seemed a half decent result at the time, but we should have know better!

BedsFFC

Quote from: Tonywa on April 12, 2017, 11:23:40 AM
Quote from: FFC73 on April 11, 2017, 10:26:10 PM

Dead right.  I remember getting horribly sunburned. It seemed a half decent result at the time, but we should have know better!

I was on a dirty weekend in Brighton with a lovely young flame (Pause whilst I reminisce) ....... I love FFC but couldn't resist. Was it a bank holiday?

Anyway, we were on the beach and I kept walking off and putting about £3 in the phone box ringing the old clubline...Ken Mears???

My, how times have changed....

Jamie88

We did play a playoff against Brentford in 1903 (then called a 'test match'), but we lost 7-2!

Wearethewhites

I went to Bristol Rovers, as above, they were playing their home games at Bath City's ground. If I remember rightly, we played them twice in as many weeks, both at Bath, in the league and playoffs. League game was 0-0, playoff first leg was 1-0 to Bristol Rovers. Can't remember which game it was, but Ivor missed a complete sitter, think it was the league game? Bristol Rovers sent on that big lump Devon White on who flattened everyone to score their goal. Was very hot both games, remember that.

Supermitch

I was at all 4 of our play off matches.  On the night of the Grimsby defeat a certain other team in SW6 won a European trophy, can't recall which one.  A bad day for London football.

In 3 of those 4 we had a player sent off  :031:

Wearethewhites

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: keith on April 11, 2017, 11:27:46 PM
I was at Bristol. At the end of the game, Bristol fans came up to our end and started throwing coins at us. I received a coin just under my right eye. I've still got the scar today.
I remember it well. Exactly as above. For some reason the police kept us locked in after the final whistle which gave the Rovers "fans" the opportunity to come on the pitch and start hurling coins at us.
Prior to Twerton Park, visits to Eastville were equally unpleasant with the Tote End emptying at half time and looking for a fight with the fans at the open away end. All that remains of Eastville now is one floodlight pylon.

keith

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on April 12, 2017, 01:41:00 PM
I remember it well. Exactly as above. For some reason the police kept us locked in after the final whistle which gave the Rovers "fans" the opportunity to come on the pitch and start hurling coins at us.
Prior to Twerton Park, visits to Eastville were equally unpleasant with the Tote End emptying at half time and looking for a fight with the fans at the open away end. All that remains of Eastville now is one floodlight pylon.
You're right, we were kept back. I've also been to Eastville, in the Seventies. I remember, on the way to the game, seeing a KFC with Iron Grills on the Windows. Not a very nice place to go.

nose

i was there and it was a very unfortunate thing that I have to report. It was our fans that started the coin throwing or more particularly two louts just to my right that nobody had the whattsits to tell to stop. TThere was no adequate stewarding and it was allowed to continue until the rovers fans were moved back.

Jims Dentist

Remember it well, good day out, fantastic weather.
In the home leg Martin again produced wonders in the Rovers goal before they over run us later in the game.