watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I was a bit miffed with the substitution at takingmalone off

Started by bobbo, April 17, 2017, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

I think it was a bold, but good move from Slavisa. We had just conceded and you just knew Villa were going to try and sit back on their point - luckily, we never really had to suffer through it thanks to Ayite's great play for Aluko's goal. It was a reaction decision, this game was ours to win and why leave an attacking substitution until later in the game against 10 men at home? Sessegnon retained the bundles of energy, with added pace to cause damage in those areas.   

EastEndWhite

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on April 17, 2017, 09:00:09 PM
Quote from: bobbo on April 17, 2017, 08:54:12 PM
Ok I concede , for sure it worked, my thinking all along was Malone is better left back than sessignon - at this present time of course.

He is, but Sessegnon is better going forwards.  But we were playing against 10 men and needed to score - it makes sense to keep the more offensively minded player on and replace the defensive one with a forward when chasing the win.

Both Sessegnon and Malone have scored 5 goals so far.  I think it's fair to say that both are equally offensively minded.

AlexW132

He's been tweeting since so I imagine he's fine with it.

fulhamben

Quote from: EastEndWhite on April 18, 2017, 08:18:29 PM
Ok I concede , for sure it worked, my thinking all along was Malone is better left back than sessignon - at this present time of course.

He is, but Sessegnon is better going forwards.  But we were playing against 10 men and needed to score - it makes sense to keep the more offensively minded player on and replace the defensive one with a forward when chasing the win.

Both Sessegnon and Malone have scored 5 goals so far.  I think it's fair to say that both are equally offensively minded.
sess has 7 in all comps
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MaidenheadMick

Put in three fabulous crosses first half which were begging to be put in the back of the net.

Riverside

Malone played well
But the substitution worked

I still want to know how we got Malone for Jazz
Deal of the summer

davew

+1 and why are we having another unnecessary inquest, suppose it is because it is good to talk? It was a very good substitution (as it turned out), Sees and Malone are great playing together but Joka saw a way of winning the game and not for the first time this season he has got it right!! Remember the past few years, whichever manager we had they messed up which is why we are playing in the Championship, although I can't always understand what SJ says,  he has done very well for FFC, even if we finish 7th!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Riverside on April 18, 2017, 09:52:03 PM
Malone played well

Deal of the summer

My thoughts as well! How the heck did that happen.

cmg

Quote from: Riverside on April 18, 2017, 09:52:03 PM
Malone played well

Deal of the summer

Yes indeedy....Although Aluko on a free looks like pretty good value.

We don't see many swap deals in our game. They are normal in ML baseball and are always interesting as they pitch one man's (or organization's) judgement directly against another's. Perhaps our administrators are afraid of getting shown up.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 17, 2017, 08:40:44 PM
AND THIS IS WHY SLAVISA IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB:

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic revealed he took Scott Malone off and brought on Neeskens Kebano because he feared 10-man Aston Villa were beginning to "dominate" the ball.  Despite being 1-0 down and a man short after Jonathan Kodjia's sending-off, Villa began the second half well and equalised through Jack Grealish's superb curling strike.  After another spell of possession, Jokanovic brought on Kebano to play on the wing and pushed first goalscorer Ryan Sessegnon to left-back – and the change worked as Villa were overwhelmed by the extra attacker, with Sone Aluko restoring the lead.  Kebano himself sealed the victory late on and the Whites boss was pleased to see the change have the desired effect.  Jokanovic said: "We gave them 50 seconds possession of the ball, we didn't press them enough and they equalised.  "They controlled and dominated us around the time they scored the goal.  "I decided to put on one more aggressive player and don't give them so many chances to move us around.  "At the end we found some benefits from this change. I didn't change Scott Malone because he didn't play a good game – I needed to make this decision for the benefit of my team."

That's brilliant.