more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle and West Ham raided by HMRC

Started by rweller86, April 26, 2017, 09:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rweller86

Naughty naughty.

Arrests made including the Newcastle MD.
@rweller

westcliff white

Tax and National insurance fraud it seems
Every day is a Fulham day

ffc2004

Maybe it's Jonjo Shelvey arrested for fraud on account of impersonating a footballer.

Rambler

What would the likely permutations be if they're both found guilty?

westcliff white

who knows it has never happened before, well not that I can remember.

Robbie

If it is systematic or it can be proved that the companies failed in oversight and control this is likely to be a points deduction !

ron

Surprised at West Ham being investigated for this type of thing...why, they only pay about 30 bob a week rent for that concrete bowl of theirs....surely they can't be hard up?

westcliff white

thats speculation sadly robbie. I have just quickly read through the guielines for financial improprities, i believe it could be argued this isnt covered. It definatelt relates to FFP and being declared bankrupt in laymans terms but doesnt mention fraudulent actions. Only thing covering that is the ft and proper ownership rules as far as I can see.

Will be interesting to follow HMRC must be sure otherwise they do not act.

rweller86

If there were to be any implications for either club, it won't happen this season as it would need to go through the courts etc. So don't get your hopes up for a points deduction this season!!
@rweller

WokinghamWhite

Football clubs never cease to amaze me. They're awash with money but they still behave like cowboy builders doing the job for cash in hand "and you won't have to pay VAT".

f321ffc

HMRC say "arrests relate to £5m of suspected income tax and national insurance fraud." More on #SSNHQ
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

andyk

It seems to be related to French players, clubs and agents. The French authorities have also made arrests. 
Hopefully our signings from the French league, Floyd Ayite and Neeskens Kebano, were  above board.

westcliff white

Quote from: andyk on April 26, 2017, 12:59:51 PM
It seems to be related to French players, clubs and agents. The French authorities have also made arrests. 
Hopefully our signings from the French league, Floyd Ayite and Neeskens Kebano, were  above board.
I Think (and am 99.9%) sure that Kebano came from Genk in Belgium

grandad

Surely if it is £5 million that is petty cash to these clubs. Why do they try & cheat the system for such a sum.?
Where there's a will there's a wife

AlexW132

They may not get a points deduction this season, however they could start next season on -10 points and have a transfer embargo, which if we were to get promoted would mean effectively one less relegation place.

Mike the White

That may just our good luck - they will not be able to afford TC

westcliff white

Quote from: Mike the White on April 26, 2017, 03:46:26 PM
That may just our good luck - they will not be able to afford TC
with the money they will get for being in the prem that won't be an issue if they are serious

Woolly Mammoth

These raids can be very taxing for football clubs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 26, 2017, 11:15:19 PM
These raids can be very taxing for football clubs.
Simply put thats a terrible joke, or attempt at a joke i should say

toshes mate

I would presume the involvement of police and HMRC means the evidence of malpractice is pretty conclusive since these raids do not happen unless that is the case.  The French authorities being involved means it is very serious and perhaps more widespread.  I would not want to speculate where this is going to lead since the patent dispensing of justice has largely disappeared off of our legal system agenda in our recent past.  We can all read up on apparent abuse of banned medicine taking policies in top level sports to get one view of how badly sport is managed in the very top echelons of power.  I have little or no confidence in any authority figures these days and pray that one day sanity will return to the human condition.