News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it possible Wednesday will put the boot in?

Started by SuffolkWhite, May 01, 2017, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Maybe a bit over the top, but would they target some of our players to injure and put them out of the PlayOffs!? Thoughts?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

grandad

I said this in another thread. Wouldn´t put it beyond their planning. I would rest our key players such as Cairney, Johansen, Kalas, McDonald, Aluko & Fredericks.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SuffolkWhite

I think the regular midfield 3 Kalas, Ream, all other positions have cover to a point.
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

gang

Not beyond them or us.
I am now of the opinion that as we will finish 6th we should rest our key players.

SuffolkWhite

Certainly some squad run outs would be good. Madl, Parker for a half, martin, Piazon,odoi etc
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Then again , they might just let us win. Thats then a guaranteed scenario for then not facing us in the semis,as they couldnt finish 3rd and we stay 6th.

SuffolkWhite

"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Wingnut

I think they will go all out for the win. They are on an excellent run at the moment, winning their last six, if I remember correctly, so they'd be crazy to let that momentum slip at such an important point in their season. I'd expect standard service from them when it comes to putting the boot in but nothing more.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Max Headroom

Bizarrely all four teams in the play offs could put out weakened teams. Us to protect v injury and the rest to try to avoid us.

We could all get fined!

Baszab

They're a dirty cynical team ... and they have a cynical manager - def need to rest Johansen TC and Fredericks

Carborundum

If Scott Parker plays, don't be surprised if Forestieri has a special Hillborough welcome saved up for him.

Holders

Quote from: Wingnut on May 01, 2017, 03:27:55 PM
I think they will go all out for the win. They are on an excellent run at the moment, winning their last six, if I remember correctly, so they'd be crazy to let that momentum slip at such an important point in their season. I'd expect standard service from them when it comes to putting the boot in but nothing more.

Agreed on both points.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Neil D

There's nothing to be gained by putting out a full strength team and a run-out for the squad players (especially Martin but also Button, Madl, Odoi, Parker, Piazon, Cyriac should start) makes sense all round.  That's still fewer than Huddersfield's ten reserves.  I assume Martin is still registered with us until the end of May?

Southcoastffc

Slavisa said "Some players have played many minutes so we need to try and find the best solution for how are going to play against Sheffield.

"I don't coach only 11 players. The whole squad now is thinking and working in the same direction and we move on to Sheffield Wednesday with confidence."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

nose

they are cynical but suspect they do not want to start a brawl
potentially a 0 0 snore fest

Andy S

Nobody wants to risk getting sent off and miss the final. Even Martin would not want to risk games suspended for next season. That goes for either side. We will rest some players but so will they.