News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How would you distribute Wembley tickets ?

Started by Riversider, April 25, 2017, 02:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

If (if) we got to Wembley how would you want to see the tickets distributed ?
I ask this now because after the second leg (if we get there) there is next to no time to prepare so for ward planning is relevant,
When Derby and QPHa got to the final they were both given 41,000 tickets , we have about 10,000 season ticket holders,
So the obvious choice would be either 2 or 3 per season ticket holder,
2 would mean a minimum of 21,000 to members and general sale , 3 would mean a minimum of 11,000 to members and general sale ,
The danger we have is that if we were to play Wednesday in the Final they would sell out their 41,000 immediately and then go looking for more, so I would want to see as many as possible going to season ticket holders , so I would suggest 3 ( no way is every single season ticket holder going to buy 3)
Cast your mind back to The Europa Cup Final and the utter shambles of the tickets sales, initially 1 per season ticket holder, which led to family and friends getting split up, only for more tickets being made available to season ticket holders further down the line,
And is there time for Loyalty points to come in to play (which i doubt) or will all season ticket holders be treated equally ?
I understand fully that there is still a long way to go yet, but I hope/assume that a plan of action is being discussed behind the scenes as a repeat of the Hamburg shambles can't be allowed to happen again.
So then, how many would you like to see made available initially to season ticket holders ?

rweller86

Quote from: Riversider on April 25, 2017, 02:08:22 PM
If (if) we got to Wembley how would you want to see the tickets distributed ?
I ask this now because after the second leg (if we get there) there is next to no time to prepare so for ward planning is relevant,
When Derby and QPHa got to the final they were both given 41,000 tickets , we have about 10,000 season ticket holders,
So the obvious choice would be either 2 or 3 per season ticket holder,
2 would mean a minimum of 21,000 to members and general sale , 3 would mean a minimum of 11,000 to members and general sale ,
The danger we have is that if we were to play Wednesday in the Final they would sell out their 41,000 immediately and then go looking for more, so I would want to see as many as possible going to season ticket holders , so I would suggest 3 ( no way is every single season ticket holder going to buy 3)
Cast your mind back to The Europa Cup Final and the utter shambles of the tickets sales, initially 1 per season ticket holder, which led to family and friends getting split up, only for more tickets being made available to season ticket holders further down the line,
And is there time for Loyalty points to come in to play (which i doubt) or will all season ticket holders be treated equally ?
I understand fully that there is still a long way to go yet, but I hope/assume that a plan of action is being discussed behind the scenes as a repeat of the Hamburg shambles can't be allowed to happen again.
So then, how many would you like to see made available initially to season ticket holders ?
I think the Europa League final was 6 per Season Ticket holder, everyone else had no chance. I bought my ticket from a Hamburg fan! I think 3 is reasonable, but I am hoping for 4 myself as that is how many I need. As long as it is more than one.

**Should we get there of course.
@rweller

westcliff white

my guess is it will be 4 per season ticket holder, and then any lef ton general sale, members I guess will get priority too.
Every day is a Fulham day

Riversider

Quote from: westcliff white on April 25, 2017, 03:02:00 PM
my guess is it will be 4 per season ticket holder, and then any lef ton general sale, members I guess will get priority too.

Would be ecstatic if you are right, but no way will it be 4 per season ticket holder with us having 10,000 season ticket holders.

rweller86

Quote from: Riversider on April 25, 2017, 03:14:48 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on April 25, 2017, 03:02:00 PM

Would be ecstatic if you are right, but no way will it be 4 per season ticket holder with us having 10,000 season ticket holders.
I don't see why not, not everyone would take the allocation. A family of 4 season ticket holders might only take 4 instead of 16.
@rweller

fulhamfan

HillingdonFFC

QPR & Derby originally got 37k each. Both clubs sold out quickly & pretty sure got extra tickets? Think Rangers had around 40k & even asked for more which was refused.
I think it shows how many we could sell, loads of mates & randoms in the QPR end & it'll obviously be the same for us if we were to get there. I've got loads of pals who have expressed an interest in going & would be Fulham for the day.
Be interesting to see how its phased, Hamburg was a total joke. 12800 tickets went in 2 hours, mainly because of the ridiculous decision to let fans get 6 per person  The club got an extra 1000 or so but I know loads who had to buy tickets iff the UEFA website of off touts in Hamburg

Riversider

Hence my concern that because of the shortness of time between the semi and the Final you can almost guarantee that the Club will fcuk it up !
The FST should have been raising the issue at this months get together at Motspur Park, if we don't get there all well and good but if we do get there a plan of action set out nice and early would be beneficial,
Bring back Sandra Coles.

FulhamStu

Start point 2 per season ticket holder, 1 per member, go from there.

bill taylors apprentice

Three per S/T holder and one per member.

Then any left over go on sale to the rest, maximum 2 per person.

SuffolkWhite

I think it should be 2 per member! I will be a ST holder next season with my son, so would appreciate 2 tickets should we make it.

But also have to say as much as I am confident we can get there..........really don't want to jump the gun.

049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

mrmicawbers

4 per season ticket.As previously mentioned no everyone will take 4,leaving the rest for members.Shame its on the Monday an not the Saturday b nice to get there hopefully.

e4b

I think 3 per season ticket is about right.Members 1 per person.Think most season ticket holders would take 3 I know I would

westcliff white

I would have an objection to people being FFC fans for the day that are taking tickets away from FFC fans that want to go. I am sure we will sell our allocation. We don't sell out at home regularly, so giving Season ticket holders 4 is not an issue for me, there will still be 10k or so left after they have taken their allocation.
Every day is a Fulham day

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on April 25, 2017, 07:22:48 PM
I would have an objection to people being FFC fans for the day that are taking tickets away from FFC fans that want to go. I am sure we will sell our allocation. We don't sell out at home regularly, so giving Season ticket holders 4 is not an issue for me, there will still be 10k or so left after they have taken their allocation.

I think with nearly 40,000 tickets available there's going to be plenty for any Fulham fan who wants to go

Woolly Mammoth

As long as the regular away supporters, season ticket holders, members and the genuine long suffering Fulham supporter are all catered for, and I have no objection to ST holders getting 3 or 4 each. There should be enough room for everyone who has Fulham at heart.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Take Me Home MAF

Interesting post.

The ticket management for the Hamburg Final was shocking, and ultimately led to the loyalty points scheme we are now all building. I don't remember it being 6 tickets per STH for the final but it being 4, I could be wrong on that. The other mess the club made was the ticket distribution for the Hamburg Home Semi Final where I think they did 6 per STH, many missed out there too.

I was at Uni for our Europa run, and had given up my STH a few seasons prior when I moved away from home to study. At the time I was a member and was travelling back and forth for each game. Even getting to some of the Europa aways.

When the tickets came on sale for the final, my friend who was a STH offered to get a family member and I a ticket, even though I was convinced they would trickle down to members. We were lucky he got them as we would have missed out. Some people who barely support the club got tickets for that night. I think the club were scared we would not sell our allocation, certainly some naivety there as it was new territory for the whole club.

My concern is not Wembley, I think the allocation is large and the floating fans will not be as interested as they were with Hamburg. However, lots of people mentioning it will go from STH's, then to members- I do not think it will. The ticketing will be purely on loyalty points and I imagine the club will/should go 2 per person with a certain about of loyalty points, and then descend as appropriate.

If it goes to STH, then members you lose the people who might only go to away games, or have been committed to Fulham and built points but gave up their ST in the past season or so.   

I have 384 points, which is not a lot but it's ok. My concern would not be Wembley but the potential away fixture in the Semi. This is the game where the club really have to get this right and be fair.

Realistically the loyalty points have never been properly used, the first games to Brentford in 14/15 maybe and some QPR fixtures are the only time I can think they have been applied and needed. This will be the time when the club need to use them correctly, should we reach top 6...

Aside from this there was a comment the FST should have been planning for this. Its only in the last week that making top 6 be a genuine possibility. The FST would have been panned if they mentioned to the club about Playoff tickets when we were 7th and beaten by Wolves. They do a great job and I'm sure they will work with the club if required.

rweller86

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on April 26, 2017, 10:24:49 AM
The ticket management for the Hamburg Final was shocking, and ultimately led to the loyalty points scheme we are now all building. I don't remember it being 6 tickets per STH for the final but it being 4, I could be wrong on that. The other mess the club made was the ticket distribution for the Hamburg Home Semi Final where I think they did 6 per STH, many missed out there too.

It was definitely 6 for the final. As for the Semi, I was able to get 3 tickets, I too was a member and away at Uni at the time. I think I was lucky to pick them up as last minute returns.
@rweller

cookieg

I can remember during the '75 run where they had vouchers in the programmes which at least enabled non-season ticket holders to appkly for tickets. These days with everything being computerised it is easy to see who attends games, who are STH's or members but I'm sure there are many fans who for whatever reason can't get to all the games or travel up and down the country to watch us away. It would be nice if the club could find a way to allowing these types of fans to get tickets should we get to the final.

I attended both Gillingham play off finals as my sister moved down that way and used to take her sons to watch them so I know what it is like to get a ticket to watch a team who I don't really have any support for and may well have denied a Gills fan a ticket.

Fortunately my sister saw the error of her ways and is now well and truly back in the Fulham family as is two of her sons.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Don't forget a few for us fans around the globe  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES