watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Congratulations to Brighton

Started by The Old Count, April 17, 2017, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Deserved promotion to the Premier League.  Arguably the best team in the division.

Here's hoping we join them.

COYW

filham

Special congratulations to Stockdale who spent all those years waiting at Fulham without a real opportunity.

EastEndWhite

Will be good to see them as champions rather than Newcastle.

AlexW132

Really happy for them. Especially given how much they've been through the past 20 years or so. Nice club with a great fanbase and a great stadium. Good luck to them and hopefully we join them.

Fulham Tup North

Good Luck to them.  Hope we get to face them next season again!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

grandad

They will need virtually a whole new squad. So difficult for promoted teams to compete with the established big boys. I wish them luck but I don´t see them being any better than teams like Hull, Boro, Swansea, Bournemouth et sec.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jem

I quite like the club and also their fans. Well deserved  and as said before hope we play them next season. Also chuffed for Stockdale.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Old Count on April 17, 2017, 07:05:50 PM
Deserved promotion to the Premier League. Arguably the best team in the division.

COYW

How on earth do you give them that title?   They've done well, that's unarguable.  IMO they've shown great energy and commitment but "best team"?  Certainly not the best footballers.  And I don't wish them well, perhaps because living near them I see/hear lots of Brighton 'supporters' who have never been to see them, don't know any of their players, who they are playing or even ever watched football. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 17, 2017, 08:52:05 PM
Deserved promotion to the Premier League. Arguably the best team in the division.

COYW

How on earth do you give them that title?   They've done well, that's unarguable.  IMO they've shown great energy and commitment but "best team"?  Certainly not the best footballers.  And I don't wish them well, perhaps because living near them I see/hear lots of Brighton 'supporters' who have never been to see them, don't know any of their players, who they are playing or even ever watched football. 
league table doesn't lie. Have you gone all grahame souness on us :005:
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

It really doesn't matter if they are the best team in the division or not, does it? They have the best points total which is why they are top! I wish them well in the Premiership next season and will curse them if we don't at least make the play-offs!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southcoastffc

Quote from: fulhamben on April 17, 2017, 08:54:36 PM

COYW

league table doesn't lie. Have you gone all grahame souness on us :005:
Well I am grumpy about them so Sourness is about right!  This is what Hughton (who I do admire) said after our 2 games this season:

We probably didn't deserve the win but we showed enough. There were periods in the game where Fulham looked very good. It is very difficult when you are playing a team as expansive as these are. You have to make sure you don't allow them opportunities to play.  We found it difficult but we came away with the best chance in the first half but we needed a goalkeeper who was very good today and sometimes those ingredients win you games.
AND
They were better than us in the first half because we gave them too much room and we were pleased when half-time came. But it shows the character of the team that, despite not being at our best, we were able to fight our way back and that is what you need when you are up there challenging.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Citizen Smith

Really pleased for the ex Fulham contingent in Leroy´s nipper, Sidders and above all David Stockdale, who loved this club and who would still be our no 1 now but for Magath´s incompetence.
Good luck to them.......looking forward to playing them again next season :54:

Wearethewhites

Sorry, can't echo the same sentiments as most in this thread, can't stand Brighton, become an absolute plastic Club since their Withdean days. Something died when they died unfortunately. Happy they're up, but not the same Brighton of old, have an MK Dons feeling about them. They used to get around 8,500  genuine fans, but now 27-30K worth of plastic ones. 

AlexW132

Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 18, 2017, 04:54:23 PM
Sorry, can't echo the same sentiments as most in this thread, can't stand Brighton, become an absolute plastic Club since their Withdean days. Something died when they died unfortunately. Happy they're up, but not the same Brighton of old, have an MK Dons feeling about them. They used to get around 8,500  genuine fans, but now 27-30K worth of plastic ones.
Maybe because the Withdean only had a 8500 capacity?

Buffalo76

Quote from: Statto on April 17, 2017, 07:45:00 PM
Don't care what the table the says, they're not as good at "football" as us IMO. they just have experienced championship manager and some cunning, shrewd old heads on the pitch. If I was their chairman I'd replace the manager this summer like Watford did, bring in a new set of players and a new style. Hughton is like Warnock - this is his level. And their current team, two big dopey lumps at CB, sidwell, glenn murray and so on, might work in the championship but it won't keep them in the premiership IMO

Murray might have scored for fun this season but Bournemouth clearly felt he wasn't Premier League quality so got rid of him. Knockaert did nothing at Leicester so although he looked good at this level he might not be so flash in the Premier. Hughton didn't do much in 2 spells managing in the top division, though maybe harshly sacked by Newcastle. My Brighton mate rates Dunk big time.
Having said all that I think it's only fair 2 give Brighton a fair go and wait and see who they sign over the summer before dismissing their chances.

toshes mate

I have really enjoyed watching Brighton this season.  They have deservedly won promotion by having the best equipped outfit to get out of this division, and they have done it with some half decent football.  Wish them well next season, but not when playing us.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 18, 2017, 04:54:23 PM

Really don't get this bit about plastic Club. Crowds improved with the new facilities even last year when they weren't doing very well. Fact is they are a reasonable-sized town, and that even if they are not the biggest club in the world, success will encourage a greater number of supporters.

Btw - have you noticed how crowds have improved since we have been challenging for a top 6 place? Glory hunters?

The Old Count

COYW

I did say arguably.....