watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone Know Of Another Club?

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 29, 2017, 07:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Who has missed 9 penalties in a season(Not Shootouts)
Its a disgrace really when you think of it.
Never mind we are in the playoffs, but it could have been better.Coyw

PokerMatt

I'd be surprised if this wasn't the worst record for a professional club ever.

That said, it's all building up to us winning at Wembley with 5 perfect spot kicks.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 29, 2017, 07:36:01 PM

You will find that since Christmas, they also had a string of missed penalties at Stringfellows Genitalmens Club, Covent Garden. So we are not the only ones.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Wolf

Way to celebrate making the Playoffs OP, really not a 'disgrace' imho
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Wolf on April 29, 2017, 08:53:43 PM
Way to celebrate making the Playoffs OP, really not a 'disgrace' imho

I'm celebrating alright half cut now.
Yes it is a disgrace missing all them pens I'm afraid.
OK Wolfie .

Andy S

For my money it is a surprise to get 9 penalties in a season. We have in fact had about 15 I believe but you have to look why we are missing them a lot more than we used to. 1 the law on penalties was changed a few seasons back where a keeper was not allowed to move until the ball was struck. He now Can. 2 Keepers now have access to tv replays of penalties and have a huge dossier on all penalty takers. listing which way they will hit them where they run from and what foot the hit them with. So don't be surprised that more are being missed

filham

Quote from: Andy S on April 29, 2017, 10:42:31 PM
For my money it is a surprise to get 9 penalties in a season. We have in fact had about 15 I believe but you have to look why we are missing them a lot more than we used to. 1 the law on penalties was changed a few seasons back where a keeper was not allowed to move until the ball was struck. He now Can. 2 Keepers now have access to tv replays of penalties and have a huge dossier on all penalty takers. listing which way they will hit them where they run from and what foot the hit them with. So don't be surprised that more are being missed
That's right and a few days ago on this forum we all said that if Cairney tried that delicate low soft kick to keepers left again it would probably be saved as every Championship keeper must have been briefed on it.
Why oh why had he not tried something different in training.
Today's missed penalty equated to two lost points. over the season the nine missed penalties must have cost us a good few points.

the nutflush

Hope they practice a few before they get to Wembley.  I don't want to sound so Fulhamish but I can see promotion coming down to a few spot kicks.

Snibbo

Just welly it.  Can't do any worse

Holders

I doubt there's another club that's reached the play-offs after missing so many.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

nose

all our penalties seem to be low. best penaties are placed high and towards the corner AND hit very hard
cairney, bless him, placed his last three penaties in the same spot, if the goalkeeper guess correctly he is likely to score.
if we would have hit thunderbolt penalties straight down the middle we would have likely got half scored. joca needs to address this as we may yet need to go through a penalty shoot out.

Holders

Never mind, at least we'll have Martin back...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Andy S

Fulham1959

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 29, 2017, 07:36:01 PM

Even more remarkable than that is that we are still the highest scorers in the Division, with one match left

bill taylors apprentice

I see a lot of missed penalties in my walking football games!

Due to lack of confidence and poor technique!

That couldn't possibly be our problem?
Not from a group of professionals surely?

filham

Before the play offs start we should employ Danny Murphy for two days special penalty coaching.

Fulham 442

Never mind, at least we'll have Martin back...

Ha ha!!!