News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Phew what a scorcher! What are you all up to today?

Started by Burt, June 29, 2019, 11:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd Cupp

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 29, 2019, 12:54:30 PM
Just sold my Sun Bed Empire to an Eskimo for a small profit.

Was the Profit called Mohammed..!!!

SP

Veterans & Armed Forces Day here in Seaford.  Glorious sunshine & loud applause as they marched through town.

YankeeJim

Funny world we live in. Europe is setting heat records day by day while I sit on my little hill just north of LA where by this time of year it is usually 90F or above on a consistent bases. Yesterday we just had our second consecutive days of 80F or above for the first  time this year. I was in Rosarito, MX (just south of San Diego) two weeks ago and the high for the week was 74F with only one other day reaching 70F. Is it global warming or global shifting? Only the true believers know for sure.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Holders

I've been repairing some stone steps in the garden and laying a cobble path, determined to finish it whatever the weather. It's been so hot I've done it in chunks then gone indoors to cool off. The met office reckon it was just 78 but it felt a lot hotter.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

I am just moving from one room to another in my flat trying to find a cool spot, looking forward to a cooler day tomorrow.

Twig

We're road tripping in California. Weather a bit unpredictable, but it was scorching in Yosemite and hotter still in Joshua Tree. Heading back Nth up highway 1 tomorrow to SF.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: SP on June 29, 2019, 04:46:52 PM
Veterans & Armed Forces Day here in Seaford.

Same here in Scarborough. Armed forces day. Seafront will be packed as always. Next year Scarborough will host the countries main Armed Forces Day !! God knows how they will cope with another 200,000 people though!!
Red hot here also. Golf tomorrow....👍😁
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fulhamfan666

Went to see Cheshunt v St Margaretsbury to tick of the stadium.

My bus never showed up so had to take an expensive Uber.
Also, it was actaully on the 3G pitch next to stadium and it started an hour earlier (at 2pm) without having notified anyone.
Hence I missed the first 30 min.
Also there was no shadow so that was not pleasant.

Ah well.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 29, 2019, 03:25:33 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 29, 2019, 03:24:28 PM
Quote from: Vinnieffc on June 29, 2019, 03:10:20 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 29, 2019, 02:53:30 PM
Having a G @ T in my garden in Tankerton.Walking down to the Lobster Shack in Whitstable for a bite to eat later when it has calmed down a bit.Later going to West Beech for a few drink whilst listening to some Jazz.Sorted
Used to love Whitstable. Only a 45 minutes drive when I lived in Kent. [emoji16]

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

where did you live in Kent Vinnie?I used to live in Holden near Deal before moving back to London prior to coming here last year to be nearer the Kids and Grandkids. Whitstable is great but can get a little overwhelmed on days like today.Always good for food and live music.The oysters are to die for,if you like them.
Sholden damn predictive text
I was in Dartford and before that Bexley heath. Loved it there but it was going downhill - mainly feral teens on bikes. Bought our place here in South Somerset to retire to in a few years time but I took early retirement so here we are now. Went back to Bex last week for a few beers with old mates still nice to visit [emoji16]

G_Gribby

At the cottage on the island since yesterday fishing Sea Trout (without any luck), BBC and reading books / drinking wine. The weather is fantastic!
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Vinnieffc on June 30, 2019, 02:39:20 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 29, 2019, 03:25:33 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 29, 2019, 03:24:28 PM
Quote from: Vinnieffc on June 29, 2019, 03:10:20 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 29, 2019, 02:53:30 PM
Having a G @ T in my garden in Tankerton.Walking down to the Lobster Shack in Whitstable for a bite to eat later when it has calmed down a bit.Later going to West Beech for a few drink whilst listening to some Jazz.Sorted
Used to love Whitstable. Only a 45 minutes drive when I lived in Kent. [emoji16]

where did you live in Kent Vinnie?I used to live in Holden near Deal before moving back to London prior to coming here last year to be nearer the Kids and Grandkids. Whitstable is great but can get a little overwhelmed on days like today.Always good for food and live music.The oysters are to die for,if you like them.
Sholden damn predictive text
I was in Dartford and before that Bexley heath. Loved it there but it was going downhill - mainly feral teens on bikes. Bought our place here in South Somerset to retire to in a few years time but I took early retirement so here we are now. Went back to Bex last week for a few beers with old mates still nice to visit [emoji16]

I travel a lot for work and in ßonerset quite a bit as they still make stuff down there enjoy your early retirement hoping to join you in a few years.Somerset is a lovely çounty.

bobbo

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 29, 2019, 06:26:31 PM
Funny world we live in. Europe is setting heat records day by day while I sit on my little hill just north of LA where by this time of year it is usually 90F or above on a consistent bases. Yesterday we just had our second consecutive days of 80F or above for the first  time this year. I was in Rosarito, MX (just south of San Diego) two weeks ago and the high for the week was 74F with only one other day reaching 70F. Is it global warming or global shifting? Only the true believers know for sure.
i'm heading your way Friday Jim, San Diego for 3 days , 4 days LA , then down to sydney to return my granddaughter to her parents . That 70's oddweather suits me.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

YankeeJim

Quote from: bobbo on June 30, 2019, 04:23:27 PM
i'm heading your way Friday Jim, San Diego for 3 days , 4 days LA , then down to sydney to return my granddaughter to her parents . That 70's oddweather suits me.

Its suppose to warm up this week. I should warn you I'm  slightly above a 1000 meters so we are consistently cooler. Did you enjoy the open sewer in San Francisco? Tip about LA, don't drive between 7AM and 7PM. The traffic can really be bad.
Don't mean to be a downer but I fell out of love with Cali some years ago. This time next year I hope to be in Idaho.

bobbo

Thanks Jim , I've not been LA for many years and had been told driving anywhere was awful, I got a 16 year old granddaughter with me and she's got a couple of spots in mind like universal studios etc. Thought we may stay Laguna area till we take off for Sydney.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

YankeeJim

Quote from: bobbo on June 30, 2019, 11:22:32 PM
Thanks Jim , I've not been LA for many years and had been told driving anywhere was awful, I got a 16 year old granddaughter with me and she's got a couple of spots in mind like universal studios etc. Thought we may stay Laguna area till we take off for Sydney.

Universal is fun. Its geared a bit towards young people so she should be in her element. e safe  here and on the trip home.

Burt

And then did you hear the one about 1.5m of hail falling in Guadalajara?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-48821306

Funny world indeed...