watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I was a bit miffed with the substitution at takingmalone off

Started by bobbo, April 17, 2017, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

He was clearly unhappy at being subbed, he'd put several superb crosses in, and critisise me  if you want but sessignon despite scoring had lost possession several times at that point.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

bobbo

grandad

I saw both him & Fredericks were starting to blow. Malone was the obvious one to get subbed as Sess could drop back.. He has run himself into the ground recently.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

Slav must have had a reason maybe it is to keep everyone on their toes

bobbo

Grandad , I didn't notice it but if you think he was a bit knackered believe you mate.

JoelH5

Quote from: grandad on April 17, 2017, 08:05:17 PM
I saw both him & Fredericks were starting to blow. Malone was the obvious one to get subbed as Sess could drop back.. He has run himself into the ground recently.

and the fact Kebano came on and scored

nose

It was clever and obvious substitution
I thing malone wil be ok with it
He is number one left back, but today needed a different approach

cmg

I LIKE players to look, and, in fact, be, p1ssed off when they are subbed.
I always thought Danny Murphy was going to lamp someone when he was taken off - even when he was on his knees by that time.

Kebano was excellent when he came on.

JoelH5

Quote from: cmg on April 17, 2017, 08:18:04 PM

I LIKE players to look, and, in fact, be, p1ssed off when they are subbed.
I always thought Danny Murphy was going to lamp someone when he was taken off - even when he was on his knees by that time.

Kebano was excellent when he came on.

This exactly. He'll be itching for the next game

bobbo

Ok gang, I just thought Malone was playing really well , not knocking kebano coming on it just surprised me - and a few around me - when it was him to come off.

colinwhite

Either way it changed the game with us scoring the 2 no goal shortly after  . a tactical change

Peabody

SJ has said it was because he felt Villa were starting to dominate and wanted to counter that with a more aggressive attacking game, it seemed to work

Southcoastffc

AND THIS IS WHY SLAVISA IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB:

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic revealed he took Scott Malone off and brought on Neeskens Kebano because he feared 10-man Aston Villa were beginning to "dominate" the ball.  Despite being 1-0 down and a man short after Jonathan Kodjia's sending-off, Villa began the second half well and equalised through Jack Grealish's superb curling strike.  After another spell of possession, Jokanovic brought on Kebano to play on the wing and pushed first goalscorer Ryan Sessegnon to left-back – and the change worked as Villa were overwhelmed by the extra attacker, with Sone Aluko restoring the lead.  Kebano himself sealed the victory late on and the Whites boss was pleased to see the change have the desired effect.  Jokanovic said: "We gave them 50 seconds possession of the ball, we didn't press them enough and they equalised.  "They controlled and dominated us around the time they scored the goal.  "I decided to put on one more aggressive player and don't give them so many chances to move us around.  "At the end we found some benefits from this change. I didn't change Scott Malone because he didn't play a good game – I needed to make this decision for the benefit of my team."

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bobbo

Ok I concede , for sure it worked, my thinking all along was Malone is better left back than sessignon - at this present time of course.

fulhamben

Quote from: bobbo on April 17, 2017, 08:54:12 PM
Ok I concede , for sure it worked, my thinking all along was Malone is better left back than sessignon - at this present time of course.
I don't think he is. Love to see some stats. Sure we have a better win percentage and concede less with young sess playing there.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Southcoastffc

No need to concede - I was of the same mind and still agree that Malone is sounder than Sess but SJ outthought most of us - not for the first time this season!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

The Road Less Travelled

He is, but Sessegnon is better going forwards.  But we were playing against 10 men and needed to score - it makes sense to keep the more offensively minded player on and replace the defensive one with a forward when chasing the win.

Bill2

In SJ I trust. Without a doubt the best manager in this div and has taken us from being relegation fodder to the best footballing side in the the Championship. If the players had any sense they will realise that he has put a team together who play lovely football and they are probably playing the best football in their careers.

RaySmith

I questioned the decision at first, but was obviously the right one by the manager.

We had a left back in Sess who could replace Malone on the pitch, and Kebano  gave us the extra, very pacey and skilful, man in attack.

Well done Slavisa.