watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shouting for Button

Started by NorfolkJim, May 01, 2017, 08:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Sitting away from my usual position in H5 on Saturday right down at the front it was interesting to hear the "support" reaching the pitch from the various parts of our end - but I was also surprised and a bit irked to hear someone shouting out for Button during the match. I like Betts but you are free to have an opinion and I get that; what I don't get is what does that "supporter" hope to achieve by shouting out for Button when its Marcus in goal? Does he think hearing support for other keeper make him lift his game? Personally I think it just irritates - support the team on the field on the day - debate who should be 1st choice to start at other times. Would just like to try and understand that mindset, that's all

SuffolkWhite

I agree Jim. Unless that fan thought it was Button  1500.gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

gang

I was in H4, didn't hear anyone shouting for Button.
Maybe the people that you heard were just trying to wind up his Brentford replacement.

Woolly Mammoth

He was shouting to Betts to undo his top Button.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Burt

He was only one voice amongst 25,000...  :dft011:

westcliff white

For me but only just I think Button should play< I understand there had to be a change after the Derby game but personally think some of the defenders were also culpable in that game, so hard to label it on one person for what was a poor game for the whole team. However, the change was made and it has worked ok so far and that is good as it shows we have 2 keepers pushing each other, which is exactly what Tim Flowers said we had.

I personally thought that Betts could have done a little better for their goal on Saturday, a little harsh I know but then everyone was with Button too. Bit overall it has worked and we are in the playoffs (almost) so no one can complain too much.
Every day is a Fulham day

bog

If you check the record since Betts came in.....

092.gif

westcliff white

I know the record since he came in and as I say its worked, but someone could say if you check the record before Button came in......

I will also say that if anyone checks my posts about Betts I have always said he has all the tools and potential to be a good keeper, he just needs to command his box more,  something Flowers was good at in his career so should be able to get that into him, which he seems to have done.

bog

Lots of records today....our manager saw fit to change and that will do for me. He is the boss.

092.gif

westcliff white

Quote from: bog on May 01, 2017, 11:24:34 AM
Lots of records today....our manager saw fit to change and that will do for me. He is the boss.

092.gif
And that's exactly what I have said about the keeper change and every other decision he has made. He knew the direction he wanted to go and he knew what he needed to do to do that and to achieve the targets. The targets were playoffs he succeeded, anything over that is a bonus.

I would have taken 9th to 12th this year as progression so he clearly makes the right choices

epsomraver

Quote from: bog on May 01, 2017, 11:17:47 AM
If you check the record since Betts came in.....

092.gif
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: westcliff white on May 01, 2017, 11:21:24 AM
I know the record since he came in and as I say its worked, but someone could say if you check the record before Button came in......

I will also say that if anyone checks my posts about Betts I have always said he has all the tools and potential to be a good keeper, he just needs to command his box more,  something Flowers was good at in his career so should be able to get that into him, which he seems to have done.

I really don't what games you have been watching, have you been at the games? Betts has been good at dominating his area and there is a purpose amongst the defence that was not there with Button, he is more vocal and his  link up with Ream, his distribution on the whole has been far superior to ButtonAs for he could have done better for the goal well that is beyond even replying to

westcliff white

Quote from: epsomraver on May 01, 2017, 12:57:27 PM

I really don't what games you have been watching, have you been at the games? Betts has been good at dominating his area and there is a purpose amongst the defence that was not there with Button, he is more vocal and his  link up with Ream, his distribution on the whole has been far superior to Button as for he could have done better for the goal well that is beyond even replying to
Er Epson read my whole comment I said he seems to have done a sin commanding his area. Please read everything. The only home game I have missed since Betts has been in the team was Saturday, and going form what I saw on the replay he seemed to dive under the ball to a well struck shot just from the replays which may or may not be the best but you get them from say 2 or 3 different positions. Again if you had read it all I said it was a harsh comment, so please read all the comment before just taking a snap shot at one part of a whole comment.

I have also said on multiple times that they are so hard to split as a pair and based on Betts improvement (said this since he has been back in the team) its just down to distribution. Tim Flowers said in his interview SJ wanted a new number one who could play out form the back and that was Button, but its a credit to Betts to respond and take on that challenge, I don't think his short distribution is as good ut he has been excellent since he came in. All these are comments that I have said before, so please read everything rather than just pick one thing from each sentence.

I have said for 3 years he is a good keeper and will get better if he commands the box, which Flowers has got him to do, so now he should and will push on. I am happy with them both to be fair, are they prem quality? time will tell but personally I think they both have the capabilities to be. Playing will bring consistency and that's what keepers need.

For the record I did bring up the past playing performances as you need to compare both before and after, as Betts was part of the problem for 2 years, however we have a coach that has improved him and that is what he needed. The improvements I have been mentioning for 2 years or so, I am pleased he has got there because he has the potential to be a top keeper given his age.

The beauty of football and this forum is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and not have dispersions thrown at them about whether they go to games or not, everyone's opinion is as valid as the next persons even if they can or cannot afford to go each week, or have to work, or have (as I did on Saturday) have family events they need to deal with.

epsomraver

Quote from: westcliff white on May 01, 2017, 01:09:52 PM

I really don't what games you have been watching, have you been at the games? Betts has been good at dominating his area and there is a purpose amongst the defence that was not there with Button, he is more vocal and his  link up with Ream, his distribution on the whole has been far superior to Button as for he could have done better for the goal well that is beyond even replying to
Er Epson read my whole comment I said he seems to have done a sin commanding his area. Please read everything. The only home game I have missed since Betts has been in the team was Saturday, and going form what I saw on the replay he seemed to dive under the ball to a well struck shot just from the replays which may or may not be the best but you get them from say 2 or 3 different positions. Again if you had read it all I said it was a harsh comment, so please read all the comment before just taking a snap shot at one part of a whole comment.

I have also said on multiple times that they are so hard to split as a pair and based on Betts improvement (said this since he has been back in the team) its just down to distribution. Tim Flowers said in his interview SJ wanted a new number one who could play out form the back and that was Button, but its a credit to Betts to respond and take on that challenge, I don't think his short distribution is as good ut he has been excellent since he came in. All these are comments that I have said before, so please read everything rather than just pick one thing from each sentence.

I have said for 3 years he is a good keeper and will get better if he commands the box, which Flowers has got him to do, so now he should and will push on. I am happy with them both to be fair, are they prem quality? time will tell but personally I think they both have the capabilities to be. Playing will bring consistency and that's what keepers need.

For the record I did bring up the past playing performances as you need to compare both before and after, as Betts was part of the problem for 2 years, however we have a coach that has improved him and that is what he needed. The improvements I have been mentioning for 2 years or so, I am pleased he has got there because he has the potential to be a top keeper given his age.

I agree with most of your comments but to compare Betts past results with the present performance you need to factor in the poor disorganised defence he had in front of him compared to the more solid one now, as my old coach used to say "don't blame the goalie, there are 10 men in front of him"

westcliff white

Quote from: epsomraver on May 01, 2017, 01:24:39 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on May 01, 2017, 01:09:52 PM

I agree with most of your comments but to compare Betts past results with the present performance you need to factor in the poor disorganised defence he had in front of him compared to the more solid one now
and I agree with that, the defence was terrible, but he was also part of that by not being commanding. Thankfully that has improved and that is what will drive him forward and improve some more.

Which is good for the team and us fans