watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One Fulham team in the play offs

Started by razor05, April 25, 2017, 07:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razor05

Congratulations to the U23's for making it to the play offs.
Even though well beaten by wolves last night they still made it.
A lot of injuries to key players and a very young inexperienced team took on a a quick and powerful Wolves team who were just to good for our young side.
Wolves winning 4-1.

General

Yeah - was wondering if they had a weakened team out with such a heavy scoreline. Good to know that was the case as I've always looked on our academy as being more competitive than that.

davew

Yes well done, no disgrace losing to Wolves our first team managed that as well and hopefully we will make the play offs?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

The team had several key players missing, injuries took their toll, and it was a relatively young inexperienced side. So no disgrace in losing 4 1 against a decent Wolves outfit. That's football, and scorelines do not always reflect the match as a whole.
Nevertheless, we made the playoffs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: General on April 25, 2017, 08:48:38 PM
Yeah - was wondering if they had a weakened team out with such a heavy scoreline. Good to know that was the case as I've always looked on our academy as being more competitive than that.

5 or 6 of the players that got them into the playoff are currently on loan, i cant see yhe current team having much of a chance to get promoted.

aaronmcguigan

Thing is with that youth team, some will have already been told they won't be getting new contracts, some will be getting released, some will be in despair and some will be in the shop window. Anybody know who's contract expiring and likely to leave? Adebayo, Dolan? Surely Williams needs to make the step up to 1st team either here or different team. He's a class above in under 23 but struggled in a poor MK Dons team

Jamie88

I think Adeniran, Edun, Davies and possibly de la Torre are the only ones from the U23 setup who may have a chance progressing into the first team - I feel like Williams' chance has come and gone