watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Going nowhere session and cairney

Started by Andy S, April 27, 2017, 09:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Liverpool want Session for next to nothing so they are trying to tap him up early. Well if we get promoted he'll be going nowhere. It is the same for cairney. So we know the goal and the reward
There is no way clubs should be allowed to tap our players who have come up throughout the years for next to nothing. It is legalised robery.

westcliff white

they are in the same boat as us, cannot offer Sess anything until he is 17. But also like us they can talk to him as he hasnt got a pro contract with us, same for us when we got Dembele and a few others.

Not good news but lets see what happens, there wasa rumour he had signed a pre contrcta agreement syaing he would sign with us. All rumours and if this and that. We just have to wait, sadly though the power is all with the player these days
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Agree Statto, although we did the same to PSG with Dembele. Its swings and roundabouts at times. I really hope he signs a deal as one or two more seasons with us could see him really develop.

Twig

Is Session a nickname? I hadn't heard it before.

Andy S

I agree with most of what you guys say. I also agree that the player should have a say. But the system is wrong when the club that invests time and money and facilities into bringing a player through the ranks gets very little in return. That's my objection.

westcliff white

I agree with you andy but as I say we did it to PSG when we signed Dembele, or other youngsters we have signed. The rules are terrible and can be exploited as Celtic did with Dembele.

Carborundum

He's a child who may or may not sign a professional contract with us.  The key to a good outcome is to offer the right amount of football in the right environment to suit his personal and footballing development and for the club to offer what they believe he is worth.  If the club nickel and dime on this, then in turning it down, he won't be treating us badly  at all.  Rather he will be showing a level of maturity off the pitch that he shows on it.  Clear heads needed all round.

westcliff white

what do you call nickel and dime? for me if they offer him 5 grand a week thats a lot for a 17 year old. But id 5 grand a week nikel and dime? comapred to united and the liverpools it probably is but comapred to those around us it probably isnt.

Comes down to if he wants to play first team football or reserve and bench warming, and of course the lovely agents players have. If the agent comes into effect doesnt matter what we offer.

Carborundum

Quote from: westcliff white on April 27, 2017, 10:58:43 AM
what do you call nickel and dime? for me if they offer him 5 grand a week thats a lot for a 17 year old. But id 5 grand a week nikel and dime? comapred to united and the liverpools it probably is but comapred to those around us it probably isnt.

Comes down to if he wants to play first team football or reserve and bench warming, and of course the lovely agents players have. If the agent comes into effect doesnt matter what we offer.
Heres how it might be looked at.  The club can expect to sell him after a couple of years.  What they get could range from zero (in the event he is crocked) to say £15m.  Pick a number that represents a reasonable estimate.  Say £8m.   So by signing a contract for £5k per week, after two years he would have received £520k and the club would make £7.5 million profit.  Plus whatever it saved by not having to buy and pay another player to replace him.

I'm not sure any sensible adviser would see that as a fair sharing of the rewards.

£5k per week is certainly a lot for a youngster to spend, but spending isn't the same as earning.  For example Anthony Joshua lives with his mum.  So to answer your question, £5k per week would appear to be nickel and diming to me.

westcliff white

your pretty much bang on there Statto, average championship wage used to be just over 14k per week, with the highest earners on around 40k per week.

For me the sell on amount has nothing to do with it as the agent wont take into acount he amount spent on nurturing through the years. he should include that and then it may be mor ein proportion, offering anything more than 10k per week, which is a million pounds over 2 years is not nickel and dime by any stretch for any one, would seem out of proportion to othe rplayers and could lead to those asking for pay rises and putting the club in peril. Not sure why yhe reference to AJ living with his mum but am fairly sure that Sess isnt living in some luxury pad either, although AJ can certaibly afford one.

BestOfBrede

We may be OK as he has stated that he will sign (apparently) and also his brother is here and he may wish to remain with him while they are still young. What I would say though, is we should be aloud to add a sell on clause to any buyer, otherwise it really is unfair? If he turns out as good as everyone seems to think then Liverpool (say) would get a very large sun indeed to sell on and this is where it is unfair to clubs that develop these players.

grandad

I would hope that if Sess is tempted he would do the decent thing that both Saha & VDS did by signing a new contract enabling us to get big fees for them.
Where there's a will there's a wife