watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next Up - Brentford

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 25, 2017, 05:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Well, well, well, what a turn of events up at Huddersfield on Saturday, as the Whites ran out 4-1 winners, against a tricky side sitting 4th in the Championship.

Up next in another tough game, with the visit of Brentford, who are also in form, which will also see the Cottage packed to the rafters with both sets of fans.

If Fulham win, then it doesn't matter what we do up at Sheffield Wednesday, as our goal difference will see us in the playoffs, however, there is no way Brentford are going to make this easy for us, so are expecting a very hard game.

Their 4,000 travelling fans will want nothing more than to spoil our day, so how will Slave set the team up for this one, knowing how great the prize is.

Anything Brentford in this thread please, possible team lineups, formations, news etc.   

Woolly Mammoth

Of course Brentford have nothing to lose apart from one game. But our need is GREATER than theirs. That's the challenge, but that's why we are in the play offs. Our adrenaline will help spur our players on, I have no doubt. We just need a fair crack of the whip from the referee, and a rub of the green, and let's hope with our players appetite, desire and hunger, plus their quality will get us over the line, one way or another. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Burt

filham

Johansen took a knock on Saturday, he is a key member of the team, any new yet about his recovery.

bill taylors apprentice

Important to get in front and then it will be interesting to see how bothered their players are in fighting for a result!

Anxious? of course I am but its different this time, not because we may not be good enough because we are.

This time its just about playing to the standard we have set for ourselves!

Zendra

As well as winning on Sat we need to score a few goals in our remaining 2 games so we end up as the Division' s top scorers .  Only Newcastle and Norwich can overtake us.

Wearethewhites

In an ideal world, I'd love to get them back for the 4-1 home defeat, and return the favour, but in the real world, it don't work like that, nor do Fulham ever keep to the script.

As long as we win, I don't really care, as a playoff place is worth more than a 100 x 4-1 wins.

Are we technically better than Brentford, yes. Can we do a job on Brentford, yes. My only fear, is can we holding our nerve and get the job done.

BestOfBrede

I think they will be up for attempting to derail our promotion push..
My biggest concern is if they take it too far, being driven by a (first time) vociferous following, they may get over excited and be oblivious(yeah right) to outside the rules fouls!
More than anything, we need a strong ref without bias!
Possible in this league? I doubt it!

Nevertheless, I think we are by far the better team - I'll change that - The Best Team, and should really be up for this one!

Then take a day off lads - our reserves can take the Wednesday !

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on April 25, 2017, 06:23:29 PM
Johansen took a knock on Saturday, he is a key member of the team, any new yet about his recovery.
he is a key member but we can cope. cairney sits in his position and kebano gets a run out.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Andy S

I'm sure we will win because we need it more than they do. I'm not knocking Brentford as they are doing well in the league. We know how important it is to not need points in the last game of the season. People talk about Fulhamish. Well for now Fulhamish has gone. Brentford would like the points but realistically they are thinking about their holiday and a good season starting next august where they can be one of the front runners in the league. There are two good teams but it is about the team with the cutting edge. The whites have it.

davew

Quote from: Andy S on April 25, 2017, 11:35:35 PM
I'm sure we will win because we need it more than they do. I'm not knocking Brentford as they are doing well in the league. We know how important it is to not need points in the last game of the season. People talk about Fulhamish. Well for now Fulhamish has gone. Brentford would like the points but realistically they are thinking about their holiday and a good season starting next august where they can be one of the front runners in the league. There are two good teams but it is about the team with the cutting edge. The whites have it.
If we win on Saturday, I will agree that Fulhamish has gone, but until 16.55 on Saturday I will have to hold my breath, your last comment about cutting edge, well there is a razor blade by my bedside cabinet if we lose!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on April 26, 2017, 12:20:50 AM
Quote from: Andy S on April 25, 2017, 11:35:35 PM
If we win on Saturday, I will agree that Fulhamish has gone, but until 16.55 on Saturday I will have to hold my breath, your last comment about cutting edge, well there is a razor blade by my bedside cabinet if we lose!!

Is it Gillette or Wilkinson Sword Edge, or is it a Cut Throat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.