more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marek Rodak

Started by cmg, April 20, 2017, 12:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

This caught my eye from the club website this morning:
"In League 2 Marek Rodak starred for Accrington Stanley on Good Friday and also on Easter Monday, being named in the EA Sport EFL Team of the Easter Weekend.

The imposing goalkeeper kept two clean sheets and saved a penalty and produced a plethora of fine saves throughout the weekend to see Stanley climb up 12th in the table."

This young man, highly regarded ever since he stepped into the u18s looking like he'd just bunked-off primary school, really seems to ne doing the business in League 2.
It seems he's very highly regarded by the Accrington fans (eg."After a nightmarish introduction at Cheltenham, I think young Mr. Rodak has been one of, if not the most instrumental player in Stanley's change of fortunes since January. Another great prospect courtesy of Fulham."). They would love to keep him, but I imagine he will, at age 20, be back challenging for a place here next year.

Both Betts and Joronen have had loan spells at Accrington, and even a 40-year od Tony Warner turned up there a few years back!

twang

Good to hear! Suspect that he replaces Joronen as third choice next year and will be out on loan again, but possibly one or two divisions higher up.

Loaning goalkeepers to Accrington, however, does seem to be very beneficial to all parties.

FPT

From my Twitter this past week, "Marek Rodak at @ASFCofficial - 18 games played, 7 clean sheets and 3 features in the @TheLeaguePaper Team of the Weekend."

I've always called him the best shot stopper I've seen at youth level. I think his potential ceiling is higher than any other keeper at the club - he is already starting to look more like a professional goalkeeper in build (always been very long and lean).

To me, Rodak is a potential superstar stud of a goalkeeper. His height is already perfect, his shot stopping and goalkeeping athleticism is of a high standard and his experience at Welling and Accrington Stanley is making him a much more dominant box defender. He will play for Slovakia and he will play for Fulham. He's a number one in the making and he may be the best goalkeeper to come out of the football club (and there's some really good competition: most notably from Marcus Bettinelli but also Taye Ashby-Hammond).

FPT

Oh and four tweets from the past:

"Once Rodak beefs up and grows into an English goalkeeping style, he's going to be quite special." - 7th April 2015

"Marek Rodak is going to be insane once he bulks." - 22nd April 2015

"Marek Rodak looks like he'll be absolutely brilliant. One of the best shot stoppers I've seen for a keeper at his age." - 2nd June 2015

"Marek Rodak may be the best academy goalkeeper I've ever seen. I'm only 20 of course and been into youth football sort of 5 years." - 24th July 2015

Should help the narrative that I'm long term fan of Marek and his ability(ies).

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FPT on April 20, 2017, 12:55:15 PM
Oh and four tweets from the past:

"Once Rodak beefs up and grows into an English goalkeeping style, he's going to be quite special." - 7th April 2015

"Marek Rodak is going to be insane once he bulks." - 22nd April 2015

"Marek Rodak looks like he'll be absolutely brilliant. One of the best shot stoppers I've seen for a keeper at his age." - 2nd June 2015

"Marek Rodak may be the best academy goalkeeper I've ever seen. I'm only 20 of course and been into youth football sort of 5 years." - 24th July 2015

Should help the narrative that I'm long term fan of Marek and his ability(ies).

Impressive stuff. I replied to your message. Give us your number or something so that we can get the ball rolling with your ideas etc
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

He's had quite a few good write ups in the football
league paper all season.

FPT

This seems apt to bump up right about now. Take a look at the dates 😉