watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lasse Vigen Christensen

Started by Southcoastffc, April 12, 2017, 08:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

I see speculation that LVC will move after his loan spell at Burton ends.  Celtic, Birmingham, Sheff Utd amongst others are touted as possible suitors.  I was glad he went on loan and hoped (still do) that he'd come back to us with renewed determination and confidence and regain the form he had a couple of years ago.  It'd be a great shame if we lose his undoubted talent but I fear that he doesn't feature in SJ's plans.

2 of his memorable goals here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sun7IE4L69I

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHi5ppHwq0I
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

mrmicawbers

His form will  have been monitored during his loan spell. He's under contract so we can decide what's best for the club and player.He wasn't playing great when he went.

filham

Love to see him back in our team but if that doesn't happen then surely we must get a good transfer fee for him.
We don't want to see a give a way of a useful player .

twang

He's the perfect understudy to Johansen, so it would be very sad if he decides to leave this summer. He should ge plenty of chances next season, at least if we're still in the Championship.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: twang on April 12, 2017, 10:20:51 AM
He's the perfect understudy to Johansen, so it would be very sad if he decides to leave this summer. He should ge plenty of chances next season, at least if we're still in the Championship.
Well, he would be IF he is the LVC of a few years ago.  He was an absolute joy to watch.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

twang

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 12, 2017, 11:07:29 AM
Quote from: twang on April 12, 2017, 10:20:51 AM
Well, he would be IF he is the LVC of a few years ago.  He was an absolute joy to watch.

Actually, I'd say that if he finds his pre-injury form LVC would be a nailed on starter.

Carborundum

If he's part of our match day squad next season I'll be happy. If we sell and buy better I'll be happy.  He's an all-rounder and a good one. 

Horsfield_No9

When does his deal run out with us? I think at the time he went to Burton it was suggested Slav DID see him in his longer term plans but I think he only has a year on the deal left unless it has a further option?

He's for sure good enough for this league which we will more likely than not be playing in next year. Would make great back up to Johansen IMO.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Riverside

I think he is in our plans  - especially as this must be Parkers last season for us .

Back up to Johansen and perhaps Cairney both of whom have been run into the ground this season .

If both stay fit regular appearances from the bench with the occasional start
If one gets injured or suspended he would start .

FPT

To me, he's the perfect back up the Johansen for this division, it surprises me that Jokanovic didn't utilise him more given the energy he provides, the technical ability he has and the creative/goalscoring output he possesses. On top of that, he has the potential to play in either full back role, the wing back position or on the wing - we get to cover more of the squad and fewer players.

I think he has Premier League potential, and I don't think us at the Cottage have seen his playmaking potential yet. I'd be very saddened if we choose to sell him, especially considering he's 22 years of age with 6 goals and 14 assists in the Championship (68 matches, 53 starts).

He didn't play as much as the others in pre-season but hopefully he's gained momentum and confidence from a decent loan to Burton to come back in the summer fitter, stronger and better to fight for a place: I think Slavisa would appreciate that.

Chutney

Both Woodrow and LVC have shown they are easily good enough for the championship, just look at Burton's form since the duo arrived. Woodrow has even got himself back in the England u21's.
C O Y W

filham

I imagine the Fulham  future for both Woodrow and LVC are in the hands of Stats Boy and his evaluation of data covering their performances at Burton.

Count Flapula

Would be foolish to sell him - especially with the fairly realistic prospect of other teams coming in for Cairney in the summer.

AlexW132

One of the few bright sparks of 2 years ago. Would be very foolish to sell him.

Woolly Mammoth

We should hang on to LVC, he is the quality of player that can stand us in good stead, he can develop into a decent player.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Max Headroom

I'm going to the burton game on Friday.... I will report back if with Woodrow or LVC plays. I'd love to have LVC on the bench at the moment, but for his development having a run playing games at championship level is the best for him and potentially in the long run for us!

FulhamStu

LVC a perfect understudy for Johansen as already said plus we would get small beer if we sold.  Definitely one to keep.  Woodrow however I don't think is good enough for where we want to go.  Get as much as we can, a really good player but not good enough for us right now.

J.Perkins

The strangest thing about Jokanovic's management skills is his squad knowledge. Loaning out Tunnicliffe, LVC, Jozabed and Woodrow when they could seemingly do a decent job well called upon was odd. He must see that they weren't fitting the system in training, but how good does he expect our back up players to be?