watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Marsh's Debut v Villa

Started by bog, April 16, 2017, 11:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

One golden memory for me was Rodney Marsh's debut v Villa. A 1-0 win and he scored with a 30 yard rocket of a shot at the Putney End....and was promptly dropped....heart broken when he was sold.

Thank you and goodnight

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on April 16, 2017, 11:43:33 AM
One golden memory for me was Rodney Marsh's debut v Villa. A 1-0 win and he scored with a 30 yard rocket of a shot at the Putney End....and was promptly dropped....heart broken when he was sold.

Thank you and goodnight

092.gif

I bet that was Vic Buckingham that dropped him. Rodney Marsh what a player and what a Character, I believe Tommy Trinder sold him for £15,000 absolute madness.
Just the same when we sold Malcolm Macdonald, we were riddled with blunders back then as well.
Both players went on to play for England.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Old Count

Remember playing Rangers in the league cup 1970 / 1971. 35,000 in the ground and all the Hammersmith End singing:
Sha na na na Rodney Marsh - you can stick that b****** up your a****  - sideways.

Great player though.  One of many we should have tried to keep.

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 16, 2017, 11:48:55 AM

Thank you and goodnight

092.gif

I bet that was Vic Buckingham that dropped him. Rodney Marsh what a player and what a Character, I believe Tommy Trinder sold him for £15,000 absolute madness.
Just the same when we sold Malcolm Macdonald, we were riddled with blunders back then as well.
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 16, 2017, 11:48:55 AM

Thank you and goodnight

092.gif

bog

It was Buckingham. (perhaps he should have managed Crystal 'palace' ....?) A nonsense to sell Rodney and Malcolm.  fp.gif :doh:Also saw the latter's debut as a sub at Bramall Lane in a midweek 1-0 defeat. 

092.gif